EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Ends 1-1.

Is that 'Doyle', Mike doyle' grandson?
If so, he's only 16 isn't he. The sub Johnson? that came on is only 16 too.
Am I right?

Anyway. let see if Grimshaw is the hero again in the penalties.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Well played Grinshaw
We won 3-2 on penalties, Liverpool missed their last 3, Grimshaw saved 2 and the other hit the bar.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Will the semi be a 2 legged affair?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Will the semi be a 2 legged affair?

No, it's played in Nylon in Switzerland on April 20th
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Poor sods, they'll drown in sweat. Can't they wear a more breathable material?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Yeah WW. Cotton on! Stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:18 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Yeah WW. Cotton on! Stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Argh bollocks autocorrect
Wonderwall

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Ends 1-1.

Is that 'Doyle', Mike doyle' grandson?
If so, he's only 16 isn't he. The sub Johnson? that came on is only 16 too.
Am I right?

Anyway. let see if Grimshaw is the hero again in the penalties.

You are correct Sir.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 pm

This was a pretty good game to watch as it was end to end ( at least second half) but from a City perspective I could not believe how many simple things we got wrong. Short passes, controlling the ball and constantly trying to force the game rather than play with some composure we were just giving the ball away far too easily. I thought Liverpool were the more impressive team first half with their pressing and good movement and to be level at HT was a bonus. Nmecha's free kick went in off the back of their skipper and if I was Gerard I would fine him for turning his back. Soft scouse get!

We were much better in the 2nd half and it did become an end to end game. Liverpool on the break were very dangerous and it was a suprise they didnt score again but equally we should have scored more. Nmecha's miss from a Bolton cross was amazing.The number of times we had great runs at their defence but could not find the right pass just had me wishing it had been either Diaz or Foden. And so after a glaring miss from Liverpool right at the death from a corner it was onnto penalties.

Grimshaw is bloody good at saving penalties!! Even the 2 they scored he went the right way and nearly got them.

Some decent performances in the team. But I thought Francis had a mare with his passing from the back. Lattibeaudierre looked good agai. Mixed from Garcia.The winger he had was a real threat and did him a few times too many but I still like him. Lucas Nmecha had a poor game I thought and for a while our threat was just coming from Luke Bolton with his runs and crosses.

Anyway great to get through. will need to be much much better to get past Barca
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Dipstick wrote:According to MUEN, Foden + Diaz not eligible for the gobby dippers match.
A rule of the competition forbids teams from using any players that have made three Champions League appearances, and the pair's minutes against Basel in the last-16 took them over the threshold. Lukas Nmecha is eligible for the game.f.
That seems pretty inept of the club - meaningless minutes cost them the chance of playing for a trophy.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Give them the choice JC, I'm sure they'd have chosen first team every time.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:38 pm

dazby wrote:Give them the choice JC, I'm sure they'd have chosen first team every time.

Absolutely. And quite right too.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Dipstick wrote:According to MUEN, Foden + Diaz not eligible for the gobby dippers match.
A rule of the competition forbids teams from using any players that have made three Champions League appearances, and the pair's minutes against Basel in the last-16 took them over the threshold. Lukas Nmecha is eligible for the game.f.
That seems pretty inept of the club - meaningless minutes cost them the chance of playing for a trophy.

Have to disagree. At their age, no minutes are meaningless, all part of their learning and gaining experience.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Have to disagree. At their age, no minutes are meaningless, all part of their learning and gaining experience.

It means they can't play against Barca in the semis now either, still I suppose sunny AD is a consolation for them.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 am

johnny crossan wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It means they can't play against Barca in the semis now either, still I suppose sunny AD is a consolation for them.

Or the possibility that one or both may get minutes against the main Barca team in the Champions League? No better experience than that.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm

The u23s Premier League 2 Division One is looking interesting as we approach the last 3 games of the season.

United are in severe danger of relegation (Ed: is this even possible?) as they are firmly bottom of the table. City could well put them down on 13th April when they visit the Minihad if Spurs don't lose the weekend before. Failing that, a City defeat at Spurs in the final game of the season could put United down. Happy days!

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/engla ... on/r43195/
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Justified logic wrote:The u23s Premier League 2 Division One is looking interesting as we approach the last 3 games of the season.

United are in severe danger of relegation (Ed: is this even possible?) as they are firmly bottom of the table. City could well put them down on 13th April when they visit the Minihad if Spurs don't lose the weekend before. Failing that, a City defeat at Spurs in the final game of the season could put United down. Happy days!

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/engla ... on/r43195/

See Nmecha tops the scoring charts
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:24 pm

A couple of interesting derbies coming up.

On Friday at 19:00 the u23s play at the Minihad. If City win, United are effectively relegated to Premier League 2 Division Two, barring a couple of massive losses by Derby to throw away the +7 goal difference and more goals scored that they currently enjoy over United: https://uk.soccerway.com/national/engla ... on/r43195/

Then on Saturday at 12:00 the u18s play away. United currently enjoy a massive points lead at the top of the league but City have games in hand and if City win their remaining four games and United lose their two then it will come down to goal difference for top spot. United are currently +11 ahead on goal difference but City have won their last two games by five goals and a win on Saturday will of course narrow the goal difference even more, as well as the points difference: https://uk.soccerway.com/national/engla ... th/r43221/
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

Justified logic wrote:A couple of interesting derbies coming up.

On Friday at 19:00 the u23s play at the Minihad. If City win, United are effectively relegated to Premier League 2 Division Two, barring a couple of massive losses by Derby to throw away the +7 goal difference and more goals scored that they currently enjoy over United: https://uk.soccerway.com/national/engla ... on/r43195/

Then on Saturday at 12:00 the u18s play away. United currently enjoy a massive points lead at the top of the league but City have games in hand and if City win their remaining four games and United lose their two then it will come down to goal difference for top spot. United are currently +11 ahead on goal difference but City have won their last two games by five goals and a win on Saturday will of course narrow the goal difference even more, as well as the points difference: https://uk.soccerway.com/national/engla ... th/r43221/

Going to both those games and sort of looking forward to them. The EDS one on Friday hopefully will get a good attendance and we can do the job this time and put them away. Strange how last season their EDS side was good and the 18's rubbish but this time it's the other way around. They have, like City , pushed a lot of players up the age groups so a struggle isn't a surprise but relegated would be. Our own EDS have suffered this season with constant changes, players playing way above their age level and I believe having Simon Davies in charge. But when they have their best team out they are a match for anyone and I expect a strong team on Friday.

The 18's also have had to manage with many players playing up the age level and I did expect a struggle but they got off to a very good start only to hit the buffers half way though and having a horrendous run. Some of the games I have seen though against so called weaker opposition have been really really hard.

The last 2 games have seen big wins so we can be reasonably optimistic about what's left. I went to Blackburn yesterday and it was a comprehensive win against a poor side. The Everton one was the same. I havent seen a worse Everton youth side that I can recall.They had some enormous guys in the team but as a team couldnt defend.

Strange at Blackburn yesterday as I chatted to 2 scum fans who had gone to watch hoping City would lose meaning they would win the league!! Their last 2 games are against City and Liverpool and they are seriously worried they will lose both, City will win all 4 and they will lose the league. How good would that be!

Can't see it myself as City do look a tiny bit flakey defensively but they are decent to watch.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Mending to play in tonights EDS clash with some scum.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum