EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:10 pm

In pursuit of global peace and understanding I see we are bringing a new spiritual dimension to the Academy

Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:In the sprit of global understanding I see we are bringing a new spiritual dimension to the Academy

We've signed a Rabbi? Can he do Saturdays?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:In the sprit of global understanding I see we are bringing a new spiritual dimension to the Academy

We've signed a Rabbi? Can he do Saturdays?

:-)

if he can't, I will. They are pretty tasty
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Watch on youtube.com

thought it kicked off at 7 :geek:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

thought it kicked off at 7 :geek:

It did. City 0-1 down after 6'.
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:thought it kicked off at 7 :geek:

It did. City 0-1 down after 6'.

I see it on OS City Now - still behind after half an hour
http://www.mancity.com/en/News/listing/ ... e=all-news
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:54 pm

1-1 80th minute Cameron Humphreys equalises
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:07 pm

So that's 3 home games for the EDS and each one I would put down as disappointing. A win against Arsenal 1 nil but a fairly dour game and we were probably a bit lucky to hang on.

Then the scum came along and parked a couple of buses and went away with a draw. Uyd thay night i though were awful but we didn't have enough guile to break them down apart from a Diaz equaliser. Tonight against Leicester it was more of the same with Leicester more intent on stopping us than going for goals.

It probably didn't help they scored so early from a corner but it could have been even earlier when Tosin tried a shocker of a pass from the 6 yard box to the penalty spot and got it wrong.The shot was deflected. As ever one of the most notable things was that Leicester seemd to be a team of giants compared to our lot and I also thought they had a few over age players around but their size might have made me think that.

First half we were not very good and simple first touch and passing just wasnt there. A few good moments but nothing clear. The second half was better and more and more we created opportunities but that final ball wasnt there. Plenty of times in good crossing positions but Nemane (on for Dilrosin at half time), Maffeo and Angelino didn't get it right.

The goal came from a well worked corner that went out and back in centrally and found Leicester trying to get out but all over the place leaving Humphreys with plenty of space to finish very coolly from just inside the box. Another well worked corner saw maffeo with an acrobatic volley onto the top of the bar but somehow we didnt really look like scoring again to me.

Leicester all but gave up attacking in the 2nd half but it was that final ball which let us down. Diaz was largely ineffective tonight and it was Fernandez who looked the most likely. nemane had the beating of his full back when he came on but that final pass eluded him. Angelino played well forward but his crossing was mostly crap.

Kongolo was almost invisible as a creative attacking threat even if he did help win the midfield and keep the ball moving. so 3 home game , 1 goal in each and disappointing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So that's 3 home games for the EDS and each one I would put down as disappointing. A win against Arsenal 1 nil but a fairly dour game and we were probably a bit lucky to hang on.

Then the scum came along and parked a couple of buses and went away with a draw. Uyd thay night i though were awful but we didn't have enough guile to break them down apart from a Diaz equaliser. Tonight against Leicester it was more of the same with Leicester more intent on stopping us than going for goals.

It probably didn't help they scored so early from a corner but it could have been even earlier when Tosin tried a shocker of a pass from the 6 yard box to the penalty spot and got it wrong.The shot was deflected. As ever one of the most notable things was that Leicester seemd to be a team of giants compared to our lot and I also thought they had a few over age players around but their size might have made me think that.

First half we were not very good and simple first touch and passing just wasnt there. A few good moments but nothing clear. The second half was better and more and more we created opportunities but that final ball wasnt there. Plenty of times in good crossing positions but Nemane (on for Dilrosin at half time), Maffeo and Angelino didn't get it right.

The goal came from a well worked corner that went out and back in centrally and found Leicester trying to get out but all over the place leaving Humphreys with plenty of space to finish very coolly from just inside the box. Another well worked corner saw maffeo with an acrobatic volley onto the top of the bar but somehow we didnt really look like scoring again to me.

Leicester all but gave up attacking in the 2nd half but it was that final ball which let us down. Diaz was largely ineffective tonight and it was Fernandez who looked the most likely. nemane had the beating of his full back when he came on but that final pass eluded him. Angelino played well forward but his crossing was mostly crap.

Kongolo was almost invisible as a creative attacking threat even if he did help win the midfield and keep the ball moving. so 3 home game , 1 goal in each and disappointing.

Thanks for that Mr H.

A good report and very informative.

Can you put your finger on what's not quite going right for us at the moment, or is it a lot of different things ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:11 am

My first thought to that question is the manager and even more so when you see the difference a good manager makes to a team (Pep of course compared to Pellers) I don't know but I feel Simon Davies isn't a good manager and i wish Jason Wilcox had hands on management control of the team..

Other than that it's a difficult question. It's not that we are not competitive because we are but I have this feeling we should be a bit better even though it's a relatively young team compared to most. We have got rid of plenty of the more experienced players like Ash Smith Brown, Barker,Celina, 2 Garcias (one to the first team of course) which will play it's part as well.

Watching last night we had the majority of the game against a team of giants in comparison.I suppose the fact that we created all sorts of situations and near things , especially in the 2nd half as Leicester backed off, suggests it wasn't all bad and it was just the composure and quality in the final third that was lacking. Can that be just down to the inexperience of youth and snatching at things.

Looking at individuals last nights I thought very few played close to their best. Dilrosun I thought was very poor and ineffective but Nemane who replaced him at half time was much brighter with literally the final ball missing. Brahim had a quiet night and I wondered if it could be down to the high of Wednesday getting some first team time. It can be a flat time straight after that and returning to play in an empty stadium.

So overall its nothing really to worry about in terms of the individuals out there.They are quality players and some will definitely make it at a very good level but they are young and still learning and especially so when teams come and park the bus.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So that's 3 home games for the EDS and each one I would put down as disappointing. A win against Arsenal 1 nil but a fairly dour game and we were probably a bit lucky to hang on.

Only the goalscorer Benalouane was overage (29). All the others were 20 or younger.

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/09 ... 3/2300147/

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/england/l ... u23/37159/
Justified logic

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:46 pm

U18s won again today. this time it's a 4-0 win over Sunderland with Sanchez coring twice, he is the next one to make his debut. Probably next season in the league cup.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Only the goalscorer Benalouane was overage (29). All the others were 20 or younger.

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2016/09 ... 3/2300147/

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/england/l ... u23/37159/

Wow big tho wern't they? I thought the number 5 looked about 30 as well
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:U18s won again today. this time it's a 4-0 win over Sunderland with Sanchez coring twice, he is the next one to make his debut. Probably next season in the league cup.

who is he? first time I've heard his name
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:U18s won again today. this time it's a 4-0 win over Sunderland with Sanchez coring twice, he is the next one to make his debut. Probably next season in the league cup.

That's because it's a typo. It's Jadon Sancho and he is a truly magnificent player to watch. You have heard about Brahim Diaz, well this guy Sancho is potentially better. Plays from the left wing has total confidence , mesmeric feet and a great eye for a goal. I absolutely love watching him play and he is going to be a star.

We got him from Watford a couple of years ago and paid at least a million then. He is 16 now and he plays for england
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

That's because it's a typo. It's Jadon Sancho and he is a truly magnificent player to watch. You have heard about Brahim Diaz, well this guy Sancho is potentially better. Plays from the left wing has total confidence , mesmeric feet and a great eye for a goal. I absolutely love watching him play and he is going to be a star.

We got him from Watford a couple of years ago and paid at least a million then. He is 16 now and he plays for england

ah Sancho. only seen him on highlights and read about him and he sounds so exciting next time I'm over I'm hoping I could catch a game to just to see him play.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

66k was the initial fee I believe. i hate this phone for its predictive changes. I did indeed mean jadon Sancho
Wonderwall

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Brahmin Diaz signs his first professional contract. Nice
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:38 pm

U19s v Celtic 5pm BT1
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Also on here for those without BT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq33b5OeJDc
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum