EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:11 pm

HALF-TIME: City EDS lead Schalke 3-1 at the break as heavy snow falls at the MCFC Academy Stadium - orange ball please! #mcfc

Barker scored the third. Does anyone know if the game is joanable?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
HALF-TIME: City EDS lead Schalke 3-1 at the break as heavy snow falls at the MCFC Academy Stadium - orange ball please! #mcfc

Barker scored the third. Does anyone know if the game is joanable?

I tried to find but couldn't find
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:27 pm

I couldn't find anything either Moonchesteri. It is what it is.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:15 pm

On way home. Loved it. Enjoyed the game more than most first team games I've been to recently and the whole set up made me feel proud to be a City fan.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:37 pm

twosips wrote:On way home. Loved it. Enjoyed the game more than most first team games I've been to recently and the whole set up made me feel proud to be a City fan.

Really enjoyable game but although 5.1 against Schalke is obviously a good result somehow I didn't feel the lads were at their best today. Schalke didn't seem to realise what was going on for a while and when they did wake up it was 3.0. We were playing well and cutting them open at will. A sweet goal to start with with a good header from Ambrose from Ntchams very good cross.I am sure Ambrose is better as a striker but he is a great weapon from the right. Quite rightly I thought he was given MotM.

Pozo gave Ntcham a tap in for the 2nd but how Pozo was on side when he ran onto the ball amazed me. I guess someone on the other side was asleep playing him on.. Barker then did what Barker does with a low left footer from a tight angle.I really liked the 4th as Barker was giving the full back a tough time but this time cut back and played a nice low pass to Byrne on the edge of the box. He took a great first touch and hit a top low shot into the net.

Interesting a couple of times to see and hear Vieira having a go at the lads to move the ball quicker as they did get a little complacent at times. To be fair to Schalke after they woke up they were half decent and pressed the ball much better but never in the hunt to get back into the game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Yeah i got the impression we could have gone up a level too.

I thought Barker actually had a relatively quiet game by his standards, but he scored and got an assist. Not bad hey?

Pozo was poor sadly but I was really impressed by Ambrose and Ntcham. Thought Ntcham was the best on the pitch actually - his effort was great. Angelino and Maffeo I really like as well. Even though some didnt shine technically at times you could never question their work ethic.

I enjoyed one moment where Ntcham was tackled and was moaning at the referee and Paddy got up and shouted "OLIVIER! MOVE!" to which he properly legged it back into place. Was great. You can tell there's a huge amount of respect towards him and having just sat ten feet away from him for a whole game his presence is brilliant. Just an aura and calmness about him. Really impressed. There was a time too after 35 minutes in where we got a little complacent and within a minute of a coupleof sloppy passes he was out of his seat again and shouting 'GLENO, GLENO' (Glendon) and offering encouragement and offering advice and he noticeably reacted to it.

Overall though I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Was a great experience and the stadium is wonderful. Couldn't believe we had all that for an academy game and i cant help but think this will hugely help the young players in their development.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:22 pm

I too thought Ntcham was possibly the best player, but it was a superb performance from Ambrose. Barker looked a bit tired but still did his bit.

Shalke were a big tough side who didn't shy away from fouling. To put 5 past them was a great effort. We got sloppy when 3 up but still could easily have scored 5 or 6 more during the sloppy period.

Ambrose is actually getting bigger each time I see him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Really enjoyed it , stood up, freezing, snowing and no Bovril!

Hope this is a regular thing.

People still leaving early, you cannot make it up!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:50 pm

twosips wrote:Yeah i got the impression we could have gone up a level too.

I thought Barker actually had a relatively quiet game by his standards, but he scored and got an assist. Not bad hey?

Pozo was poor sadly but I was really impressed by Ambrose and Ntcham. Thought Ntcham was the best on the pitch actually - his effort was great. Angelino and Maffeo I really like as well. Even though some didnt shine technically at times you could never question their work ethic.

I enjoyed one moment where Ntcham was tackled and was moaning at the referee and Paddy got up and shouted "OLIVIER! MOVE!" to which he properly legged it back into place. Was great. You can tell there's a huge amount of respect towards him and having just sat ten feet away from him for a whole game his presence is brilliant. Just an aura and calmness about him. Really impressed. There was a time too after 35 minutes in where we got a little complacent and within a minute of a coupleof sloppy passes he was out of his seat again and shouting 'GLENO, GLENO' (Glendon) and offering encouragement and offering advice and he noticeably reacted to it.

Overall though I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Was a great experience and the stadium is wonderful. Couldn't believe we had all that for an academy game and i cant help but think this will hugely help the young players in their development.

You must have been sat close to me as I was with a disabled friend at the front ,sat as close to Patrick as we could. No doubt at all they respond when he gets up and has a shout.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I too thought Ntcham was possibly the best player, but it was a superb performance from Ambrose. Barker looked a bit tired but still did his bit.

Shalke were a big tough side who didn't shy away from fouling. To put 5 past them was a great effort. We got sloppy when 3 up but still could easily have scored 5 or 6 more during the sloppy period.

Ambrose is actually getting bigger each time I see him.

Ntcham has really been playing consistently well for a while now. He gets the odd goal and assists but his work ethic and ability to drive forward is key to his game. Barker did flit in and out but was productive enough again with what he did but it's great that the team don't just rely on him at all.

Just have to like Ambrose and just as you say Faour is lacking something it seems to me Ambrose has something.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

You must have been sat close to me as I was with a disabled friend at the front ,sat as close to Patrick as we could. No doubt at all they respond when he gets up and has a shout.

I probably was!

I took some pics during the game. This was my view... thought i'd post a few anyway. Why not hey?

ImageImage

That's where I was !
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:10 pm

twosips wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I probably was!

I took some pics during the game. This was my view... thought i'd post a few anyway. Why not hey?

ImageImage

That's where I was !

Yep down to the front and then just left of the paramedics
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:48 pm

I was sat about 10 yards to the right, round about the Swales position.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aristation » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:14 pm

The lack of Bovril and the early closing catering were the only bad things about the set up.
I did feel two hours between games was too long they need to cut that to an hour to keep me attending
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 pm

I had a feeling I saw you, Doug, based on the vague memory i had of the photo in the forum shelf life but wasn't overly sure and wasn't gonna pop over and ask if a random stranger was Doug from a forum ha. I was probably wrong though.

Back to the game I was incredibly impressed by Ambrose. He's nowhere near as small as i thought he'd be. I'm starting to think he'll make it for us as a really dynamic, bustling forward. Could even be a Pedro type player who nips in off the wing and scores a few.

Ntcham was also a lot more composed than i thought he'd be. Looks to be better on the ball than Fofana does when i was of the impression it was supposed to be the other way around.
Last edited by twosips on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:34 pm

Ambrose not so long ago, was as small as you thought he'd be, but isn't anymore.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:26 am

According to the OS, we have 3 home games on the 7th Feb: Boro for the academy at 1 o'clock, Hull for the first team, 3 o'clock & Liverpool for the EDS also at 3 o'clock.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:According to the OS, we have 3 home games on the 7th Feb: Boro for the academy at 1 o'clock, Hull for the first team, 3 o'clock & Liverpool for the EDS also at 3 o'clock.

EDS attendance will obviously suffer with that timing.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ManciniLegend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Anyone know what the script is for future EDS games? I've attended all EDS home games this season so was alarmed to discover that because I didn't have a ticket fo the Arsenal game I could not gain access for the Schalke game. I truly hope this isn't a regular occurrence if it means I can't get to see a team I support every match.

Any clarification from someone in the know would be welcomed adn appreciate.

Many thanks
Last edited by ManciniLegend on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ManciniLegend » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:05 pm

ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum