EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:54 am

ManciniLegend wrote:I don't understand why the club are making it difficult for people to watch these games. Why on earth was the game yesterday behind closed doors ffs?

Purely to get Doug peeping through the fence.

The players have apparently been complaining it doesn't 'feel right' training anymore without, so they lured him there to watch this game & were taking photos from different angles, in order to make a Doug effigy, complete with step ladders, for each academy training pitch.

Nice work Mr H.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:32 am

I did ask around at the CFA yesterday and nobody had an answer.Somebody on BMoon said it wasn't a BCD game as he just went to the main reception and got a ticket but I can't trust that, even though there were a number of fans (maybe mostly family) watching the games (there was a 16's game being played as well)

There was a Cityzens family event going on in the main hall I think .I saw folk arriving and leaving all the time but not great numbers.Thus the reason for making it BCD was deemed to be the problem of handling two events at the same time with stewarding and safety issues to deal with. And of course there was the main event at the Etihad starting at 3.

If that is the case it's pathetic and embarrassing that City couldn't manage them all especially after the opening of such a great facility.The number of staff involved at the gates was an absolute minimum and they all had no clue what was going on.

Hopefully it will have been a one off and fans will be allowed to watch all future games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ManciniLegend » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Thank you for that. Very worrying this and all too "typical city".
ManciniLegend
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby twosips » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Another bright young talent. He has it all.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ar_twitter

Dunno how far he could go but he doesn't seem to be missing anything to his game, experience aside.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:40 pm

twosips wrote:Another bright young talent. He has it all.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ar_twitter

Dunno how far he could go but he doesn't seem to be missing anything to his game, experience aside.

Obviously the big moment comes when he has to stand up & defend v adults, but some of the 'kids' he's played against in games I've seen, would be bigger built than a lot of of our first team players.

So far though, for 17, he looks like one of the best defensive prospects I've ever seen. Not as much sheer power & pace as Richards perhaps, & maybe not quite as cultured as Denayer, although I'm not certain about that, but a healthy mixture of the two & proper centre back sized without lacking any mobility. And he's gone from a little bit flakey defensively, to solid, in the space of half a season. So he learns fast.

Turned 17 in September!

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Anyone got any spares for the Schalke game? That thing again where season ticket holders can order loads of em for free
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Anyone know why Denayer came off at half time today?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby twosips » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Quick search on twitter

"Ronny Deila on Jason Denayer injury. "Jason had cramp in his calf - we weren't taking any chances" #BBCSportsound"

They don't wanna lose him for the Inter game.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Thank god, last thing he needs on loan is an injury.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:08 pm

twosips wrote:Anyone got any spares for the Schalke game? That thing again where season ticket holders can order loads of em for free

I haven't yet but might have
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Lemme know if you do, Doug! Chances are ill be heading down to this on my own anyway too so id only need one really! Just fancy watching it.

If any forum types are going along and fancy saying hello then lemme know as well.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMhJW1QgIOc

Another hiwula goal here. Decent header. Good run in the first bit too of the video too.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:04 pm

Re talk in the Iheanacho thread and rumours of him possibly playing tomorrow.

Just found a link to this on Bluemoon.

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/sea ... index.html

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 am

We have Leicester, West Brom, Villa and QPR, is there really any reason Nacho can't take a spot on the bench for those matches?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Re talk in the Iheanacho thread and rumours of him possibly playing tomorrow.

Couldn't read that link but could we play him even if we don't have the work permit sorted.Would be great to see him tomorrow if possible.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:32 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Re talk in the Iheanacho thread and rumours of him possibly playing tomorrow.

Couldn't read that link but could we play him even if we don't have the work permit sorted.Would be great to see him tomorrow if possible.

It's UEFA's own website, & it has Kelechi down as one of the strikers in our squad for the UEFA U19s league (No 39).

I don't know at all, but I have always been under the impression that you have to have a work permit if you are going to play a competitive game over here. I don't know if it's bollocks that Kelechi has said he's playing tomorrow, but that's what one site in Africa is claiming. I also don't know whether you can register in the squad even if you haven't yet received a work permit, so that if/when it arrives, you are then able to play.

I would imagine though, that if you are listed on UEFA's website as being in the UEFA U19s squad, you are eligible to play, & therefore have a work permit. But that's just me putting 1,2 & 3 together. It would seem strange to me if that's not the case though.

Slim wrote:We have Leicester, West Brom, Villa and QPR, is there really any reason Nacho can't take a spot on the bench for those matches?

If it happens to be the case that he does have a work permit, then I assume he is also registered as an U21 player for Premier League purposes. However, there is then a strong possibility that he will very soon fuck off to play for Nigeria in the the U20 championships.

Also of course, it's possible that if he does play v Shalke, that Ambrose & Barker will wipe the floor with him in terms of performance, as he has barely played at all. In which case, he won't deserve a place on the bench ahead of them.

But all in all, it's just a bunch of rumours & speculation until it happens (or not).

But whatever the case, the fact he's listed on the UEFA site is significant. We wouldn't have bothered giving them the name unless we thought he had a chance of playing a part somewhere along the line.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:12 am

The notable thing about that UEFA stuff is that if he wasn't there before then there has been communication from City to get them to add to him. That can only be a good thing cos it surely means he's ours in a more official capacity. It's also notable that it has been done the second he's fit and over his injury.

Looking forward to this game a lot.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:45 am

I see that crewe beat arsenal in the fa youth cup and will play us next.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

Live game on eurosport against Schalke today
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:19 am

twosips wrote:The notable thing about that UEFA stuff is that if he wasn't there before then there has been communication from City to get them to add to him. That can only be a good thing cos it surely means he's ours in a more official capacity. It's also notable that it has been done the second he's fit and over his injury.

Looking forward to this game a lot.

I think he has been ours in an 'official capacity' for some time, but I don't know when he first appeared on the list for UEFA.

For all I know, he could also have been registered for ages & still not have a permit, but either way, it means we figured he'd be available at some point.

Wonderwall wrote:I see that crewe beat arsenal in the fa youth cup and will play us next.

I could be doing them a disservice, but I doubt they acheived that by passing them off the park. Expect they've got a new hulking Dean Ashton upfront or something & are tough to play against.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum