Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Bleed_Blue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Sunday Mirror saying that Milner wants a 4 year deal while City offering three.

James Milner demanding new four-year Manchester City deal as Premier League rivals monitor stand-off

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ar-5164129

Well his demands are not exorbitant and good thing is it seems like he wants to stay.

He's already stated that he wants to stay. Just a few people decided he wasn't telling the truth.

But this is no small problem, if the club has an age policy re contracts. Which may be the case.

That would mean he's gone. Unless he backs down.

Age policy. ?

Seriously,think before you post.

How old is DeMich and more importantly , what had he contributed to our success before he signed for City last season ?

Seriously, think before you post

An age policy that we have benefitted from recently is that at Chelsea where they refuse to give players over a certain age, a certain length of contract. I assume this is what Ted is talking about, not an outright refusal to have players in the squad over a certain age.

In this case, if they are offering 3 years, Ted is suggesting that there may be some kind of policy which means that we won't offer 4 years to a 29 year old player.

However Silva signed a 5 year deal age 28, which would take him to the same age as Milner (33) on a 4 year contract, and Toure signed one age 30 taking him to 34 so I would suggest such a policy doesn't exist, and if city are trying to play the age card, Jimmy is probably digging his heels in citing the Silva deal and that he is fitter than the pair of them.

I couldn't care less what Chelski implement. Not my team . How have we benefitted from Chelski's policy, if they have one?;Signing Frank on a freebie ? Very forward holistic thinking indeed.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:17 am

Moreover, if anyone is still gonna be covering the miles age 33 it Jimmy. Its about time we made a sensible decision after the nonsense recruitment of the last two years
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Give him a four year deal with what he wants with the proviso the last year may be at a subsiduary club. We can then recoup the majority of the wages from them anyway for accounting purposes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:Give him a four year deal with what he wants with the proviso the last year may be at a subsiduary club. We can then recoup the majority of the wages from them anyway for accounting purposes

He will still be going strong at 32/33, I doubt he'd agree to that. Push comes to shove we loan him out to another premier league team, the outcome is the same and there would be plenty of takers
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I doubt we are handing out long term contracts to players older than 28 in general, unless they are very valuable in the transfer market or superstars.

If they hand a contract to Silva or Aguero etc & Joe Bloggs thinks he deserves something similar, they will just say 'it's David Silva ffs'.

If they give Milner 4 years, at 29, every fullback or def mid thinks they are entitled to one if they have a good season.

That's probably the decision they have to make & the reasoning behind it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bayblue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Strikes me that he's the sort of player and character that will be going strong into his mid thirties. Can't help thinking he will be off though.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:30 pm

bayblue wrote:Strikes me that he's the sort of player and character that will be going strong into his mid thirties. Can't help thinking he will be off though.

He looks like a player who could live beyond the stereotypes just because of his regime. 4 years, no problem.

If he doesn't sign then it's deemed that Txiki feels he's surplus. Let's just hope we're saving it for Messi!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Ted, you are missing the point here. It is us that is in a weak bargaining position, which is why his agent is pushing. Will be such a shit piece of business to let him go to the dippers for nowt when were lugging baggage like the two F's and Navas about. It doesn't make us more or less likely to give others a contract, its purely an individual business decision.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:47 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Ted, you are missing the point here. It is us that is in a weak bargaining position, which is why his agent is pushing. Will be such a shit piece of business to let him go to the dippers for nowt when were lugging baggage like the two F's and Navas about. It doesn't make us more or less likely to give others a contract, its purely an individual business decision.

Milner has had a very good middle part of the season this time around. But he wasn't a bigger influence on us winning the title last season, than Fernandinho or Navas, & his contribution this season overall, is not dissimilar to Navas. He was also a useful but not central figure in Mancini's title winning season.

City have to make a decision whether to pay either more or hand a longer contract to Milner, than they want to, or maybe both. It's not upto me & I don't knnow what they have in mind for the club financially, so i don't know if they're right or not in the grand scheme of things.

I just think he's had a very good mid season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Give him a four year deal with what he wants with the proviso the last year may be at a subsiduary club. We can then recoup the majority of the wages from them anyway for accounting purposes

He will still be going strong at 32/33, I doubt he'd agree to that. Push comes to shove we loan him out to another premier league team, the outcome is the same and there would be plenty of takers

Either way, pay him and sign him. An English replacement would be (?) and cost (?). Him going to the dippers cannot be allowed to happen
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Either way, pay him and sign him. An English replacement would be (?) and cost (?). Him going to the dippers cannot be allowed to happen

Couldn't agree more.

When you think of the inevitable cost of replacing him at £15m (and the rest), resigning him is effectively a free transfer and wages become largely irrelevant.

To be fair players in and around the first team know this, and are negotiating against city wanting to avoid having to pay the £15m+ to replace him in the short term.

Even if city give him a 4 year deal, then sell him for say £7m in 2 years time, that then stands us at £22m better off than letting him go and signing a £15m replacement.

Aside from his quality, it's financial madness not to agree a deal with him, give him whatever he's asking!!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:12 pm

"Saturday's clash between Manchester City and Newcastle affords James Milner a chance to reflect on his involvement this season as his contract edges towards its expiry.

In the corresponding fixture on the opening weekend of the campaign, Milner played only 12 minutes, before sitting on the bench throughout the next two matches. Negotiations over a new deal appeared to stall as a consequence, with Milner seeking assurances over his amount of playing time as he waits to commit his future to the champions.

"I love it here and would love to stay at Manchester City but first and foremost I am a footballer and want to play football," said Milner in September. "Hopefully I can play enough games and will be here for the long term. I understand I won't play in every game, I just want a fair crack of the whip, a few more games than I got last year."

Milner's demands are supported by the statistics, which suggest he has deserved more than his 13 starts in 25 Premier League matches. His last appearance is a case in point. As well as scoring and claiming an assist for Sergio Aguero in City's 4-1 win at Stoke, the England international broke the record for longest distance run in a single top-flight game this season - racking up an exhausting 13.56km.

Milner played as a No 10 on that evening at the Britannia Stadium, demonstrating the versatility that has proven extremely useful to Manuel Pellegrini. After he deputised as a false nine during City's Christmas striker shortage, Pellegrini said of Milner's contribution: "James is a very important player for our team. Knowing the way he thinks we will see the same Milner with a contract or without a contract. He is a great professional."

Praising Milner's professionalism perhaps undersells his qualities. His diligence is underlined by the fact that only two City players - Pablo Zabaleta and Fernandinho - have averaged more tackles per 90 minutes, but there is also a creative side to his game that often goes unnoticed.

In 22 Premier League appearances, Milner has set up 41 chances for team-mates - 36 from open play - which puts him fourth in the list of City's creators, recording more than twice as many key passes as the next player, Sergio Aguero (20).

If we apply a fairer rule of measurement - chances created per 90 minutes - Milner's impact is even more impressive. Only Samir Nasri has supplied more opportunities for teammates on average - 3.2 per 90 minutes compared to 3.0 - while Milner leads City's top-flight assists total (six) alongside Jesus Navas.

It appears that the difference in City's win percentage with (57 per cent) and without Milner (47 per cent) is no coincidence. This is a player whose combative presence and industry adds steel to the champions' spine, while he is also creating more chances on average than David Silva. It is an all-round contribution that few Premier League players can rival.

This explains Pellegrini's desperation to keep one of the most reliable members of his squad. But, after turning 29 in January, Milner is understandably assessing his options. If he can maintain his current form and help City continue to apply pressure on Chelsea in the title race, then he may end up getting the best of both worlds.

Impressive stats
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:financial madness = give him whatever he's asking!!

Just thought I would point out something in your last sentence.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:21 pm

If we let him wind his contract down we want our heads seeing to.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:If we let him wind his contract down we want our heads seeing to.

am I missing something here?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:If we let him wind his contract down we want our heads seeing to.

A capital letter at the start of a sentence.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:34 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

A capital letter at the start of a sentence.

tTTF CHEERS
Wonderwall

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Knee injury, so hes probably out for a few games.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Knee injury, so hes probably out for a few games.

Just on SSN ....... Milner out with knee ligament injury .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:55 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Knee injury, so hes probably out for a few games.

Just on SSN ....... Milner out with knee ligamentinjury .

that sounds serious!
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum