Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Milner

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Crossie wrote:Did James not see what happened to Adam Johnson?

Would you rather play 25 games a season for relegation contenders, or 20 games a season for The Champions and also pick up 5-6 Champions League games, cup runs, regular silverware and play along side the best players in the world, usually holding your own?

Fuck him if he decides to leave, he's clearly deluded if that happens.

I agree 100%

And, when he does go, he will be playing alongside a load of old dross, getting continually frustrated by the crap they churn out.

It'll be the same old Jimmy but I bet he'd look forward to going to work everyday if it was David Silva, and slightly less so if it was Fabio Silva.

Or have I just made the same point as Crossie? Fuck it.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Milner has done a great job this season & will most likely produce some key moments during the rest of the season, including a couple of possibly title winning ones if we do eventually win it.

Dropping him in a fit of pique, because he won't sign a new deal, would be just as stupid as it would have been if we had done the same with Yaya Toure.

If he leaves at the end of the season, he goes as a hero for me who has given everything in a City shirt.

Were any of those key moments produced when he was playign upfront..what was it..glaring miss after glaring miss??? You talk some shite Ted....."He will leave as a fuckign hero".....Christ on a bike...what a load of tosh ffs!!...its delusional to think he has been anything other than a decent player....nothing more than that and if he goes then theres better talent in the youth ranks to take over his bit part.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Crossie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Scatman wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Crossie wrote:Did James not see what happened to Adam Johnson?

Would you rather play 25 games a season for relegation contenders, or 20 games a season for The Champions and also pick up 5-6 Champions League games, cup runs, regular silverware and play along side the best players in the world, usually holding your own?

Fuck him if he decides to leave, he's clearly deluded if that happens.

I agree 100%

And, when he does go, he will be playing alongside a load of old dross, getting continually frustrated by the crap they churn out.

It'll be the same old Jimmy but I bet he'd look forward to going to work everyday if it was David Silva, and slightly less so if it was Fabio Silva.

Or have I just made the same point as Crossie? Fuck it.

Feel free mate, it was a very good point.

Unless he goes to Chelsea, or maybe Arsenal, he wont be winning any silverware.

He cant really move to a better club.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Lamps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:29 pm

I have always liked Milner and thought he was one of those cogs in a team that often get overlooked.
Lamps
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Chelsea
My favourite player is: Frank Lampard

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Lamps wrote:I have always liked Milner and thought he was one of those cogs in a team that often get overlooked.

His product is very inconsistent. Some games you wonder how he isn't starting every week, and then he'll play a game and wonder how he can be complaining about not playing enough.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Swap him for Pogba and throw in Jovetic...
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Swap him for Pogba and throw in Jovetic...

Throw in Aleks too. Fuck Mase.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Lamps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Slim wrote:
Lamps wrote:I have always liked Milner and thought he was one of those cogs in a team that often get overlooked.

His product is very inconsistent. Some games you wonder how he isn't starting every week, and then he'll play a game and wonder how he can be complaining about not playing enough.
l

that is fair enough and I obviously do not see him as much as you. I have just seen him as a decent reliable player for both club and country.
Lamps
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Chelsea
My favourite player is: Frank Lampard

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm not so sure he would be guaranteed a permanent start at either Scouse or Arse. Just a thought.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Despite there being a lack of news regarding him signing a new contract there is an equal lack of rumours about him talking to other clubs and/or signing a pre-contract with them - which I take to be a good sign. Maybe it's a negotiating tactic.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Pogba isn't fit to lace Kola's boots!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Listen Milner has been ok, done well this season, Hero my arse. Cosy club, with Pellers a top guy, and the players feeling the love, that might just be the root of our problems at times. I might have it wrong the manager could be chucking boots and cup all over the shop. I doubt it though, football is shite for tossing off a cup r two and allowing assets to walk for free. Lack of honesty pisses me off and why Milner is jogging along happy as Larry. Nobody coming clean like the two cups tossed off, stick the membership btw, I have seen right through that bollocks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Can we throw Fernando and Caballero in to? If we add another £5m Juventus may take them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:23 pm

If some of you lot were around when Mercer's side won the league, half of them would he remembered as shite being shite.

Most City fans appreciate Milner & what he's done for the club. Even if some of you cybercunts don't.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

I find it hard to comprehend that people can't appreciate what he's given to this club. He's limited, definitely, i'm sure we'd all agree he's no Aguero or Silva but fuck me he definitely definitely has given up some great performances and there has been many, many occasions where his introduction has been the catalyst for a comeback and a change in fortunes. He's filled in roles everywhere for us and hardly ever played in his preferred position since he's been here yet he's never moaned.

What about his performance during the 6-1? That was brilliant. His performances against Bayern have always been great too. He's a great part of our squad and he deserves to be remembered that way if he leaves. You can't have a squad full of stars - you need workers too.

Same reason United fans grew to love Park cos he properly put in a shift for them in the big games.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If some of you lot were around when Mercer's side won the league, half of them would he remembered as shite being shite.

Most City fans appreciate Milner & what he's done for the club. Even if some of you cybercunts don't.

I appreciate him and most City fans do , but Ill be fucked if im going to keep shtum when some of you put him into the same category of legendary players that have played for City in the past!!!!..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and all because the cunt puts in a shift !!!!

What a crock of shite.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If some of you lot were around when Mercer's side won the league, half of them would he remembered as shite being shite.

I appreciate him and most City fans do , but Ill be fucked if im going to keep shtum when some of you put him into the same category of legendary players that have played for City in the past!!!!..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and all because the cunt puts in a shift !!!!

What a crock of shite.

James doesn't come anywhere near that status as he was a minor player. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to go anywhere but he isn't a must, more a bonus.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What a crock of shite.

All the players who have made big contributions to City winning stuff in recent years, are heroes. That includes Lescott, Milner, Barry, Micah Richards & other underrated players.

They have all played a big part in turning the club around.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:29 pm

sure ted, but he seems to not really be showing the club the love...which the supporters want.

i also appreciate james' contributions, and how he has helped the club's development, but you do wonder if he's set to move on.

puts some pressure on us to bring another english player, but what about "the kids" next year? isn't that what is constantly called for?

if he's gone those chances should increase, no?

maybe...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:35 pm

We haven't got a Milner type player. Loads of good ones, probably most of them much more talented than him tbh, but none similar that I can think of.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum