Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:50 pm

So far Scouse2 ( please note the correct way to address them WW!) have surprised me, i genuinely had them down as relegation candidates.
One punt that the Stoke goalie could've got to and a weird ref against Bournemouth and they managed it . I still have them down to struggle.
Can't be arsed about Milner he chose mediocrity.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:59 pm

zuricity wrote:Can't be arsed about Milner he chose mediocrity.

This is the best one liner I have read. I have no issue with Milner, but IMO this is the truth!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

This is the best one liner I have read. I have no issue with Milner, but IMO this is the truth!

good news is he got some medals and now he gets to play some mediocre footy. Good for him.

He's a fucking very very decent carthorse. Good guy. Not missed one iota. Some folks on here were acting like the world would stop if we let him go.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:42 pm

So, Boring, Boring Milner has claimed that he is happy with his move and prefers not sitting on City's bench? I guess the new "Milly G." has forgotten that he had played more minutes last season, than the majority of the other City players!

Yes, City will miss Milner's versatility and the 8 goals + 7 assists that he contributed. KDB scored a total of 40 goals and assists, which explains why City would consider such an expensive fee. By the way, the latest reports are saying that City are close to signing KDB.

Unless you were named Milner, it was a very lucky goalscoring week, for most former City forward players! Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo, Rodwell, Sinclair and Tevez, all scored crucial goals for their new teams. I was particularly impressed by Negredo's CL goal and Sinclair's hat-trick! Milner came close to a goal, but nearly a goal never counts!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tters.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

I don't think we will miss Milner's versatility to be honest. Sterling is already an upgrade and KDB certainly will be when he arrives.

It's true he's chosen mediocrity over a place on our bench, but I wouldn't hold that against him.
I'd still rather remember his contributions to any success he was involved in with City.
He is only justifying the decision he made in his own mind as much as anything else.
I also agree that these interview questions are often loaded, to get as much controversy as they can.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Lets for fucks sake be generous to a guy who always did his best for us. You would have to be blind not to see he was the best player on the pitch v Arsenal on Monday and be silly not to see a better player than Ya Ya and Fernandinho last season. He was never gonna get a fair crack of the whip and so he put his development ahead of monetary gain. Can't see what's wrong with that.Players are not supporters. Any of ours would join the rags tomorrow in the right circumstances and its always been so. Dennis Law anyone?Now he'll be wearing a blue shirt, de Bruyne is gonna be a massive upgrade at £60 million and £230K a week on the basis of one seasons stats in the Bundes..... Would anyone be completely surprised if he turned out to be a bit of a chicken? But then, that cant happen cos we check everything about a player. Does he want to play for us wouldn't be a bad starting point. Not seen much evidence of it, myself but what do I know. Spect he'll be alright but I cant get enthusiastic, particularly after spending two months at it.lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:44 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Lets for fucks sake be generous to a guy who always did his best for us. You would have to be blind not to see he was the best player on the pitch v Arsenal on Monday and be silly not to see a better player than Ya Ya and Fernandinho last season. He was never gonna get a fair crack of the whip and so he put his development ahead of monetary gain. Can't see what's wrong with that.Players are not supporters. Any of ours would join the rags tomorrow in the right circumstances and its always been so. Dennis Law anyone?Now he'll be wearing a blue shirt, de Bruyne is gonna be a massive upgrade at £60 million and £230K a week on the basis of one seasons stats in the Bundes..... Would anyone be completely surprised if he turned out to be a bit of a chicken? But then, that cant happen cos we check everything about a player. Does he want to play for us wouldn't be a bad starting point. Not seen much evidence of it, myself but what do I know. Spect he'll be alright but I cant get enthusiastic, particularly after spending two months at it.lol

No the club have been blindly chasing him the whole summer without any indication from the bloke that he wants to join.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:28 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Lets for fucks sake be generous to a guy who always did his best for us. You would have to be blind not to see he was the best player on the pitch v Arsenal on Monday and be silly not to see a better player than Ya Ya and Fernandinho last season. He was never gonna get a fair crack of the whip and so he put his development ahead of monetary gain. Can't see what's wrong with that.Players are not supporters. Any of ours would join the rags tomorrow in the right circumstances and its always been so. Dennis Law anyone?Now he'll be wearing a blue shirt, de Bruyne is gonna be a massive upgrade at £60 million and £230K a week on the basis of one seasons stats in the Bundes..... Would anyone be completely surprised if he turned out to be a bit of a chicken? But then, that cant happen cos we check everything about a player. Does he want to play for us wouldn't be a bad starting point. Not seen much evidence of it, myself but what do I know. Spect he'll be alright but I cant get enthusiastic, particularly after spending two months at it.lol

Sorry are you talking about De Bruyne or Milner in the summer he signed?

Same difference.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby gaudy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:52 am

Did Milner write a letter/email after he left to thank the club and fans like dzeko did?
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:02 am

Do not give 2 fucks for Milner he now plays for a club that offers us Zero respect for a start.Under a cunt of a manager, playing for cuntish fans, his choice, fuck him. Go back to Leeds RESPECT ! Free transfer PISS TAKE !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 am

gaudy wrote:Did Milner write a letter/email after he left to thank the club and fans like dzeko did?

He's a Yorkshireman. Cut him some slack.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:22 am

gaudy wrote:Did Milner write a letter/email after he left to thank the club and fans like dzeko did?

No, he ran his contract down after being tapped-up by the dippers thereby costing the club millions.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:19 am

We paid him respectfully. He performed respectfully. A true gentlemans agreement. He did his bit, we did ours. Job done.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby littlebig » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:05 pm

My tuppence worth: I don't think it was a malicious comment, I think we was just calling it as it is.

He doesn't sound like he holds much love for City though so I won't hold any for him. Good luck to him, hope he's happy with that lot.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:19 pm

He saw out his contract and had every right to leave, but he held a gun to our head for over 12 months, wants to play more games, wants to start more games, wants to play in the centre of midfield. Seems he had zero intention of ever signing a new deal, which is fine. But shut the fuck up Jimmy and do your fucking job.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:56 am

has james performed for the dippers or has he just been running around 'grafting'? I don't watch dipper games, they are very boring.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wooders » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:26 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:has james performed for the dippers or has he just been running around 'grafting'? I don't watch dipper games, they are very boring.

The latter, same as he was for us.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

How's this for a one liner ?

On texting my brothers in the Stadium today as City broke a record for victories.

I sent them a text to say Chelsea were down 2-1 in extra time . One reply was ...

"Couldn't happen to a nicer twat ! "

I could only concur with this. What a one liner !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:54 pm

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

How's this for a one liner ?

On texting my brothers in the Stadium today as City broke a record for victories.

I sent them a text to say Chelsea were down 2-1 in extra time . One reply was ...

"Couldn't happen to a nicer twat ! "

I could only concur with this. What a one liner !

You should get out more.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:36 am

hahahahaha!!!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site