EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:42 pm

Under 21s 3-0 up at Blackburn and will clinch the title

Another 2 goals for Borges. 21 goals and 10 assists. Love to see him get on the bench for the first team, he's clearly a talent
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:Under 21s 3-0 up at Blackburn and will clinch the title

Another 2 goals for Borges. 21 goals and 10 assists. Love to see him get on the bench for the first team, he's clearly a talent

PL2 champs 3 on the bounce, the future is bright, the future is blue
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:47 pm

Best Academy bar none
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:59 am

Must be getting something right. Not just winning the leagues 3 in a row for both the under 18's and EDS but also some cups.The under 16's beat Liverpool last Tuesday in a cup.
Add to that all the players out on loan like McAtee , Doyle at Sheffield. Doyle at Coventry , Harwood Bellis at Burnley, Fiorini with Rogers at Blackpool and more that I can't think of. Of course they might not all or any of them make it at City but they would make money for the club and I am sure easily cover the costs of the academy.

I went yesterday to watch the EDS lift the prem league 2 trophy afater beating Wolves 4.3. Funny game too. WE were missing 3 key regulars to start the game in Borges , Mebude and Breckin. The replacements were Hamilton , Adam and Knight and after 41 minutes we were 4 up and the "new" guys had scored all the 4 goals.

The other crazy part was we let Wolves get 3 back as they had a massive height advantage and when they lumped the ball into the box we were in trouble so they scored all 3 in that way. A 4.3 win and we did miss a penalty.

Under 18's lost their game on Saturday away at Derby but their big one is coming soon when they take on the winners of the southern division, West Ham to decide the national champions
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 06, 2023 1:42 pm

https://twitter.com/jeorgebird/status/1 ... 15171?s=20

The under 21s currently winning 3-0 at Arsenal

The Arsenal boys gave ours a guard of honour as they came out
nottsblue

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 10, 2023 8:21 pm

The U-18s are 2-1 up in extra time v West Ham in the National final. Go on, lads.

Two good sides and an entertaining game.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 10, 2023 8:39 pm

Champions x 3!!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Champions x 3!!!

Brilliant! Congrats to the Blue's young guns! The future is most definitely BLUE!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby belleebee » Wed May 10, 2023 8:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Champions x 3!!!

Never been done before (3 consecutive wins) I believe! Just need the men’s team to do it and we’ll have a remarkable triple treble.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 10, 2023 10:50 pm

was a good tough game.WHU I thought edged the first half scored an excellent goal. Their keeper made a couple of top saves but overall i didnt think we were playing that well.

2nd half was fairly even till we made 2 subs and changed the odd position. Jadon Heskey went off, he had been pretty poor anyway. Jacob Wright, right back , went off for Ashton Muir. Heskey going off was essential as it allowed Dickson to play number 9 which is his more natural position and where he has played plenty of games for the EDS.

Equally important was Galvez moving back to left back from left wing. He's a natural left back and attacks better from there anyway. Muir is much more a natural left wing type player. But with Galvez going to left back it released Kane taylor into midfield where he looked great.

From that moment we were the better team. Really threatening and it seemed WHU were tiring as well. The equaliser was a shocking keeper error but they all count. WE pressed hard to get a head and did it but WHU still gave us some scary moments so well done to the keeper and the last ditch blocks that kept us ahead.

For anyone who saw the game what did you think of our number 6 Isaiah Dada-Mascall. Had a super game built and although he's a bit of a beast (someone said he looks about 23) he's only 16!!!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 11, 2023 6:42 am

:D Top analysis Doug, if Isaiah keeps growing he'll make the Guiness Book of World Records - astonishing size for a 16 yr old, skilful too
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:was a good tough game.WHU I thought edged the first half scored an excellent goal. Their keeper made a couple of top saves but overall i didnt think we were playing that well.

2nd half was fairly even till we made 2 subs and changed the odd position. Jadon Heskey went off, he had been pretty poor anyway. Jacob Wright, right back , went off for Ashton Muir. Heskey going off was essential as it allowed Dickson to play number 9 which is his more natural position and where he has played plenty of games for the EDS.

Equally important was Galvez moving back to left back from left wing. He's a natural left back and attacks better from there anyway. Muir is much more a natural left wing type player. But with Galvez going to left back it released Kane taylor into midfield where he looked great.

From that moment we were the better team. Really threatening and it seemed WHU were tiring as well. The equaliser was a shocking keeper error but they all count. WE pressed hard to get a head and did it but WHU still gave us some scary moments so well done to the keeper and the last ditch blocks that kept us ahead.

For anyone who saw the game what did you think of our number 6 Isaiah Dada-Mascall. Had a super game built and although he's a bit of a beast (someone said he looks about 23) he's only 16!!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Dada Mascoll on for England U17 in quarter final v France, interesting that all our outfield players are black, as are all the frogs. Anyway losing to 0-1 an 89 min penalty.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:10 pm

blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Good summary from the other place - our former academy players in Europe's top 5 leagues + the Championship

Premier League (20): Murić, Trafford, Hennessey, Karius, Egan-Riley, Lewis*, Trippier, Mee, O Rekik, T Adarabioyo, Hodge, Griffiths, Hesketh, McAtee*, Foden*, Palmer*, Sancho, Olise, Brooks, Barrington

La Liga (8): Maffeo, Diounkou, E García, A García, Súarez, Brahim, J Pozo, Touazi
Serie A (4): Rabiot, I Ilić, Braaf, Correia

Bundesliga (4): Frimpong, F Nmecha, L Nmecha, Bynoe-Gittens

Ligue 1 (3): Schmeichel, Haug, Wilson-Esbrand*

Championship (33): Gunn, Bazunu, Slicker, Hilton, P Charles, T Smith, Humphreys, Latibeaudiere, C Doyle*, Cunningham, Larios, Leigh, L Smith, Lavia, S Charles, G Evans, T Dele-Bashiru, Gyabi, Gartside-Kelly, Helliwell, Richards, Rogers, Poveda, Edozie, Campbell, C Evans, Dolan, L Thomas, Wright-Phillips, Simms, Maja, Iheanacho, Delap*

Still at club* (7)

39 players across Europe's top 5 leagues and 33 more players in the Championship. Really shows the incredible work the academy does. Likely this list will be added to with Harwood-Bellis, Mbete, T Doyle and possibly Fiorini before the end of the window. Some players like Lavia and Iheanacho will likely move to the PL.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:20 am

blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/ManCityAcademy/status/1690363199973904384?s=20

Academy hammered 5-0 by Spurs.

It's going to be one hell of a tough season as so many of last years key players have moved on.
Charles , Bobb, Mebude, Robertson , Breckin , Borges, Slicker , Burns the ones i can think of so its a very very young squad
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/ManCityAcademy/status/1690363199973904384?s=20

Academy hammered 5-0 by Spurs.

It's going to be one hell of a tough season as so many of last years key players have moved on.
Charles , Bobb, Mebude, Robertson , Breckin , Borges, Slicker , Burns the ones i can think of so its a very very young squad

team v Spurs - our average age 18, theirs 20
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:54 pm

Fun EDS game tonight against Villa. We had a real chance in the first minute but a few minutes later we were 2 down!!

Crazy game and we were 4.3 down at half time . We could have had 5 with some good attacking play but they could have had 7! I dont think I have seen a City team so open and defending so poorly before.

Much of it was down to losing the ball and beeing wide open to Villa's transition. They broke well no doubt but the defenders, what few there were, were hopelessly positioned. For 2 of the goals they had some good fortune and saves and goalline clearances went straight to one of their players but wow were we wide open.

Their 4th goal was a pass/cross to a player totally unmarked about 8 yards out. City had defenders in the box but just left him alone.

On the positive side we scored some good goals and got better as a team in the second half. Murphy must have had words to tighten up and show a little more how to deal with when we lost the ball. Villa still had a few breaks but it wasnt so bad.

Overall we had plenty of the ball and second half we were the better team and nearly won. Good goal to equalise and then at all square a shot hit one post and then acroos the line to hit the other.

So much to do given a bad start ,1 point from 3 games ,but they are a very young side and will be learning fast. Plus to or 3 of the "better" players not yet available.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:49 am

Who are the ones we expect to come in Doug?
This is an unexpectedly poor start, thought we would manage the age balance of the cohort better . Just too many inexperienced players.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:23 am

Doesn’t sound like we will win the league there this year
nottsblue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Who are the ones we expect to come in Doug?
This is an unexpectedly poor start, thought we would manage the age balance of the cohort better . Just too many inexperienced players.

Ndala and O'Reilly are 2 and another I can't remember his name. I wondered if Harwood Bellis , Doyle or MCatee might get a game but I expect at least two of them will go before the transfer dealine. Good to see the 18's win 6 nil today though and that team will be a young side as well.

Obviously a poor start but losing Mebude , Bobb, Borges ,Charles , Breckin, Robertson , Burn, Slicker is a lot to handle.
We'll just have to see how the manager can turn it around as he's very positive about it still.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum