kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Fucking shite and he cost us YET AGAIN.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:40 pm

He's been poor all season, at fault for both their goals
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:46 pm

All true, but Zabba & Demichelis were equally shit & either could have cost us, at pretty much any time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes , not the calm influence he used to be . One goal was bad luck but still could have been defended better but the other was totally amature defending by Vinny , no need for the lunge , out of position , lost shape , bang in the back of the net .........fucking hopeless !!! Pique made 3 or 4 top quality blocks tonight just by staying solid and keeping his shape .......... TAKE NOTE VINNY FFS !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:All true, but Zabba & Demichelis were equally shit & either could have cost us, at pretty much any time.

But they didn't cost us did they..Kompany did , just like he costs us the 2 goals Barca scored against us the last time we played them.

Kompany is a fuckign liability and has been since the cunt came back from injury , there is no other way to describe his performances other than inept,,,Ive lost count of the amount of points hes cost us so far...but its double figures.

And let me say Demi saved us in the first few minutes when messi broke free.....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:All true, but Zabba & Demichelis were equally shit & either could have cost us, at pretty much any time.

But they didn't cost us did they..Kompany did , just like he costs us the 2 goals Barca scored against us the last time we played them.

Kompany is a fuckign liability and has been since the cunt came back from injury , there is no other way to describe his performances other than inept,,,Ive lost count of the amount of points hes cost us so far...but its double figures.

And let me say Demi saved us in the first few minutes when messi broke free.....

Carl your right, he needs a Rewire as for Zabba and Glichy both had mares and imho need to be back up to top class full backs.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Carl your right, he needs a Rewire as for Zabba and Glichy both had mares and imho need to be back up to top class full backs.

Kompany is not more of a liability than Zabba or Demi. It's just that we expect him to be much better, & currently he isn't. But he made fewer mistakes than those two in 90 mins. And just because he does fuck up, doesn't mean they can't rescue it. They didn't.

Next season is a big one for all our fullbacks. They have to be better than this season, or none of them really deserve to survive as first choice. I think Clichy needs to play every week. He's great once he settles, then shite once he's been rested. But it's rare he's as bad as Zabba, & that's the case tonight.

It's not just 1v1; Zabba is frequently out of position & Kompany knows it, & that isn't helping him either.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:03 am

Nothing much more to add to this argument form what I said last time we were picking on Kompany.
He's not been good, but to blame the mess solely on him is missing the point, I think. There is a much bigger malaise in our team as a defensive unit.
He wasn't as bad as some make out, but they were all pretty shocking at times.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:39 am

I think both Zabaletta and Kompany have been poor this season, all season. However, I wouldn't give up on either just yet for reasons already noted. At the moment, however, they are both a major concern and could cost us the chance of winning a trophy this season. Pellegrini may have to bite the bullet on both soon.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby bayblue » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fucking shite and he cost us YET AGAIN.

Who'd you take instead??
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:25 am

What has been our most successful central defensive partnership this season?

I have it in my head that it was thise 5 or 6 games with mangala and demi?
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 am

Original Dub wrote:What has been our most successful central defensive partnership this season?

I have it in my head that it was thise 5 or 6 games with mangala and demi?

I think you are probably right, but those two v Messi Suarez etc, are not going to get through the evening without us shitting ouselves on several occasions.

Also, I think we had our own 'Barca' style setup when they were playing, which meant Milner working twice as hard as Aguero & the midfield all pushed up pressing the opposition. Dropping Aguero & Dzeko & playing that last night would have probably taken a lot of pressure off the defence.

But nobody would ever have the guts to do that, if Aguero was fit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 am

Under par again last night, as hes largely been since returning from his latest injury.

A genuinely class player who is having a real dip in form.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:43 am

Kompany did not have a mare last night, not much you could do about either goal. Defence was packed for the 2nd and it was a split second piece of brilliance from Hannibal. The first was a lucky rebound and swinger with his left. You cannot lambaste Kompany for the two goals they scored, however, IMO you can give him a dressing down for his lack of leadership last night. The 2nd goal went in and Hart went ballistic to the whole team, Kompany said fuckall and that is not what I want to see from my Captain, I want to see the desire return and the man become out leader once again.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:Kompany did not have a mare last night, not much you could do about either goal. Defence was packed for the 2nd and it was a split second piece of brilliance from Hannibal. The first was a lucky rebound and swinger with his left. You cannot lambaste Kompany for the two goals they scored, however, IMO you can give him a dressing down for his lack of leadership last night. The 2nd goal went in and Hart went ballistic to the whole team, Kompany said fuckall and that is not what I want to see from my Captain, I want to see the desire return and the man become out leader once again.

First Hannibal what a show if u refer to tv show and i don't get small ratings, second Kompany have mare whole season, When Demi look better so much , then u know hes form is in coma. I never saw him before playing so stupid , making mistakes where whole defense go out like a brick . And yes hes leadership is lacking to.I would rather see Mangala next game .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Kompany did not have a mare last night, not much you could do about either goal. Defence was packed for the 2nd and it was a split second piece of brilliance from Hannibal. The first was a lucky rebound and swinger with his left. You cannot lambaste Kompany for the two goals they scored, however, IMO you can give him a dressing down for his lack of leadership last night. The 2nd goal went in and Hart went ballistic to the whole team, Kompany said fuckall and that is not what I want to see from my Captain, I want to see the desire return and the man become out leader once again.

First Hannibal what a show if u refer to tv show and i don't get small ratings, second Kompany have mare whole season, When Demi look better so much , then u know hes form is in coma. I never saw him before playing so stupid , making mistakes where whole defense go out like a brick . And yes hes leadership is lacking to.I would rather see Mangala next game .

Wonderwall

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:03 am

Hr hardly comes out with anyting, Maybe he reads Carl's posts, he got done for the second for me, we talk it big we need to deliver big time at Anfield no excuses now. Captain with nothing to say during a game like last night start to worry me in a massive week for City !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 pm

I think he has got himself in a right mess for the 2nd goal, shows his judgement is fucking way off anyway.

The images below show the stages of the goal, including the position of the winger, defenders and Suarez. Whilst Demichelis was caught flat footed, Kompany's role in this is really a concern to me.

Because of the 3 defenders in front of him, he will never be in a position to influence play regardless how it develops, the ball isn't going to magically flow through 3 defenders to reach him. Which begs the question, what is he doing there if he hasn't got his eye on at least two of the attackers behind him, or if he isn't moving to cut out the ball going across goal.

He had two opportunities to break that attack down, one decision would be to cut the cross out early by taking a step towards goal, and one to use awareness around him to get there in advance of Suarez' run. He missed them both daydreaming - everyone else moved in those frames, he stood on the same spot completely static throughout

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Even worse when he lunged in 5 secs previous to this , totally out of position and reckless !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I think he has got himself in a right mess for the 2nd goal, shows his judgement is fucking way off anyway.

The images below show the stages of the goal, including the position of the winger, defenders and Suarez. Whilst Demichelis was caught flat footed, Kompany's role in this is really a concern to me.

Because of the 3 defenders in front of him, he will never be in a position to influence play regardless how it develops, the ball isn't going to magically flow through 3 defenders to reach him. Which begs the question, what is he doing there if he hasn't got his eye on at least two of the attackers behind him, or if he isn't moving to cut out the ball going across goal.

He had two opportunities to break that attack down, one decision would be to cut the cross out early by taking a step towards goal, and one to use awareness around him to get there in advance of Suarez' run. He missed them both daydreaming - everyone else moved in those frames, he stood on the same spot completely static throughout

ImageImageImageImage

I can see the school of thought, but IMO Suarez was more MDM's man than Vinnys. I suppose its all about opinion. What we can agree on is the racist cannibals movement is 1st class.
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum