Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Cheeky bastard is having a free Holiday, if he leaves we should be looking at his share, say £525.00 in cash for his flight and hotel. Only fair the Yorkshire tight arse.

I can hear his response now: "'Ow much?"

I am sure the towels and Robes will be packed away the cheeky twat !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Fair enough. Id say hard to believe anyone at this point for the same reaons mentioned about negotiations and how the media is used by various parties and their interests.

Of course i'd really like him to stay, that all being said.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:Fair enough. Id say hard to believe anyone at this point for the same reaons mentioned about negotiations and how the media is used by various parties and their interests.

Of course i'd really like him to stay, that all being said.

I imagine we are trying to get him to stay on lower wages than many others & he thinks he's worth more.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:02 am

I noticed on Tranfermarkt that Milner's agent is down as Jason Ferguson, ie Alex Ferguson's son, (according to Transfermarkt Milner is Ferguson's only client).

if true that wont do anything to smooth our negotiations.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 am

Plain Speaking wrote:I noticed on Tranfermarkt that Milner's agent is down as Jason Ferguson, ie Alex Ferguson's son, (according to Transfermarkt Milner is Ferguson's only client).

Are you sure that's not just out of date? I thought Bacon Jnr's firm went under.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:27 am

How many City players have walked for nothing in recent times?

How many of them are English?

Just a thought.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 am

Slim wrote:How many City players have walked for nothing in recent times?

Just a thought.

at the end of the day, they are all in it for the money.... english or not
highlighted for me by the gomis free transfer to swansea which saw him pick up an £8m signing on fee - ridiculous for a bang average player....
based on that, how much would milner trouser for a move to arsenal/liverpool/spurs?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:52 am

Milner wanted more game time which is what pelle has give him, but still no signature, allegedly today mancini has offered milner 200k a week to play for inter because theres no transfer fee.
milner is a good solid player but im sure for the money being offered to him we can get reus or someone of the ilk??
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:13 am

dick dastardley wrote:Milner wanted more game time which is what pelle has give him, but still no signature, allegedly today mancini has offered milner 200k a week to play for inter because theres no transfer fee.
milner is a good solid player but im sure for the money being offered to him we can get reus or someone of the ilk??

So nearly 10 million a season ??...fuckign madness !!! but I said all along , its all about the money.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:20 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:How many City players have walked for nothing in recent times?

Just a thought.

at the end of the day, they are all in it for the money.... english or not
highlighted for me by the gomis free transfer to swansea which saw him pick up an £8m signing on fee - ridiculous for a bang average player....
based on that, how much would milner trouser for a move to arsenal/liverpool/spurs?!

Just think about it.
Savic, Nastasic, Boateng, Tevez, Negredo, Adebayor, Balotelli, Robinho, Given, Garrido, Garcia, de Jong, Maicon and Ireland all went for cash.
Kolo and RSC went for free.

Rodwell and Johnson went for cash.
Barry, Lescott, Onuoha, SWP, Bridge and Bellamy(if we include British players) all went for free.

I'm not saying they're not all in it for the money, but that ratio of British players to elsewhere is alarming and rides right in with Sterling wanting £100k+/week, Barkley's pricetag being £50M and everything else wrong with the English game that isn't a million miles away from explaining why the world's best league can't produce a national side that can make it further than the quarter finals.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:44 am

Barry was about 2.5 mil & SWP & Ned were 'undisclosed fees' (Ned rumoured to be 2.75 mil).

We may lose Sinclair for nothing, but that will be down to him being shite. He would stay for ever if we wanted him. Bellamy was purely down to Mancini wanting him out, he would have stayed. Lescott only went because Pellegrini didn't want him.

Micah is the only one so far who we wanted to keep & he was an academy product, so cost us little.

Milner would be the first home produced player we've signed for a decent fee in recent times, to turn down an offer & leave for nothing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Barry was about 2.5 mil & SWP & Ned were 'undisclosed fees' (Ned rumoured to be 2.75 mil).

We may lose Sinclair for nothing, but that will be down to him being shite. He would stay for ever if we wanted him. Bellamy was purely down to Mancini wanting him out, he would have stayed. Lescott only went because Pellegrini didn't want him.

Micah is the only one so far who we wanted to keep & he was an academy product, so cost us little.

Milner would be the first home produced player we've signed for a decent fee in recent times, to turn down an offer & leave for nothing.

Barry was out of contract, if we got anything for him it was a loan fee.

Are you sure we actually got something for SWP and Ned? I was under the impression we let them walk on their contracts just to get them off the wage bill.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Barry was about 2.5 mil & SWP & Ned were 'undisclosed fees' (Ned rumoured to be 2.75 mil).

Barry was out of contract, if we got anything for him it was a loan fee.

Are you sure we actually got something for SWP and Ned? I was under the impression we let them walk on their contracts just to get them off the wage bill.

Barry's fee was agreed with Everton as part of the loan deal, similar to Nastasic. Had he gone elsewhere, we would have received nothing, but as he signed for Everton we got the agreed fee.

SWP & Ned both reported as undisclosed fees in the media. No idea what the books say though tbh. But based on the way we are dealing with Sinclair now, I doubt we gave them away.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:59 am

I think Villa are offering 1.5 million for Sinclair and we are asking 4 million. I think he's on 50k a week and would need to accept a pay cut. If we don't get a better offer in the next week or so best get rid imo. I expect that's what will happen.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 am

blues2win wrote:I think Villa are offering 1.5 million for Sinclair and we are asking 4 million. I think he's on 50k a week and would need to accept a pay cut. If we don't get a better offer in the next week or so best get rid imo. I expect that's what will happen.

You would think so, but we don't seem to give in easily on that sort of thing. It may all depend on whether Harry stays in a job. If Sinclair's agent is a mate of his, he may come in with a £5 mil bid on the 31st.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am

I dare say we'll take it to the wire but surely we'll take whatever we can get on January 31. If that's Villa's 1.5 so be it. Maybe, as you say, 'Arry will lean out the car window on transfer day and tell Sky viewers that the Bank of Rosy has come up with a better offer.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Slim wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:I noticed on Tranfermarkt that Milner's agent is down as Jason Ferguson, ie Alex Ferguson's son, (according to Transfermarkt Milner is Ferguson's only client).

Are you sure that's not just out of date? I thought Bacon Jnr's firm went under.

I have found Transfermarkt to be very accurate and reliable.

Jason Ferguson's Elite Sports is a separate entity, the Daily Mail reported it had been disbanded:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... sador.html
Jason Ferguson seems to be negotiating and advising on his Dad's post retirement business affairs, (eg £2m/year to act as United Worldwide Ambassador, autobiographies etc.). It looks like Jason is also advising on Jimmy's contract situation.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Sue Perb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:05 pm

I've just read a re-tweet, from Kevin Horlock implying James Milner may walk this month!

Not clear about the veracity of this information, however, I'm a fan of Kevin Horlock: a true blue. I find this suggestion worrying, I wouldn't want to loose James.

I wonder what's holding up finalising his new contract; he's getting good quality game time now?

Bring on Chelski and lets get back to winning ways, that will convince him!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Sue Perb wrote:I've just read a re-tweet, from Kevin Horlock implying James Milner may walk this month!

Not clear about the veracity of this information, however, I'm a fan of Kevin Horlock: a true blue. I find this suggestion worrying, I wouldn't want to loose James.

I wonder what's holding up finalising his new contract; he's getting good quality game time now?

Bring on Chelski and lets get back to winning ways, that will convince him!

Jimmy can't just walk away. He's still under contract. He may leave in the summer for free, but to leave now he needs to be sold or leant out.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sue Perb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Hope you're right?
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum