*** City v Sheffield Wed - FA Cup Match Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** City v Sheffield Wed - FA Cup Match Thread ***

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:06 pm

In answer to the earlier post, the 4th round draw is 7:35pm on BBC1 tomorrow, before the Stevie G show.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
twosips wrote:Just gutted now that we probably won't see any kids get a chance this year now. We won't get an easier draw than Wednesday at home i'd presume and they defo won't get a chance in the league or CL.

We might play a few away to Barca providing we're far enough in front after the home game...

Excellent.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Sounds like a poor game. Still, in the hat for the next round so job done really.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:Sounds like a poor game. Still, in the hat for the next round so job done really.

Indeed, and now a full week to prepare for the Everton game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Sounds like a poor game. Still, in the hat for the next round so job done really.

I believe before we do that, we have to hand our "Get out of Jail Free" card back to the banker. Bit lucky getting two of those in a week.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Slim wrote:

I believe before we do that, we have to hand our "Get out of Jail Free" card back to the banker. Bit lucky getting two of those in a week.

I'm torn between feeling like that and spouting some old bollox usually reserved for bacons team about winning when playing poorly.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:

I'm torn between feeling like that and spouting some old bollox usually reserved for bacons team about winning when playing poorly.

Take the results even if we haven't been great. Plenty of sides are unlucky. Winners are usually lucky. We have had a bit of luck lately and been winning. A good trait in my book
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:

Take the results even if we haven't been great. Plenty of sides are unlucky. Winners are usually lucky. We have had a bit of luck lately and been winning. A good trait in my book

Well, I'm happy.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:08 am

I don't think we were lucky today, just uninspired.

We were the best team from start to finish. Just that we were by far the best bag, out of two bags of shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:13 am

Lucky is one word for it, yes we were the better team but we had no luck in front until late on, seemed Frank, Yaya, Navas and JoJo were all playing a different game last night.

Silva and Nasri coming on just shined a big fucking spotlight on how important it is to have a creative midfielder and we have two...three if the transfer rumours are to be believed. No surprise when both of them featured in the equalizer, but how much does Yaya look lost without them? You can see the intricate work that goes on with those three and when they were absent, Yaya may as well have been shooting from halfway for all the good it did.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:52 am

Silva the catalyst, Nasri his apprentice and Milner was decisive when and where it mattered. The rest of that game is details as getting through is all that matters and after 4 games in the previous 14 days we managed to do just that and move on.

Pre the Xmas period and the Palace match, if you'd have offered us 10 points out of 12 to move level with Chelsea, and a 3rd round Cup win, we'd have gladly taken it. We are right where we need to be.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:47 pm

I know about all the comments regarding one full-back but did anybody else think Sagna was absolute bobbins yesterday? Too slow to pick up his man and in his delivery and general positional play. Seemed to take an extra touch to control the ball before attempting to deliver a cross and getting in Jesus's way. Been a major disappointment this season for me as I thought that he would be quality cover for Zaba.

I won't add to the previous comments about Kolarov!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:I know about all the comments regarding one full-back but did anybody else think Sagna was absolute bobbins yesterday? Too slow to pick up his man and in his delivery and general positional play. Seemed to take an extra touch to control the ball before attempting to deliver a cross and getting in Jesus's way. Been a major disappointment this season for me as I thought that he would be quality cover for Zaba.

Yes, but I thought this before the game, and was not surprised.

Some idiot telling us Zabs needed to be dropped for Sags:
Slim wrote:Except sagna now runs like he is dragging a lodestone behind him. Haven't seen a slower fullback on the turn since Corluka.

From the Leicester match thread:
Slim wrote:How many players can out pace Sagna? My guess is 11.

From the Bayern match thread:
Slim wrote:Does sagna have to make everything he does look so damn difficult?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:44 pm

Slim wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:I know about all the comments regarding one full-back but did anybody else think Sagna was absolute bobbins yesterday? Too slow to pick up his man and in his delivery and general positional play. Seemed to take an extra touch to control the ball before attempting to deliver a cross and getting in Jesus's way. Been a major disappointment this season for me as I thought that he would be quality cover for Zaba.

Slim wrote:Except sagna now runs like he is dragging a lodestone behind him. Haven't seen a slower fullback on the turn since Corluka.

I would never ever pass the ball to this cunt , when he gets it he loses it.

A fuckign waste of money and if anyone has nay football brain in the City set up they should sell him as soon as.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Slim wrote:

My bad. Thanks Slim!! What really pissed me off though was the extra touch to control the ball when it quite plainly wasn't needed in a decent crossing position.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:10 pm

I could harp on about it but what's the point? To convince other posters he's shit? If they don't know by watching I wonder what the fuck a post on a forum is going to do. These things happen, you sign two 30+ players on the cheap, one becomes vitally important and the other cashes in on a contract he doesn't deserve.

Now Kompany, there is a more interesting discussion. Mangala is getting better every week(with the odd dip), is the pure physical specimen of what you want in a centrehalf and MDM is my favourite defender at the moment because he's not strong, not big and not quick, but he's still our best defender. Kompany gets fit....bench?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Slim wrote:I could harp on about it but what's the point? To convince other posters he's shit? If they don't know by watching I wonder what the fuck a post on a forum is going to do. These things happen, you sign two 30+ players on the cheap, one becomes vitally important and the other cashes in on a contract he doesn't deserve.

Now Kompany, there is a more interesting discussion. Mangala is getting better every week(with the odd dip), is the pure physical specimen of what you want in a centrehalf and MDM is my favourite defender at the moment because he's not strong, not big and not quick, but he's still our best defender. Kompany gets fit....bench?

I'd have to agree but I don't think it'll happen.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum