EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Does anyone know if the Youth Champions League semi against Barca is on tv/YouTube tomorrow?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Found it. BT Sport 3 at 4pm
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 am

craigmcfc wrote:Found it. BT Sport 3 at 4pm

Good catch, will be watching that later.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:13 pm

just switched on.
losing 1-0 after 11 mins.... all barca.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Two thing about this city v barca game grimshaw in goal is a young bravo, barca absolute diving fuckers learning off their first team, a man down and getting battered
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Grimmy is not a Bravo. Seen him make many mnay a quality save but today he is having a Bravo type day. But there again he doesn't seem to have a defence in front of him. I have seen us look weak at the back but never ever as dreadful as this.

It's a great shame 3 key players are not out there. Smith suspended but UEFA rules mean Diaz and Foden are not allowed to play. Another joke ruling by UEFA. Then they appoint a trigger happy ref and we have a man sent off. First fould not a yellow but then Conzalez totally brain dead to commit the 2nd one while on a yellow.

I wonder what Davies has in store to improve things for the 2nd half. I would suggest his resignation might be the best thing he could do!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dipstick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Game on! The ten men have come back from 5-2 to 5-4 though they are dropping like flies with cramp.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Dipstick wrote:Game on! The ten men have come back from 5-2 to 5-4 though they are dropping like flies with cramp.

Obviously much better in the 2nd half even if they could have scored again. I just find it so weird that we start of with a back 3 and two wide players who didn't seem to ever think about defending as a wing back! I am sure they worked on it etc etc but it didn't look like it.

Systems aside though I think it's true to say that the defenders , all of them , had a mare in the first half. Either blatant mistakes or falling asleep like Francis for the first goal.

The correct right sided player to start with , as a winger , should have been Matondo. He is a real flyer but also has a clue about the defensive responsibilities. Left side probably should have been Poveda and not Bolton but what do I know!

Two good goals from Nmecha. Doesn't impress me enough with his overall game but he certainly knows where the net is.

The only good thing I hope to come from UEFA's decision not to let Diaz or Foden play is that we might see some of them on Sunday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:47 pm

It would be surprising if Foden and Diaz don’t get serious minutes in the last 5 matches. Going on Sunday and hope to see Mendy playing as well.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Grimmy is not a Bravo. Seen him make many mnay a quality save but today he is having a Bravo type day. But there again he doesn't seem to have a defence in front of him. I have seen us look weak at the back but never ever as dreadful as this.

It's a great shame 3 key players are not out there. Smith suspended but UEFA rules mean Diaz and Foden are not allowed to play. Another joke ruling by UEFA. Then they appoint a trigger happy ref and we have a man sent off. First fould not a yellow but then Conzalez totally brain dead to commit the 2nd one while on a yellow.

I wonder what Davies has in store to improve things for the 2nd half. I would suggest his resignation might be the best thing he could do!

What was the rule re Diaz and Foden ? Is it because they've played in the Champions League?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am

Nickyboy wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Grimmy is not a Bravo. Seen him make many mnay a quality save but today he is having a Bravo type day. But there again he doesn't seem to have a defence in front of him. I have seen us look weak at the back but never ever as dreadful as this.

What was the rule re Diaz and Foden ? Is it because they've played in the Champions League?

Yeah, because they have made 3 senior appearances in the Champions League, they're ineligible.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:39 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

Yeah, because they have made 3 senior appearances in the Champions League, they're ineligible.
really smart move that
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:52 am

City Under 18s really playing well against Liverpool by all accounts. 2-0 up at half time.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Finished 2-0 to City. Well done lads.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:10 pm

blues2win wrote:Finished 2-0 to City. Well done lads.

Decent performance but nothing special against what I thought was a weakish and probably young Liverpool side. Normally I see opposition teams much bigger and older than ours but not this time.

Our attacking play was decent and we were getting through Liverpool quite easily and at times because they gave the ball away badly but at the same time we were giving the ball away as well and they could and should have scores at least 1. Overall though we were the better side and should have got at least 1 more in the 2nd half. They did miss a pen badly near the end.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Are they a more promising side than the EDS or is the Manager better?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 pm

blues2win wrote:Are they a more promising side than the EDS or is the Manager better?

Now there's a question. Neither team are particularly good and I am not sure about either manager.

But this season, more than others, has seen us push forward young players above their age group and the teams are therefore not truly representative of the team and age group they are playing in.

An example is maye Joel Lattibeaudierre who was part of the under 17's world cup winning side ( as was Foden) You might have expected him to lead the under 18's this season but he hasnt even played in one under 18's game. Instead he has been playing under 23's all season. Overall I think with good performances but also at times found out a little.

In his place as center half for the 18's has been Eric Garcia ( we got him from Barca). He has mostly looked good although of late I have seen weaknesses but even he has been pushed forward into the 23's for some games.

Foden of course has played 23's but not that many as he is a full part of the first team squad along with Diaz and latterly Nmecha. So in terms of teams there hasnt been much to shout about even though the 18's have come 2md in the league but quite a way behind Utd. In fact they secured that with 2 wins in the final week.The last one on Saturday agaisnt Liverpool took us past both scouse sides into second place I think.

But maybe there are chances that although we are not beating everyone at these levels we might be getting closer to having young players to make the grade at first team level.

We have the 3 names in there at the moment with Foden , Diaz and Nmecha but other names might include:
Muric the keeper
Garcia, something is there but improvement definitely needed
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Tue May 01, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks Doug. Very informative as usual.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby craigmcfc » Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Our EDS won FIVE nil at Spurs tonight!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 02, 2018 9:15 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Our EDS won FIVE nil at Spurs tonight!

And maybe that's what happens when a strong team is put out! ( although maybe Spurs went the other way)
Tosin ,Foden,Diaz and Nmecha all starting and 4 of the goals came from the 3 attackers.
Muric in goal, Lattibeaudierrein defence , Smith in the middle.

Great also to see Cameron Humphreys getting game after being injured so long.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum