kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:26 pm

I've absolutely no idea what any of that ha to do with Denayer playing at cb.

But he's not especially big, or well built, & is gradually coming to terms with being able to fight for a ball in the air & do enough to stop various Scottish cfs from getting in a clean header. He is learning well & getting better at it every week.

But if he played cb vs Stoke tonight, Crouch would destroy him in the air, no matter what kind of ball came in, & we'd probably lose. Same if Zabaleta tried to play there. No contest.

If Denayer is going to play as one of the cbs for City next season, that's the kind of thing he will have to learn to handle, by getting his body in the way etc, as he's never ever going to beat a player like that in a straight challenge. He's a hell of a lot better at that now, than he was early season, when Van Dijk & the fullback used to take it in turns to come over and protect him. So maybe by next season, he will be better still.

But if not, & he started at City playing rb or def mid, he can continue improving without being a liability to the team. And also get used to the pace. i imagine he's better in the air than most right backs, apart from Micah, so it would be a good place to learn & then see if he can move central.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I've absolutely no idea what any of that ha to do with Denayer playing at cb.

But he's not especially big, or well built, & is gradually coming to terms with being able to fight for a ball in the air & do enough to stop various Scottish cfs from getting in a clean header. He is learning well & getting better at it every week.

But if he played cb vs Stoke tonight, Crouch would destroy him in the air, no matter what kind of ball came in, & we'd probably lose. Same if Zabaleta tried to play there. No contest.

If Denayer is going to play as one of the cbs for City next season, that's the kind of thing he will have to learn to handle, by getting his body in the way etc, as he's never ever going to beat a player like that in a straight challenge. He's a hell of a lot better at that now, than he was early season, when Van Dijk & the fullback used to take it in turns to come over and protect him. So maybe by next season, he will be better still.

But if not, & he started at City playing rb or def mid, he can continue improving without being a liability to the team. And also get used to the pace. i imagine he's better in the air than most right backs, apart from Micah, so it would be a good place to learn & then see if he can move central.

Trust Ted, set up work hard stop crosses, hmm another day for that debate ?take a chance, my beef is we have the older players to introduce the likes of Denayer, Barca I know again hey are doing it with Alacantra's brother in an area of the pitch they have had the best of the best Rafinia is getting game time, Scousers have ditched a 20 mill centre back Lovren for a spell and gambled, form of the team has improved, Chan has done it in a new league after all he is a MF player. City seem to have a blind spot for the talent getting a right good crack at it in the 1st team, IMHO this season hooking half a dozen might have given them the break the lazy cunts so much need. We need a win tonight and we have to get it or the season is fooked.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 pm

important game for the adopted manc lad...

let's hope he has a good performance.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 pm

I can sense Carl hovering over the submit button waiting for vinny to misplace a pass lol
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Can't wait for him to drop a bollock today so everyone can blame Mangler. Watch.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He was already shagged out during the World Cup, due to having to do the whole season pretty much on his own last time.

Hopefully he gets his legs back next season. If not we have a problem.

Given how fucking great was when he came on against Liverpool in the EDS game I honestly think Maffeo could be ready in a year or so. He was brilliant. Changed the whole game - like a little Zaba clone. Denayer too as discussed the other day could defo handle it and excel.

I think we could solve the problem basically.

I think you are right.

But Zabba is Zabba.

World wouldn't be the same if he wasn't playing regularly.

i thought Denayer was a CB.

cheers

He is, but his only fault, if he has one, is that he's only a kind of Jovetic sized dude. Not even John Terry/Nastasic size.

But he is fast, great at tackling, skilled & intelligent. So we recon he could do Zabba or Fernando's job, possibly sooner, than he would do Kompany's.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I've barely seen him play.obvs.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:45 pm

He was outheaded and we conceded......that goes down to another direct fuck up from our glorious captain....Im sure somone will blame someone else and not sir fuckupalot.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He was outheaded and we conceded......that goes down to another direct fuck up from our glorious captain....Im sure somone will blame someone else and not sir fuckupalot.

I'm pretty sure you target central defenders and goalkeepers, because you simply don't know shit about football and when they make mistakes it's clear for all to see.

I do agree that Kompany has been shaky as fuck this season (that along with our whole defense). However, in this case Kompany's man was Moses. Zabaleta was marking Crouch and totally let him go.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:13 pm

YESYESYES!

Oops wrong thread
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He was outheaded and we conceded......that goes down to another direct fuck up from our glorious captain....Im sure somone will blame someone else and not sir fuckupalot.

I'm pretty sure you target central defenders and goalkeepers, because you simply don't know shit about football and when they make mistakes it's clear for all to see.

I do agree that Kompany has been shaky as fuck this season (that along with our whole defense). However, in this case Kompany's man was Moses. Zabaleta was marking Crouch and totally let him go.

Your wrong again you little fuckign retarded munchkin...he was outheaded, its there for all to see....get those fuckign pint pot glasses of yours changed you fuckign midget.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Your wrong again you little fuckign retarded munchkin...he was outheaded, its there for all to see....get those fuckign pint pot glasses of yours changed you fuckign midget.

He can't reach he cross, He's not outheaded.
You really are as stupid as you come across.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby one man army » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:51 pm

ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

You've had your Lescott glasses reprogrammed to Kompany mode.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:01 pm

one man army wrote:Image

hart look like a fucking donkey, which is accurate.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I put the same in the game thread. Add to that that Mangala didn't know where Moses was, Vinny could see him so was drawn to him. Zabba could see Crouch and let him go. Hart did nothing. Kolarov made no effort to stop the cross. The whole of the defence are shakey these days and not a cohesive unit. Blaming one person means you are being lenient on the rest of them, I would say.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He can't reach he cross, He's not outheaded.
You really are as stupid as you come across.

Stupid ?????? I'm obviously much fuckign smarter than you in every department that life has to offer , you little mutant shite........Ive probably sacked a dozen or so little shits like you over the years, they tend to hide in cracks and arseholes, but I find them eventually, and send them to HR to collect their fuckign last pay cheque...............you are not even worth jousting with,Id rather joust with a fuckign tub of cow dung.

Wanker.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I put the same in the game thread. Add to that that Mangala didn't know where Moses was, Vinny could see him so was drawn to him. Zabba could see Crouch and let him go. Hart did nothing. Kolarov made no effort to stop the cross. The whole of the defence are shakey these days and not a cohesive unit. Blaming one person means you are being lenient on the rest of them, I would say.

No ,no ! Sorry guys.. The organiser in the defense, Kompany must delegate properly.

Our defense is all over the place.

Even i could sort that effing mess out ... it is amateur with a capital AM.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

No ,no ! Sorry guys.. The organiser in the defense, Kompany must delegate properly.

Our defense is all over the place.

Even i could sort that effing mess out ... it is amateur with a capital AM.

He's Captain...yes, but I'd argue that The Goalkeeper has some responsibilty in the organisation of his defence. You're right that our defence is all over the place and you're right that Kompany was poor again at times. What you and a few seem to be saying though is that everyone else playing crap is his responsibility. If Hart ever left his six yard area to collect bread and butter balls out of the air, I think you'd find the whole defence would be far more confident.
Those that think Kompany is past it will think it regardless, but tonight is not the night to dwell on the negatives.
Give it a break for one night and come back and slaughter him tomorrow.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Another poor performance for Vinnie today! Unbelievable his lack of form, what's happen to our captain?
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Simple, getting back to full strength and needs somebody beside him to give him the confidence.

Pellers doesn't help him here at present but it may be a building block for the future. Pellers maybe forcing it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum