EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Want to again say how much I appreciate all of the insights from Doug, WW and others, (guess twosips is too big for us now...hah).

Cheers!

Hopefully we see a change this season with the first team, giving a few of the young lads some games. Will be interesting to see how it pans out with Foden and Diaz. I feel like Sancho is a goner though now (especially if we sign Alexis). Hope I am wrong, as I was excited to see him play based on what I've read and little I've seen. Disappointed he's not with the team now, as it's great to get more exposure to Foden, Diaz and Tosin...Duhaney as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:41 am

and another one bites the dust.....
Ducker enjoying himself again
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -training/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 am

Usual anti City stuff from Ducker.

I'd be interested in Doug and other's views about how good Sancho is compared to Foden and Diaz and why he was left out of the tour.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 pm

blues2win wrote:Usual anti City stuff from Ducker.

I'd be interested in Doug and other's views about how good Sancho is compared to Foden and Diaz and why he was left out of the tour.

He wouldn't sign a contract extension. That's the only reason he's not on the tour. Why waste money and a space on someone who might not stick around?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Yes I read that but his side seem to be spinning that he wouldn't sign because he wasn't going on the tour.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:47 pm

Regardless of the merits of the player, at his age, his attitude towards his club, the training regime, his manager and coaching staff and his fellow players will count for an awful lot. The academy will be chock a rock full of talented lads. They are not unique. However very few of these talented players will make it if their attitude is not 100%.

If Sancho's attitude at 17 is already below what is expected then get rid. If it turns out in five years he is the real deal then exercise a buy back clause. But if he is a bad apple, then binning him is the best thing as it will also show other lads who think talent alone is enough, that it is not and it may make a few others in the future think long and hard about their own attitude and commitment.
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:10 pm

All very good points but no extension presumably means no buy back clause. We may just have to suck it up. Interested in hearing the views of those who've seen Sancho Foden and Brahim and how they would rank them.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:Regardless of the merits of the player, at his age, his attitude towards his club, the training regime, his manager and coaching staff and his fellow players will count for an awful lot. The academy will be chock a rock full of talented lads. They are not unique. However very few of these talented players will make it if their attitude is not 100%.

If Sancho's attitude at 17 is already below what is expected then get rid. If it turns out in five years he is the real deal then exercise a buy back clause. But if he is a bad apple, then binning him is the best thing as it will also show other lads who think talent alone is enough, that it is not and it may make a few others in the future think long and hard about their own attitude and commitment.

As is becoming very regular NB, your views seem to echo my own.
I would give the lad a chance yet, though. Never mind what we hear in the media. See if Pep can talk to him back in Manchester. If he still wants out or Pep doesn't fancy him, so be it.
So long and best wishes.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Maffeo season long loan at Girona confirmed. A good chance in a strong league. Best of luck.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:Regardless of the merits of the player, at his age, his attitude towards his club, the training regime, his manager and coaching staff and his fellow players will count for an awful lot. The academy will be chock a rock full of talented lads. They are not unique. However very few of these talented players will make it if their attitude is not 100%.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 73771.html

Arsenal and Tottenham target Jadon Sancho withdraws from Manchester City training in bid to force move

I'd say just get rid. If you are 17 years old, getting paid £30,000 per week to play football at one of the best academies in the world, and refuse to turn up for training because of a personal gripe; you may have a great individual future but you're not going to be a dependable member of a elite team.

Character and mental stability matter just as much (if not more) once you get to the Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve level - which is what we are working to achieve. Talent is a dime a dozen so spoiled brats can move along asap
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am

Anyone got any news on Brandon Barker? I take it he will go on loan again, but where?

Wouldn't him replacing Roberts in Celtic be an OK idea?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Sancho sounds like a right little bellend, someone should snap him in half if ever turns up for training again
Fidel Castro

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:Anyone got any news on Brandon Barker? I take it he will go on loan again, but where?

He hardly lit up the Dutch second division, doubt very much Celtic will be interested. He'll end up in league 1 or 2 is my guess
Fidel Castro

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:37 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Anyone got any news on Brandon Barker? I take it he will go on loan again, but where?

He hardly lit up the Dutch second division, doubt very much Celtic will be interested. He'll end up in league 1 or 2 is my guess

The NAC chief did say that he and Manu were the only two quality players they got from city – the rest were just dime in a dozen ones.
I think he had a tough start, but got better and better, but your probably right that Celtic is a step too far.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Well, Gunn appears to have won the no. 1 spot for Norwich, which I don't think was a given when loaned out.

Ruddy I saw moved onto Wolves, but I forget their other keeper is, as I think he was good competition for Gunn.

Starting today against Fulham. Not much to do since I've turned it on as Norwich playing fairly well.

EDIT: Well, that changed. Fulham score, but it was a fluke own goal off of a deflection. Not really sure how he could have stopped that.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Then makes a great save to keep it 1-0.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Sessignon...somewhat intriguing young player, eh?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:36 pm

PrezIke wrote:Well, Gunn appears to have won the no. 1 spot for Norwich, which I don't think was a given when loaned out.

Ruddy I saw moved onto Wolves, but I forget their other keeper is, as I think he was good competition for Gunn.

Starting today against Fulham. Not much to do since I've turned it on as Norwich playing fairly well.

EDIT: Well, that changed. Fulham score, but it was a fluke own goal off of a deflection. Not really sure how he could have stopped that.

Thanks for the heads up.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Well, Gunn appears to have won the no. 1 spot for Norwich, which I don't think was a given when loaned out.

Thanks for the heads up.

No problem mate! I'm posting more in the Loans thread, figured it was better suited there.

He just made another very good save. Strong debut so far.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Does anyone know what's going on with James McAtee. He was being lauded as the next big thing a year or so back, but I've not seen or heard anything about him since.
I imagine Douglas is the best person to ask.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum