EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:14 pm

Now 13-0!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby craigmcfc » Tue May 17, 2022 8:32 pm

craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 17, 2022 8:45 pm

craigmcfc wrote:

Seems like Southampton could field their first XI and our kids would give them a good game
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Thu May 19, 2022 9:20 pm

City under 18 champions beating Southampton 2-1. Well done lads.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby craigmcfc » Thu May 19, 2022 9:52 pm

craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Excellent result - a record 3rd consecutive title for them. The future's bright, the future's blue!!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 20, 2022 5:03 am

That second goal the U-18s scored was an absolute peach.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 28, 2022 12:10 pm

James McAtee's elder brother John currently playing for Grimsby v Wrexham in the NL Semi Final Playoff - been around for a 22 yr old. Scored a cracking equaliser 1-1 HT https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAtee
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 28, 2022 12:40 pm

Andy Dibble's son playing on the other side.

It's a good game actually.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 28, 2022 1:17 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Andy Dibble's son playing on the other side.

It's a good game actually.
4-4 5 mins left McAttee subbed - classic :D
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sat May 28, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 28, 2022 1:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:James McAtee's elder brother John currently playing for Grimsby v Wrexham in the NL Semi Final Playoff - been around for a 22 yr old. Scored a cracking equaliser 1-1 HT https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAtee

Just been given MotM

Rather surprised he has just been substituted
nottsblue

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:22 pm

Great start this aft for the EDS, a 3 nil win at Liverpool.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Just thought i would pop in with an update from the Liverpool EDS game yesterday. Went along to watch as I was fascinated to see who would be in the team given the numbers who have gone on loan or were away with the first team at WHU.

The bottom line was we were superb and thoroughly deserved the win. The style of play was like the first team. A few moments at the back where you do wonder about all the passing around but when we got through we created plenty. Only 1 nil at half time but could have been 3 and that after LPool had more of the ball but rarely threatened.

2nd half more of the same but were even better when we worked it through and LPool had no answers. Most of the players will hardly be know on here I guess but here goes.
Mikki Van Sas in goal. With James Trafford at Bolton again and Slicker now at Rochdale this guy will be the most regular I expect. Looks very confident with his feet of course. Dont know that much about his ability saving stuff as he didnt have much to do.

The full backs Juan Larios and Kane Taylor had the toughest time as they didnt get that much support from our wide players. Larios is small but quite dynamic and very competitive. Liked him a lot and he loves to move forward with the ball including into midfield.Set some great moves going Taylor found it harder against a flyer on his side but stuck at it great and managed to stop most attempts at a cross.

Mbtete and Alleyne were the center backs. Good to see Mbete bossing it and I thought Alleyne looked quality too. Some think Mbete should be involved with the first team and getting games but not yet for me.

Midfield Breckin, Shea Charles and Oscar Bobb. Breckin stepping up this year to the EDS looks a good prospect if not special yet like Palmer , McAtee but good yesterday. Charles holing is now one of the experiences ones and held that role really well. Nowt fancy but did his job. Bobb is something else ! oozes confidence and shows some great touches. I think he will really shine this year with the EDS. Maybe wont get the goals of McAtee but will run the show a lot I think.

The front 3 were Edozie right, Mebude and Borges left.
Edozie we know has quality but sadly he pulled a muscle and went off in the first half not long after their keeper saved a one on one well.Mebude has good pace and usually plays right side. Took his early goal well before moving to the right when Edozie went off. Always a threat for me and scores goals. Very good prospect again but not close yet to first team standard I dont think.
Borges is another real prospect as a left side attacking player like we had with Sancho and Braff. Very dynamic and quick with a bit of attitude and aggression. Got to like him and he was superb setting up the 2 goals in the 2nd half. Impressive with both that he found the right pass rather than being greedy and going for goal himself.
Agyemang was the substitute when Edozie went off. Went straight to center forward and for me seeing him for the first time looked really good. Built like and old fashoined ceter forward. Good touch and awareness and a great finish for his goal.

Suffice to say I enjoyed the trip out
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:31 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just thought i would pop in with an update from the Liverpool EDS game yesterday. Went along to watch as I was fascinated to see who would be in the team given the numbers who have gone on loan or were away with the first team at WHU.

The bottom line was we were superb and thoroughly deserved the win. The style of play was like the first team. A few moments at the back where you do wonder about all the passing around but when we got through we created plenty. Only 1 nil at half time but could have been 3 and that after LPool had more of the ball but rarely threatened.

2nd half more of the same but were even better when we worked it through and LPool had no answers. Most of the players will hardly be know on here I guess but here goes.
Mikki Van Sas in goal. With James Trafford at Bolton again and Slicker now at Rochdale this guy will be the most regular I expect. Looks very confident with his feet of course. Dont know that much about his ability saving stuff as he didnt have much to do.

The full backs Juan Larios and Kane Taylor had the toughest time as they didnt get that much support from our wide players. Larios is small but quite dynamic and very competitive. Liked him a lot and he loves to move forward with the ball including into midfield.Set some great moves going Taylor found it harder against a flyer on his side but stuck at it great and managed to stop most attempts at a cross.

Mbtete and Alleyne were the center backs. Good to see Mbete bossing it and I thought Alleyne looked quality too. Some think Mbete should be involved with the first team and getting games but not yet for me.

Midfield Breckin, Shea Charles and Oscar Bobb. Breckin stepping up this year to the EDS looks a good prospect if not special yet like Palmer , McAtee but good yesterday. Charles holing is now one of the experiences ones and held that role really well. Nowt fancy but did his job. Bobb is something else ! oozes confidence and shows some great touches. I think he will really shine this year with the EDS. Maybe wont get the goals of McAtee but will run the show a lot I think.

The front 3 were Edozie right, Mebude and Borges left.
Edozie we know has quality but sadly he pulled a muscle and went off in the first half not long after their keeper saved a one on one well.Mebude has good pace and usually plays right side. Took his early goal well before moving to the right when Edozie went off. Always a threat for me and scores goals. Very good prospect again but not close yet to first team standard I dont think.
Borges is another real prospect as a left side attacking player like we had with Sancho and Braff. Very dynamic and quick with a bit of attitude and aggression. Got to like him and he was superb setting up the 2 goals in the 2nd half. Impressive with both that he found the right pass rather than being greedy and going for goal himself.
Agyemang was the substitute when Edozie went off. Went straight to center forward and for me seeing him for the first time looked really good. Built like and old fashoined ceter forward. Good touch and awareness and a great finish for his goal.

Suffice to say I enjoyed the trip out

Nice one Doug.
Saw the result but great to have a report
nottsblue

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:36 pm

Sounds positive. The scouting system still continues with our very good production line. Let's hope 1 or 2 flow through into the 1st team
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:54 am

Appreciate your report Doug. Looks like a quite a few will be still be loaned out - Edozie, Kayke, Delap and Bobb amongst others have all been linked but hopefully enough talented lads will remain to keep up the EDS extraordinary record of success this season.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:12 am

Sounds like a relatively young side for Under-21s.

Thanks for the report, Doug.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:17 pm

Cheers for taking the time to post DH, especially as one or two here don't appreciate your insight, personally i appreciate it & hope the tossers won't stop you continuing now you've remembered your password ;)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:22 pm

Thanks Doug. Really appreciate the update.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:45 pm

Mase wrote:Thanks Doug. Really appreciate the update.

I think I will just delete this from my Bookmarks 'https://www.mancity.com/citytv/eds-academy' https://www.mancity.com/citytv/eds-acad ... s-63795576 and just add Doug's reports instead.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum