EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Sancho absolutely terrorising Liverpool.
Set up Diaz with a run from the edge of his own box straight through the heart of Liverpool. Diaz just over stretching for the final ball.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Southampton next then
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Caught the last 30 mins of this game, and we looked really good. Diaz is some player.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Ended 3-1 but should have been more.
Diaz really grew into the second half. Put through our outside right with s ball David Silva would dream about. Liverpool keeper probably touched the ball more than any of his teammates.

Saved at least 3 one on ones and s couple of other decent saves.

One move by Diaz where he just drove into the box beating about four players was Kinkladze-Esque
And as for Sancho. I'd say The Liverpool players are glad to see the back of him and will hope never to see him again.

Deserved a goal but he was just untouchable. They couldn't get near him.
Some other good performances but hard to know how good as we were not troubled in the second half and by the end we're only toying with them.

Very enjoyable. Southampton next.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Ended 3-1 but should have been more.
Diaz really grew into the second half. Put through our outside right with s ball David Silva would dream about. Liverpool keeper probably touched the ball more than any of his teammates.

Saved at least 3 one on ones and s couple of other decent saves.

One move by Diaz where he just drove into the box beating about four players was Kinkladze-Esque
And as for Sancho. I'd say The Liverpool players are glad to see the back of him and will hope never to see him again.

Deserved a goal but he was just untouchable. They couldn't get near him.
Some other good performances but hard to know how good as we were not troubled in the second half and by the end we're only toying with them.

Very enjoyable. Southampton next.

Absolutely love it. :D :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Glad some more have had the chance to watch this under 18's side even if only on facebook. I keep saying they are a dream to watch and they were again tonight. Up against a Liverpool side they beat 7 nil earlier in the season so no surprise they came to park the bus big style.

Don't care who you are or how good you are it's not easy to get through a 10 man defence. I thought City played some really good stuff in the first half with Sancho absolutely outstanding. It was one of his runs that brought the goal as Tom Dele lashed home the loose ball. Liverpool basically scored with their only attack of the first half , well taken goal too.

City did start playing some long balls in the 2nd half but maybe that was about worrying them we might get in behind but quickly we got back to the real play and with Diaz much more in the middle than right wing the threat was increased significantly even if not much was coming down the right.

Anyway 2 more goals and once the "pressure" was off Diaz and Sancho were ripping through them at will trying to score a Kinkladze goal and nearly doing it a few times.

For this game we effectively added Diaz, Nmecha, and Duheaney to the regular week in week out under 18's to give us that extra edge I assume.That meant leaving out Gonzalez ( only 16 and on the bench tonight) Frimpong ( also 16 if not 15 and also on the bench) and Pozo,Rosler,Poveda not invovled at all. We have real strength in depth at this level and I think we would have won with the regulars too.

Not too impressed by some of Diallo's passing but he sits in front of the back 4 and did a good job with the goal a great bonus. I liked the 2 center backs Francis and Latibeaudierre. Smith played well till he let their sub wide player get a couple of crosses in. Nmecha struggled i thought but took his goal very very well. Diaz a bit out of it first half but a real threat in the 2nd as he moved more centrally.

Good team performance and how Sancho didn't get a direct assist or goal is baffling but he is a delight to watch isn't he?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:01 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Glad some more have had the chance to watch this under 18's side even if only on facebook. I keep saying they are a dream to watch and they were again tonight. Up against a Liverpool side they beat 7 nil earlier in the season so no surprise they came to park the bus big style.

Don't care who you are or how good you are it's not easy to get through a 10 man defence. I thought City played some really good stuff in the first half with Sancho absolutely outstanding. It was one of his runs that brought the goal as Tom Dele lashed home the loose ball. Liverpool basically scored with their only attack of the first half , well taken goal too.

City did start playing some long balls in the 2nd half but maybe that was about worrying them we might get in behind but quickly we got back to the real play and with Diaz much more in the middle than right wing the threat was increased significantly even if not much was coming down the right.

Anyway 2 more goals and once the "pressure" was off Diaz and Sancho were ripping through them at will trying to score a Kinkladze goal and nearly doing it a few times.

For this game we effectively added Diaz, Nmecha, and Duheaney to the regular week in week out under 18's to give us that extra edge I assume.That meant leaving out Gonzalez ( only 16 and on the bench tonight) Frimpong ( also 16 if not 15 and also on the bench) and Pozo,Rosler,Poveda not invovled at all. We have real strength in depth at this level and I think we would have won with the regulars too.

Not too impressed by some of Diallo's passing but he sits in front of the back 4 and did a good job with the goal a great bonus. I liked the 2 center backs Francis and Latibeaudierre. Smith played well till he let their sub wide player get a couple of crosses in. Nmecha struggled i thought but took his goal very very well. Diaz a bit out of it first half but a real threat in the 2nd as he moved more centrally.

Good team performance and how Sancho didn't get a direct assist or goal is baffling but he is a delight to watch isn't he?

What he just said.
Absolute delight to watch.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Worth a look. If anyone is interested. This is footage of Diaz from last night.

He's young and loves running with the ball. It can lead him into trouble at times, particularly like last night when you're against a team that barely makes it out of their half.
I think the second half, he began to shine.
He's incredibly skilful.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

He's young and loves running with the ball. It can lead him into trouble at times, particularly like last night when you're against a team that barely makes it out of their half.
He's incredibly skilful.

Is he a bit like a left footed alexis sanches?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

He's incredibly skilful.

Looks comfortable on both feet to me.
From what I've heard, he's actually right footed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

He's incredibly skilful.

1:54 - wow
amazing that that is one all from game
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

He's incredibly skilful.

I wish they had the same footage of Sancho 's contributions in one package.
He was even better in my book over the two halves.
The Liverpool players were terrified of him every time he got on the ball. MOTM in my opinion.

The two of these alone should have had a brace each.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

He's incredibly skilful.

I wish they had the same footage of Sancho 's contributions in one package.
He was even better in my book over the two halves.
The Liverpool players were terrified of him every time he got on the ball. MOTM in my opinion.

The two of these alone should have had a brace each.

Sancho definitely MotM and a similar montage of him i am sure would have looked much better. Personally I didnb't think that was one of Brahim's better games.In the first half he came inside too often where the Liverpool bus was at it's deepest and although it took a few players to stop him he wasn't that effective. Second half he was a bit more central and more effective I thought and obviously when we went two on up and the game opened a little more he looked great.

I think he is two footed although there was plenty of left footed stuff on the clips there were 2 key moments showing a strong right foot. The shot that brought a flying save from the keeper and the sublime ball through the defence for Luke Bolton. How good was that pass!

Sancho I think has even better dribbling a close ball control skills.The right back against should just retire now! Plus he does go left and right even though he is predominantly a right footed player. Worth paying to watch the pair of them and when you add Foden into the mix it makes watching them so enjoyable.

Then there is Poveda, Dele-Bashiru, Pozo,Smith, Latibeaudierre,Frimpong,Francis,Muric,Hardy,Bolton and more
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

He's incredibly skilful.

I love his ability to 'turn on a sixpence'. Great pass near the end there with his right foot also. Hope he trains through, he'll be superb.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

EDS lost 2-1 to Colchester tonight I believe.

Man City Academy
3h3 hours ago
Man City Academy ‏@ManCityAcademy
#PLCup XI v @ColU_Official: Haug, Bullock, Oliver, Humphreys, Sarmiento, Patching, Bolton, Kongolo, Hardy, Boadu, Fernandes #mcfc

Subs: Rosler, Grimshaw, Pozo, Poveda, Nemane #mcfc

Two of them were subs last night.
Any thoughts on the team put out Doug?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:23 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:EDS lost 2-1 to Colchester tonight I believe.

Man City Academy
3h3 hours ago
Man City Academy ‏@ManCityAcademy
#PLCup XI v @ColU_Official: Haug, Bullock, Oliver, Humphreys, Sarmiento, Patching, Bolton, Kongolo, Hardy, Boadu, Fernandes #mcfc

Subs: Rosler, Grimshaw, Pozo, Poveda, Nemane #mcfc

Two of them were subs last night.
Any thoughts on the team put out Doug?

With the 18's playing the night before and using a few of the key players who would have made the EDS side that's an ok side but nowhere hear the strongest we could have put out.

Gunn would/should be in goal. Tosin at center back for Oliver but at least Oliver wasn't at full back. Not seen Bullock for ages thought he had gone but he's ok as is Sarmiento. Duhaeney played 18's who would have been an improvement on either imo.

Midfield 3 of Patching,Kongolo and Boadu is sort of ok but I don't think any of them are really suited to sitting in front of the back 4 so maybe the balance wouldnt be right. I would have liked Pozo there albeit he is smaller,young and less experienced but I like the way he handles the role.

The front three is probably where we suffered most as our best 3 for me would be Diaz,Nmecha and Sancho and they all played 18's. sad that Ambrose wasn't there so must be injured again. To be fair Fernandez would be in there as he has been superb this season but from what I have seen City are not treating this competition as one we care much about.

Eariler when we played Hull we fielded a strange team and lost that as well and Hull were abysmal

I haven't read how the game went yet but the 18's game meant not the strongest side
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:10 am

Didnt realise Ian Lawlor signed for Doncaster.

Seems like hes around ages without actually doing anything.

best of luck to him, good chance he could be ireland number 1 in a few years if he moves up a couple of divisions.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Didnt realise Ian Lawlor signed for Doncaster.

best of luck to him, good chance he could be ireland number 1 in a few years if he moves up a couple of divisions.

Decent keeper for sure but I guess just not deemed good enough for City's level whereas Gunn just might be. Billy O'Brien also move on loan to St. Mirren I think so maybe we might see some of Daniel Grimshaw soon although it was Haug who played U 23's last night and Grimmy on the bench.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Decent keeper for sure but I guess just not deemed good enough for City's level whereas Gunn just might be. Billy O'Brien also move on loan to St. Mirren I think so maybe we might see some of Daniel Grimshaw soon although it was Haug who played U 23's last night and Grimmy on the bench.

Keep an eye out for defender Finley Burns..13 years old we have just signed from Southend......175 k...so he must be something special.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Keep an eye out for defender Finley Burns..13 years old we have just signed from Southend......175 k...so he must be something special.

The Southend manager was on Talk Shite this morning effectively moaning at this saying " who the hell can tell if a 13 year old is going to make it for Southend never mind at a top side like City.It's crazy" We will just have to wait and see.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum