***city v sunderland official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v sunderland official match thread***

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Poyet apologises for boring the crowd in the first 45 minutes. Journalists only interested in Lampard and NYFC. Fuck off. Dare say Barclay or someone will be banging on about this in the Sunday Supplement.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Thank Frank for that. 3 points secured. Panti played a blinder but was made to look better by pathetic finishing from Milner, Navas and Ferni. Could have been 6 or 7, a hat trick for Frankie !!

Remember we are missing our strikers.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Great win for us today Just a few points:
Clichy was excellent
Much better from Mangala
I love Fern 1 but not his best today
Nasri was good but both sunderland goals originated down our left and Sami switched off on both occasions. It's no wonder MP pulled him off.
Some good stuff from jojo.
Wtf will we do without Yaya.
Sunderland showed nothing until 2-0 down and then decided to start playing. Worried me a bit that they scored twice in only 5 mins of trying to play footie.
We could have scored 8...should have scored 8.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:06 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Great win for us today Just a few points:
Clichy was excellent
Much better from Mangala
Nasri was good but both sunderland goals originated down our left and Sami switched off on both occasions. It's no wonder MP pulled him off.
Sunderland showed nothing until 2-0 down and then decided to start playing. Worried me a bit that they scored twice in only 5 mins of trying to play footie.

I'll add a couple.
Silva was well off his game today, stray passing was very noticeable.
JoJo telegraphs so much of what he does, when he doesn't he is pure Hollywood.
Yaya had 137 touches of the ball, saying "everything goes through him" was almost worth adding the word "literally" on the front of it today.
Mangala and MDM are a very handy partnership and I hope we don't drop MDM for no other reason than "Kompany is fit again", he has been our best defender even when Kompany is fit.

A corner from our right side is not a goal originating down our left. Otherwise we could keep going back further and further until we blame the goal on Joey, which is fine by me, but then you have to thank him.

Sunderland were god awful, played anti-football, park the bus shite that we see a lot at home these days. Has any side actually stopped us from scoring yet?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:14 pm

I think the problem with the goals they scored was due to us not having any defensive duties and we just weren't ready for them to come at us. We should've expected it but after all the play being in their half with Zab's and Clichy permanently making the runs into their box it was all a bit of a shock that they'd actually try and play for a goal.

Great half of football though with Sunderland lucky to even be in the game, they got lucky with their goals, it was so unscripted.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think the problem with the goals they scored was due to us not having any defensive duties and we just weren't ready for them to come at us. We should've expected it but after all the play being in their half with Zab's and Clichy permanently making the runs into their box it was all a bit of a shock that they'd actually try and play for a goal.

Great half of football though with Sunderland lucky to even be in the game, they got lucky with their goals, it was so unscripted.

You really think ex-City players score against City is "unscripted"?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I think the problem with the goals they scored was due to us not having any defensive duties and we just weren't ready for them to come at us. We should've expected it but after all the play being in their half with Zab's and Clichy permanently making the runs into their box it was all a bit of a shock that they'd actually try and play for a goal.

You really think ex-City players score against City is "unscripted"?

You make a fair point. Typical.

And then the ex-Chelsea player wins us the game. Beautifully typical.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Slim wrote:
Clichy was excellent
Much better from Mangala

I'll add a couple.
Silva was well off his game today, stray passing was very noticeable.
JoJo telegraphs so much of what he does, when he doesn't he is pure Hollywood.
Yaya had 137 touches of the ball, saying "everything goes through him" was almost worth adding the word "literally" on the front of it today.
Mangala and MDM are a very handy partnership and I hope we don't drop MDM for no other reason than "Kompany is fit again", he has been our best defender even when Kompany is fit.

A corner from our right side is not a goal originating down our left. Otherwise we could keep going back further and further until we blame the goal on Joey, which is fine by me, but then you have to thank him.

Sunderland were god awful, played anti-football, park the bus shite that we see a lot at home these days. Has any side actually stopped us from scoring yet?

he also made a few great passes. i think he made some of them later in the match. tiredness maybe?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Herb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:22 pm

A weird game in parts but we thoroughly deserved the victory - great displays all round and no goalkeeper fuck-ups for a change.
Nice one!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby freshie » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Clichy was excellent
Much better from Mangala

Dirty slag ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:06 pm

AntMcfc wrote:WHY IS ZABA SO FUCKING SHIT ATM?????????? FUCKING WANKER THAT IS PATHETIC

?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:WHY IS ZABA SO FUCKING SHIT ATM?????????? FUCKING WANKER THAT IS PATHETIC

?

Definitely something strange going on here....
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:13 pm

blues2win wrote:Poyet apologises for boring the crowd in the first 45 minutes. Journalists only interested in Lampard and NYFC. Fuck off. Dare say Barclay or someone will be banging on about this in the Sunday Supplement.

Let's hope so, I enjoy his pain.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum