Nasri Out for 3 to 4 weeks

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Nasri Out for 3 to 4 weeks

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:25 pm

In regards to the criticism of Navas, I don't think he was ever meant to be a player who gets 90 minutes week in and week out. He was bought to be a plan B or a joker to throw in at the end of tight games or to surprise opposing managers by using an unexpected tactical set up.
City is a possession based team, and Navas doesn't fit that set up. He's now being played more than he "should" due to ininjuries, etc.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:39 pm

mr_nool wrote:In regards to the criticism of Navas, I don't think he was ever meant to be a player who gets 90 minutes week in and week out. He was bought to be a plan B or a joker to throw in at the end of tight games or to surprise opposing managers by using an unexpected tactical set up.
City is a possession based team, and Navas doesn't fit that set up. He's now being played more than he "should" due to ininjuries, etc.

I think he is supposed to go with someone like Negredo too, both being a plan B from Mancini's system with no proper wide player or traditional cf. Navas last season fell off considerably when Negredo went strange.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:In regards to the criticism of Navas, I don't think he was ever meant to be a player who gets 90 minutes week in and week out. He was bought to be a plan B or a joker to throw in at the end of tight games or to surprise opposing managers by using an unexpected tactical set up.

I think he is supposed to go with someone like Negredo too, both being a plan B from Mancini's system with no proper wide player or traditional cf. Navas last season fell off considerably when Negredo went strange.

That's very true. This season he's not even had Dzeko to aim for most of the time. Hopefully Bony can be a boost for Navas. But that said, I suspect he will become a bit part player again once Nasri is fit again and Yaya is back.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That's very true. This season he's not even had Dzeko to aim for most of the time. Hopefully Bony can be a boost for Navas. But that said, I suspect he will become a bit part player again once Nasri is fit again and Yaya is back.

Probably an opening for several players to prove themselves once Bony arrives. Kolarov too; see if he can provide the right crosses for him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:39 pm

I like Nasri.

I like Jesus also.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I like Nasri.

I like Jesus also.

And Jesus loves you too.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I like Nasri.

I like Jesus also.

And Jesus loves you too.

*smiling*
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:36 pm

MP suggesting Sami may be fit for tomorrow. It's probably bench at best but it's looking good for Hull next week. Manga is also close but I can't see him starting ahead of MDM.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 pm

South Stand Balti wrote: Manga is also close but I can't see him starting ahead of MDM.

should start ahead of vinny not MDM, tbh.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:MP suggesting Sami may be fit for tomorrow. It's probably bench at best but it's looking good for Hull next week. Manga is also close but I can't see him starting ahead of MDM.

he shouldn't play more than 15-20, or better yet none at all. MP has to have noticed that he's rushed players back too early out of desperation and it's not gone well
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 pm

I agree, use him from the bench, its a big boost for us though

Manchester City news conference
Manuel Pellegrini

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is hoping that French attacking midfielder Samir Nasri could return for the top-of-the table match after a groin injury.
"Samir has worked normally in the last couple of days," says the Chilean. "Maybe it's too soon but we will see if he can be on the bench."
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I agree, use him from the bench, its a big boost for us though

Manchester City news conference
Manuel Pellegrini

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is hoping that French attacking midfielder Samir Nasri could return for the top-of-the table match after a groin injury.
"Samir has worked normally in the last couple of days," says the Chilean. "Maybe it's too soon but we will see if he can be on the bench."

That seems to be the first bit of good news we've had for a little while now.

Most encouraging and uplifting.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum