EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 pm

ManciniLegend wrote:Anyone know what the script is for future EDS games? I've attended all EDS home games this season so was alarmed to discover that because I didn't have a ticket fo the Arsenal game I could not gain access for the Schalke game. I truly hope this isn't a regular occurrence if it means I can't get to see a team I support every match.

Any clarification from someone in the know would be welcomed adn appreciate.

Many thanks

I was potentially in the same boat but got sorted by family sc holders and I hope they don't do the same again. If they do and you are struggling to get a ticket let me know as I am sure we can sort something.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ManciniLegend wrote:Anyone know what the script is for future EDS games? I've attended all EDS home games this season so was alarmed to discover that because I didn't have a ticket fo the Arsenal game I could not gain access for the Schalke game. I truly hope this isn't a regular occurrence if it means I can't get to see a team I support every match.

Any clarification from someone in the know would be welcomed adn appreciate.

Many thanks

I was potentially in the same boat but got sorted by family sc holders and I hope they don't do the same again. If they do and you are struggling to get a ticket let me know as I am sure we can sort something.

Same here too, I will rarely go to the EDS games but would be willing to claim my ticket and offer it out to those that find it difficult to get one.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ManciniLegend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Many thanks both. Very kind and most appreciated
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby twosips » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:43 pm

I'll be in the same boat as well but i'm hoping to rely on the generosity of people to get in! Worked a charm this weekend cos of Sister of Fu off here being the legend that she is and sorting me a pair.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby ManciniLegend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Surely, though, Sunday will be a one off?
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:04 pm

ManciniLegend wrote:Surely, though, Sunday will be a one off?

I think we'll see more of these double headers in the future. How they decide to sell/distribute tickets might still be open tho
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby ManciniLegend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I very much hope so. They have to understand that some people watch the academy sides more than they do the 1st team. An eds season ticket might be the answer.
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:53 pm

ManciniLegend wrote:I very much hope so. They have to understand that some people watch the academy sides more than they do the 1st team. An eds season ticket might be the answer.

Like they have for the women's team but somehow I doubt they will do it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Does anyone know what the criteria is for getting tickets for the academy game before the Boro game this weekend?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 pm

twosips wrote:Does anyone know what the criteria is for getting tickets for the academy game before the Boro game this weekend?

Not heard anything but I am expecting to turn up on the day and get one.Will check tomorrow to be sure
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:58 am

Faour responds to me asking whether he has 'got it' & saying I want to see something more from him, by scoring a first half hat trick 'behind closed doors' so I don't get to see more from him.

3-1 up vs Liverpool half time. Two assists for the very prominsing Nemane.

Pictuires on twatter show them warming up on a different pitch outside the stadium, so that is perhaps why we are not allowed to go.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:20 pm

You make that sound like you knocked on for him this morning and had a word, Ted. Ha.

Pretty gutted we couldn't be at this. I'm sat on my arse doing fuck all and could be at this game instead. Hope this isn't a regular occurrence.

Oh and I really like Nemane. Could be a 'good' Aaron Lennon.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 pm

I like that description. I can actually visualize the player now. A 'good' Aaron Lennon.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby twosips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:39 pm

He's exactly that from what i've seen. Small, stocky, incredibly fast, can beat his man pretty easily - but he seems to have an end product and importantly can cut inside too and do something. Oh and importantly he's learning to play 'football' and not the English kick and rush style nonsense.
Last edited by twosips on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:41 pm

twosips wrote:He's exactly that from what i've seen. Small, stocky, incredibly fast, can beat his man pretty easily - but he seems to have an end product and importantly can cut inside too and do something.

The future is bright.
Bright Blue.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:51 pm

When I first saw him play on tv in the Singapore tournament, he played 3 positions; wide, striker & attacking mid, & was excellent in all 3 in spite of being younger than many of the others.

He is SWP sized but better built & seems as if he will be very strong when he gets older. If he doesn't lose that pace when he gains more mass, I think he could really be a player. He has pulled one or two tricks out of the bag when cornered, which hint at some exciting potential.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:00 pm

It was a bit like old times today as I went to the academy game on the off chance I might see something and got a half decent view from behind the fencing. As it was a very late decision I missed the first 25 minutes and City were 3 up when I arrived!! hence I can't say anything about how good the goals were, assists or finishes.

I did expect them to be on the "stadium" pitch but as mentioned earlier they played on the first pitch on the left as you go in so it was reasonably visible from just outside. Somebody did say "you can't stand there" but I don't think they had worked out what they would do if you ignored them.

Strange game too as from when I got there City didn't look that great and Faour hardly had a kick before being substituted early in the 2nd half. Towards half time Liverpool were definitely getting much more of the ball but it did seem their main threat was when City cocked up with overplaying.So it proved when some slack defending/passing gave away the ball and they just played straight through the middle to score on the stroke of half time.

The second half was sort of similar although City did create plenty of really good situations but could quite score the clinching goal. Dilrosun especially ( he had come on for Fernandez) got through into scoring or great crossing positions a few times but just never got it right.Then inevitably we cocked up again and a poor hurried clearance from the keeper found their player who knocked it staright down the middle and we were wide open ( the centre backs had split as they do) for a simple finish. A little bit of nervous defending but we held on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 pm

If I may say Doug. I always love reading your reports. You training reports were what turned me on to this site in the first place. Long before I started posting. Great work.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:08 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:If I may say Doug. I always love reading your reports. You training reports were what turned me on to this site in the first place. Long before I started posting. Great work.

Same. Absolute hero.

Looking forward to the Youth cup Stoke game on Friday at the CFA. Only £3 and it kicks off at 7pm... i'd defo recommend people popping along as the football is a fuck load better than you think it'd be.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ManciniLegend » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:43 am

I don't understand why the club are making it difficult for people to watch these games. Why on earth was the game yesterday behind closed doors ffs?
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum