kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:19 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Jaysus....I thought I'd stumbled back onto Bluemoon. What the hell has happened to this thread.....do I need to backtrack a few pages.

Its just an interlude , lets see how the cunt performs against Chelsea and we can carry this thread on again.
In the meantime.................

Carry on. Don't mind me.

not seen it. any good?

Babs Windsor gets her baps out.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 am

Dameerto wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Jaysus....I thought I'd stumbled back onto Bluemoon. What the hell has happened to this thread.....do I need to backtrack a few pages.

Its just an interlude , lets see how the cunt performs against Chelsea and we can carry this thread on again.
In the meantime.................

Carry on. Don't mind me.

not seen it. any good?

Babs Windsor gets her baps out.

Is that the one where Babs asks at the bar for a double entendre, so Sid gives her one.
I seem to remember there was a lot of innuendo and out the other in that one.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Racist....

Just wondering what your take is, on criticism of players on forums such as this. Do other players read the likes of this and is there a club policy on players participating on social media such as twitter and the likes.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby twosips » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm

They're only human. I bet one or two have browsed City forums at some point in their own time.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:05 pm

twosips wrote:They're only human. I bet one or two have browsed City forums at some point in their own time.

Well I hope Kompany has read this fucking thread and taken note !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
twosips wrote:They're only human. I bet one or two have browsed City forums at some point in their own time.

Yes because this thread has been a great help to him hasn't it? He's read the thread and thought "carlthefattycunt thinks I'm playing shit. I'd better stop playing shit then."

Of course being two weeks back from injury has nothing to do with it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yes because this thread has been a great help to him hasn't it? He's read the thread and thought "carlthefattycunt thinks I'm playing shit. I'd better stop playing shit then."

Of course being two weeks back from injury has nothing to do with it.

If he did read this thread ,pound to a penny he would have skipped over your fuckign drivel , you fuckign Ginger!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Looking at Barca tonight we could get a pasting, breath taking on the break.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Looking at Barca tonight we could get a pasting, breath taking on the break.

Atleti have been wide open though & aren't very good when not stood in 2 lines. Plus Barca have been caught open themselves quite a bit.

All depends on whether we turn up & play properly or not. If we do, they'll get a game, if we don't we'll lose easily.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Looking at Barca tonight we could get a pasting, breath taking on the break.

I really believe they are going to dick us so hard. It could be the footballing equiv of waterboarding if we set it up wrong.

Hope to hell I'm just a negative prick.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

I really believe they are going to dick us so hard. It could be the footballing equiv of waterboarding if we set it up wrong.

Cheers

If we had played them a few weeks ago I recon we would of shit all over them. Depends how it all looks when the time comes.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:25 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Just wondering what your take is, on criticism of players on forums such as this. Do other players read the likes of this and is there a club policy on players participating on social media such as twitter and the likes.

Myself would always take criticism personally but I'm a soft arse. I'm not sure if in the men's game they read forums but I imagine they know what is said in the press. You only have to look at Maureen's reaction last night to know that there aware of what is said.

City have very strict rules about social media and what you say. You can not bring the club into disrepute by writing silly tweets etc. Seeing as I don't play for them anymore thought I am free to do as I please on social media.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Atleti have been wide open though & aren't very good when not stood in 2 lines. Plus Barca have been caught open themselves quite a bit.

All depends on whether we turn up & play properly or not. If we do, they'll get a game, if we don't we'll lose easily.

Counter attack against 11 after conceding inside a minute, they were scary, this is now a stroll, against a nasty AM.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

If we had played them a few weeks ago I recon we would of shit all over them. Depends how it all looks when the time comes.

Agreed. We need some injuries to get back to our best apparently.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Come the weekend Komps will play a blinder have Drogba in his pocket and lead the team to victory. He will be the Captain Komps and folk will be drooling over his leadership and die hard attitude.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 pm

I think at least one of Aguero & Kompany getting genuinely fit is a big factor in whether the season finishes in a flurry of excitement, or a damp squib. Plus, what impact Bony has.

If it's a big impact, then imo we will win the league as the usual 'stop City' tactics will suddenly not work anymore. Just maybe that will spread into Europe if it works.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Messi has survived the night of a thousand kicks, Where did Costa come from, as for the chucking of a boot at the liner, holy shit what the fuck was that about !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Myself would always take criticism personally but I'm a soft arse. I'm not sure if in the men's game they read forums but I imagine they know what is said in the press. You only have to look at Maureen's reaction last night to know that there aware of what is said.

City have very strict rules about social media and what you say. You can not bring the club into disrepute by writing silly tweets etc. Seeing as I don't play for them anymore thought I am free to do as I please on social media.

I'd imagine they can't avoid the media, but I was wondering if what their own fans write about them actually gets to them, as in, finds it's way into the dressing room. Regarding forums and the likes do you know of any other players, present or ex-players, that engage like that.
Sister, you seem to be the only one with your name in yellow...... That has to be an honour in itself.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I'd imagine they can't avoid the media, but I was wondering if what their own fans write about them actually gets to them, as in, finds it's way into the dressing room. Regarding forums and the likes do you know of any other players, present or ex-players, that engage like that.
Sister, you seem to be the only one with your name in yellow...... That has to be an honour in itself.

Paul Lake also has his name in yellow and 27 posts to his name.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:06 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Don't get her started. You've got a tiger by the tail.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum