EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Chelsea applying the pressure. Glover in goal for Spurs pulled off a good close range reaction save.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Chelsea applying the pressure. Glover in goal for Spurs pulled off a good close range reaction save.

Great name for a keeper.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Chelsea applying the pressure. Glover in goal for Spurs pulled off a good close range reaction save.

Great name for a keeper.

Yes. Tom Glover. He's played better than Collins at the other end.

When do we play Leicester, do you know.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Great name for a keeper.

Yes. Tom Glover. He's played better than Collins at the other end.

When do we play Leicester, do you know.

Just saw a tweet, next Wednesday
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:19 pm

This is the opposition if we get through. Both strong. Chelsea have far more possession, but both defenses are on top. I think Spurs might need a second goal for the second leg.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Chelsea coming closer and closer but defense holding firm. Spurs hitting on the break but Chelsea centre half is very good.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:27 pm

2-0 on the break. Caught in possession on halfway line. Three broke quickly. Interesting stuff.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Quite enjoying this even though it's not City. U18 game is so quick and honest. A lot of proper challenges, no play acting or diving, people getting straight up and getting on with it. Ref also lets a lot go. Where does it all go wrong when it gets to Premiership.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby twosips » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Quite enjoying this even though it's not City. U18 game is so quick and honest. A lot of proper challenges, no play acting or diving, people getting straight up and getting on with it. Ref also lets a lot go. Where does it all go wrong when it gets to Premiership.

Noticed that too at the youth team games ive been too. Refs let more go and in general the football's more spirited and honest. Part of the appeal for me.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

2-0 final score. Spurs played well. Wouldn't think Chelsea are out of it yet though. Spurs defense played well.
If City get past Leicester, either team would be a good test of how good they are. Both are quite physically strong and quick.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Quite enjoying this even though it's not City. U18 game is so quick and honest. A lot of proper challenges, no play acting or diving, people getting straight up and getting on with it. Ref also lets a lot go. Where does it all go wrong when it gets to Premiership.

Money.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 am

Semi-final details

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... ation-5009

Ill head to this one to give the lads a shout.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:33 am

Spurs is potentially a very difficult game, because they look like a team assembled to win youth competitions & show off how good the coach is, rather than produce players. Big, strong, quick, athletic, well organised, good stoppers at the back, not very good at football would be my assessment.

Chelsea miles better footballers imo & still a tough game, but ten times more fun to play them, whoever wins.

I've heard rumours Leicester are basically Spurs though. So if if that's true & we manage to get past them, maybe it puts us in a good position.

Tickets for City U18s v Leicester, Wednesday 11 March Kick-off – 7pm game now online. Ooops already posted.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Spurs is potentially a very difficult game, because they look like a team assembled to win youth competitions & show off how good the coach is, rather than produce players. Big, strong, quick, athletic, well organised, good stoppers at the back, not very good at football would be my assessment.

Chelsea miles better footballers imo & still a tough game, but ten times more fun to play them, whoever wins.

I've heard rumours Leicester are basically Spurs though. So if if that's true & we manage to get past them, maybe it puts us in a good position.

Tickets for City U18s v Leicester, Wednesday 11 March Kick-off – 7pm game now online. Ooops already posted.

any idea if itv are showing it like they did last night's game?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:19 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Spurs is potentially a very difficult game, because they look like a team assembled to win youth competitions & show off how good the coach is, rather than produce players. Big, strong, quick, athletic, well organised, good stoppers at the back, not very good at football would be my assessment.

They mentioned all the football coming up in the next week on ITV but never mentioned U18's.
I'd love to get a look at that myself, if anyone hears of a station showing it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:20 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Doubt it. There are Champions League games that night, so not much potential audience (and no London clubs,rags, Liverpool of course).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:24 am

Manuel Pellegrini says the door is always open for the Club’s talented young stars to force their way into his plans.

Several of Patrick Vieira’s EDS squad have made it to the bench this season including Bersant Celina, Sinan Bytyqi, George Glendon, Thierry Ambrose and Jose Angel Tasende all unused subs throughout the campaign.

Jose Angel Pozo has made four appearance this campaign and Brandon Barker’s form for the Under-18 and EDS led to a senior start against Hamburg in Abu Dhabi and the Blues’ boss hopes that one or more will eventually become first team regulars at City.

“I think it is very important for our group to help the development of the younger players,” said the Chilean.

“It is very difficult for them to progress to the first team because we have a very strong, competitive squad and each season we are buying new, important players.

“That doesn’t mean we can’t have a young player breakthrough to the senior side – even if just one youngster progressed to the first team it could save the club thirty or £40million.

“The fact we are now all training together at the CFA makes a huge difference because the youngsters can be around professional players every day will be very useful for them and the way we are working means that I’m sure we’ll have a number of youngsters progressing through to the first team.”

Pellegrini believes the move to the new City Football Academy training facility will also have a major impact on the club and its younger players in years to come, adding: “Moving to the CFA has made a world of difference and is one of the most important improvements we’ve made.

“When you look at the new facility compared to Carrington, which was not a bad place, but moving here has been a huge step forward and underlines how the owners want to develop the club in the future.”

Interesting.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Really hoping for an injection of youthful energy into the squad next year. I know they won't just be put in for the sake of it though. They will have to merit their places, but I really think we could offload what is no longer needed or up to standard and replace from within, saving a fortune, which could then be spent on quality, rather than quantity.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Daily Mail saying Sagna getting pissed off with a bit part role and that Roma may make a move in the Summer. This would be a great opportunity to stick Maffeo into the first team squad. It would be a real slap in the face if we buy a new young full back over the next year or two. Both Angelino and Maffeo deserve their chance. Separately the Celtic general manager is resigned to losing Denayer. Says he's likely to want to go back to City. Surely he will be into the first team squad. If none of the youngsters make it into the squad next Summer Vieira might as well pack up and go.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:“It is very difficult for them to progress to the first team because we have a very strong, competitive squad and each season we are buying new, important players.

“That doesn’t mean we can’t have a young player breakthrough to the senior side – even if just one youngster progressed to the first team it could save the club thirty or £40million.

I fucking HATE these quotes from pelle, and they make him sound like a stubborn dick. to paraphrase: "I will continue to buy expensive players to fill every conceivable need in the squad, but if by some miracle a kid somehow manages to 'break through', I guess that would be OK with me, because it will save us some money."
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum