Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Sue Perb wrote:Hope you're right?

He is right.

What's more some papers reporting negotiations between City and JM about to restart.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 am

PrezIke wrote:more reason to wonder if we will feel pressure to splash a lot of cash on barkley...and the toffees will know this.

i really hope not
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Sue Perb wrote:Hope you're right?

He is right.

What's more some papers reporting negotiations between City and JM about to restart.

Test the scousers for a deal for Sterling in the summer.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bear60 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Stepped up to the mark yesterday got us out of jail always liked him hard as fuck proper man
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Bear60 wrote:Stepped up to the mark yesterday got us out of jail always liked him hard as fuck proper man

INDEED. He did . mad Zabba now saying he needs to stay . My gut feeling. he is being sold the come to Klanfield replace Stevie Starfish play in the middle become our new general .Woy will have to pick u all the time the kloppy will luv U bulshit nightmare.
carolina-blue

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Bear60 wrote:Stepped up to the mark yesterday got us out of jail always liked him hard as fuck proper man

INDEED. He did . mad Zabba now saying he needs to stay . My gut feeling. he is being sold the come to Klanfield replace Stevie Starfish play in the middle become our new general .Woy will have to pick u all the time the kloppy will luv U bulshit nightmare.

Do you do English versions of your posts?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:38 pm

carolina-blue wrote:

No - that role has already gone to Henderson - he struts around this season like a Ya Ya Gerard hybrid - until he then fails to hit a long ball to a teammate and all his short passes are backwards. Legend in his own head.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:13 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

American's have no need of English and haven't for 238 years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Slim wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Smoke coming out of your Google from all the internet searching and maths done to construct that post.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Smoke coming out of your Google from all the internet searching and maths done to construct that post.

Cheers

You need google to work out 2014-1776? Oh America, another middle aged bald man falls through the cracks.

I took 2014 as the year because you didn't declare yourselves traitors until July 2nd and then proceeded every year since to get the date wrong. Even back then "math"(Yes, I saw your usage of "maths", you just so want to be English don't you?) wasn't your strong suit was it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:01 am

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:

Cheers

You need google to work out 2014-1776? Oh America, another middle aged bald man falls through the cracks.

I took 2014 as the year because you didn't declare yourselves traitors until July 2nd and then proceeded every year since to get the date wrong. Even back then "math"(Yes, I saw your usage of "maths", you just so want to be English don't you?) wasn't your strong suit was it?

Fucking striking a nerve there I guess. Calm down jizzmaster, calm down.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:24 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:

Cheers

Fucking striking a nerve there I guess. Calm down jizzmaster, calm down.

Cheers

Nope, just my general level of contempt for you and your people.

Out of all the things your country has done, I'm not even sure it'd make the top 10 reasons you're despised.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:25 am

Very nice words from Milner

James Milner has been voted the Etihad Player of the Month for January.

The England midfielder comfortably saw off the challenge of Gael Clichy and Fernandinho to secure his first award of the season – and he paid tribute to the City fans that helped him secure the prize.

“Anytime you win an award that has been voted for by the fans or your fellow professionals is special – it means a lot because the fans turn up every week, pay their money and they are the life and soul of the football club,” said Milner.

“Players, managers and chairmen come and go, but the fans are always there and they are the heartbeat of the club so for them to vote me Player of the Month is great and it means that I’m contributing to the side and that’s all I want to do.”

One of the most popular players in the squad, Milner ended last month with a superb display against Chelsea and he started February with a last-gasp equaliser against Hull last weekend.

If he continues in the current vein, he could be in contention for this month’s award, too.

“The fans are brilliant with me and at every club I’ve been at the support has tended to get stronger the longer I’ve been there,” he said.

“I know that when I first arrive I was a Yorkshire lad who wasn’t maybe as glamorous a name as players like David Silva, Sergio Aguero and those sort of guys and I completely understand that, but hopefully the supporters see that even if I have a bad game and the passes aren’t coming off or whatever, that I’ll still give everything for the team and I’m sure that’s all the fans want to see.

...James Milner...

“Their support is massively appreciated. Wherever we play they are behind us and they maybe don’t realise how much they can lift us, particularly at home when things aren’t going well and it’s down to us to get them going as well and give them something to sing about.”
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 am

Wonderwall wrote:Very nice words from Milner

The England midfielder comfortably saw off the challenge of Gael Clichy and Fernandinho to secure his first award of the season – and he paid tribute to the City fans that helped him secure the prize.

“Anytime you win an award that has been voted for by the fans or your fellow professionals is special – it means a lot because the fans turn up every week, pay their money and they are the life and soul of the football club,” said Milner.

“Players, managers and chairmen come and go, but the fans are always there and they are the heartbeat of the club so for them to vote me Player of the Month is great and it means that I’m contributing to the side and that’s all I want to do.”

One of the most popular players in the squad, Milner ended last month with a superb display against Chelsea and he started February with a last-gasp equaliser against Hull last weekend.

If he continues in the current vein, he could be in contention for this month’s award, too.

“The fans are brilliant with me and at every club I’ve been at the support has tended to get stronger the longer I’ve been there,” he said.

“I know that when I first arrive I was a Yorkshire lad who wasn’t maybe as glamorous a name as players like David Silva, Sergio Aguero and those sort of guys and I completely understand that, but hopefully the supporters see that even if I have a bad game and the passes aren’t coming off or whatever, that I’ll still give everything for the team and I’m sure that’s all the fans want to see.

...James Milner...

“Their support is massively appreciated. Wherever we play they are behind us and they maybe don’t realise how much they can lift us, particularly at home when things aren’t going well and it’s down to us to get them going as well and give them something to sing about.”

just sign your new deal and cement your place amongst the city legends
we could do with another couple like uou
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:38 am

nice words

my take

= sing at fucking home and help actually give us a lift instead of sat on your arse waiting for 7 goals, and leaving at 70 minutes..........
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:59 am

And the awards given out by journalists are completely fucking meaningless.

The fact that he is in the middle of a contract "dispute" and is still the best player speaks volumes for his professionalism, something certain other members of the squad could learn a lot from. Captain material, IMHO.

Sign it James. You know it makes sense.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:16 am

Easy come easy go - will you let me go
James Milner! No - we will not let you go - let him go
James Milner! We will not let you go - let him go
James Milner! We will not let you go
Will not let you go - let me go-o-o-o-o
No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no-no-
Oh mama mia, mama mia, (mama mia let me go )
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Very nice words from Milner

...James Milner...

Nice words, but some subtle hints I think, that the players do feel the atmosphere generated in the stands.
This fits in very nicely with the points being made in the last few pages of the Kompany Past It? thread.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:44 pm

He's gone and has been for months.

All these words and hints and rumours about talks are bullshit, he is just giving us the reacharound until his contract runs out and he walks. He'll get the same or better money as he will come without a transfer fee and get that tacked on to his signing bonus and wages, now to just find a club that will start him every week and he's sorted.

If he believes he should be starting every week, if he believes he's as good as he thinks he is, then why doesn't he think he can find a buyer for him if he's under contract? Sounds like a pussy who doesn't want to find out the truth, that he is a middling player who peaked for Villa and has done fuck all since.

He picked up POTM for January? Big fucking deal, we've not got a win in 5 games. We haven't won a game since the 4th of January, Milner should get the monthly award, no doubt. But it should be renamed this month to the Etihad Least Crap Player.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Milner ran a lung-busting 13.56km at the Britannia Stadium which is a Premier League high for any player so far this season.

Now thats commitment. Come on Jimmy, put pen to paper.... PLEASE.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum