Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Knee injury, so hes probably out for a few games.

Just on SSN ....... Milner out with knee ligamentinjury .

that sounds serious!

Hmmm,

When i looked on Physio room this morning there was no mention of it, we were completely clear of any injuries so surprised to see that on here earlier.

It is now saying 4th March return "knee injury", so doesn't sound that bad. It also stated Sergio has a back injury, but says back tomorrow!

Anyone know where Physio room get their info from?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:

that sounds serious!

Hmmm,

When i looked on Physio room this morning there was no mention of it, we were completely clear of any injuries so surprised to see that on here earlier.

It is now saying 4th March return "knee injury", so doesn't sound that bad. It also stated Sergio has a back injury, but says back tomorrow!

Nope. But I noticed they havent been as quick to report about new injuries since Doug was prevented from watching training. Coincidence??
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:

that sounds serious!

Pellets says not serious but out for tomorrow.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:

that sounds serious!

Hmmm,

What makes you think Physio room know anything different to anyone else? The answer is sites like that know when we do.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby AntMcfc » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 am

At first I was disappointed, but in reality it only forces Pellegrini to play Silva wide and Bony from the start. Good times. Harsh for Jimmy because he's been one of our best this season, but that's life.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:30 am

twosips wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:

that sounds serious!

Hmmm,

What makes you think Physio room know anything different to anyone else? The answer is sites like that know when we do.

I don't, hence why I asked if anyone knew where they got their info.........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:45 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
I don't, hence why I asked if anyone knew where they got their info.........

They just use press reports, for example Milner didn't appear on there until Pellegrini said yesterday that he was injured.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:44 pm

Pellegrini says Milner trained today and could be fit for Tuesday.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:49 am

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini says Milner trained today and could be fit for Tuesday.

Here's hoping, we badly missed him against them at home last season. Have you got a quote from Pellegrini saying this mate? Can't find anything.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:58 am

Saw a journo twitter from the post match press conference
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:14 am

Another City midfielder is keen to play in what he believes to be his strongest position this weekend, according to the Mirror.

They report: “James Milner wants to play in his favourite central midfield role against suitors Liverpool on Sunday.

“Milner is refusing to commit his future to Manchester City by agreeing a new £100,000-a-week deal because he wants to play more games in his preferred position.

“Liverpool are tracking the England international, who will be a free agent in the summer, and can offer him the central role he craves when Steven Gerrard leaves.

“This is what matters most to Milner and although only Jesus Navas can top his 34 appearances for City this season, most have been out wide or up front.

“Milner, 29, started in the middle against Barcelona because Yaya Toure was suspended, but was then shunted out to the right before finishing the game at left-back.

“He wants a regular midfield role and stated this when asked what is his favourite position: ‘Attacking central midfielder because I think with my engine, I can

‘I think when you play wide sometimes, you have to be disciplined and wait for the ball to come to you and hold your shape for the team, whereas in the middle, if things aren't going the way of the team, you can get involved and take the game by the scruff of the neck.’”

Another round of "reach-around" from Milner.
I want more games....second only to Navas in appearances this season.
I want another year....oh, you're offering that?
Now I want a central role....

What he wants, what I've always said he wants, is to keep playing while he shops himself around. He isn't fucking signing and he's taking the fucking piss right now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 am

Spot on Slim.

Hes been offered the money, hes played in the games, hes playing CL football at the top level and there is nothing more to discuss here. Any suggestion Milner is still mulling it over is to insult the City fans intelligence.

He decided he was offski some while ago and there's zilch we can do to change that. I don't begrudge him his right to leave - hes earned it by seeing out his contract, but can we please stop these types of bollox coming out as its becoming laughable. If we played him in central midfield on sunday, there'd be an article next week stating he'll stay if he gets a say on new signings ffs.

BTW, Id play him on sunday, but not in central midfield.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 am

He wasn't able to 'get up & down the pitch' effectively v Barca imo & in hidsight we would have been better with someone who didn't think they could & just held the centre.

He has looked short of energy when he's tried to do the centre mid role to me. As if he starts the game thinking he's Colin Bell then halfway through, his legs have gone & he needs a breather. He can get that out wide, but in centre mid he has to be moving all the time.

Probably get used to the pace if he played there all the time, but he wasn't very effective v Barca. Different team with Fernandinho in there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote: Different team with Fernandinho in there.

Lets hopes so Ted. Ya Ya and Fern together please.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:15 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: Different team with Fernandinho in there.

Lets hopes so Ted. Ya Ya and Fern together please.

I'd be happy to see all 3 in there but it's never really been a system favoured by any of our managers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:He wasn't able to 'get up & down the pitch' effectively v Barca imo & in hidsight we would have been better with someone who didn't think they could & just held the centre.

He has looked short of energy when he's tried to do the centre mid role to me. As if he starts the game thinking he's Colin Bell then halfway through, his legs have gone & he needs a breather. He can get that out wide, but in centre mid he has to be moving all the time.

Probably get used to the pace if he played there all the time, but he wasn't very effective v Barca. Different team with Fernandinho in there.

Like Alonso does and Busquetes do a load of running !, The ball never gets tired Ted, it is a fact that if you can control the ball you do less running. Messi came to life in Bursts, The top players do it in between rests, We lack poise park along with a back 4 and a keeper that a average on the ball at best, so the pressure mounts the running increases, We have a panic issue in the big games,I hope to fuck it does not show itself again this Sunday or it is a car crash season. Solid start cashi in if and when you can, 1st rule is be tight and let the ability take over, which is what Barca did in the we trust our game do you game the other night. We got into it via chaos closing down, is that what we pay 5/6 mil a year for, where was the 180 min plan, in the fucking bin after 45 mins.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He wasn't able to 'get up & down the pitch' effectively v Barca imo & in hidsight we would have been better with someone who didn't think they could & just held the centre.

Like Alonso does and Busquetes do a load of running !, The ball never gets tired Ted, it is a fact that if you can control the ball you do less running. Messi came to life in Bursts, The top players do it in between rests, We lack poise park along with a back 4 and a keeper that a average on the ball at best, so the pressure mounts the running increases, We have a panic issue in the big games,I hope to fuck it does not show itself again this Sunday or it is a car crash season. Solid start cashi in if and when you can, 1st rule is be tight and let the ability take over, which is what Barca did in the we trust our game do you game the other night. We got into it via chaos closing down, is that what we pay 5/6 mil a year for, where was the 180 min plan, in the fucking bin after 45 mins.

Barca do lots of running. Hard running, when they lose the ball. We don't. We are supposed to. Milner did a lot of pointless running & had nothing left when needed. Once he got back to his usual job, he did it right, wheras Nasri wasn't doing. Fernandinho did Milner's role better & we played better.

If Clichy hadn't fucked up, we may have drawn or won that game. But someone fucks up badly in almost every big European game we play, going all the way back to Richrd Dunne.

If we could get 11 players to actually carry out a manager's instructions without doing something fucking stupid, we would knock one of these teams out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Barca do lots of running. Hard running, when they lose the ball. We don't. We are supposed to. Milner did a lot of pointless running & had nothing left when needed. Once he got back to his usual job, he did it right, wheras Nasri wasn't doing. Fernandinho did Milner's role better & we played better.

If Clichy hadn't fucked up, we may have drawn or won that game. But someone fucks up badly in almost every big European game we play, going all the way back to Richrd Dunne.

If we could get 11 players to actually carry out a manager's instructions without doing something fucking stupid, we would knock one of these teams out.

Don't see anything wrong in anything you've said there. What I would add to the last line though is, it works both ways. If we could get the manager to pick the correct people in the positions to carry out his instructions, at the start of the game, rather than halfway through.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Bleed_Blue » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:50 pm

His hasnt played central midfield in a long time, that was showing and Barca are not the easiest to play against
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:His hasnt played central midfield in a long time, that was showing and Barca are not the easiest to play against

He played there not so long ago & was cack.

But I'm sure he would be a lot better if he played there every week.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum