kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Amazing how a player who has been classed as the best in the world is now just another also ran, after a period of instability. Worse for me is that Blues jump on the bandwagon rather than understanding the basics of football. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I think if you read back through my posts on this matter, you will see that my tongue is very firmly planted in my cheek.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Amazing how a player who has been classed as the best in the world is now just another also ran, after a period of instability. Worse for me is that Blues jump on the bandwagon rather than understanding the basics of football. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

The basics of football are: the rags spend over £200 million in the last year and are out of all competitions on Monday; on Tuesday, City are in crisis.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

The basics of football are: the rags spend over £200 million in the last year and are out of all competitions on Monday; on Tuesday, City are in crisis.

Very true, I still can't believe that the Tranny/*insert world class players name here story wasn't rolled out after the Arse defeat.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Very true, I still can't believe that the Tranny/*insert world class players name here story wasn't rolled out after the Arse defeat.

I was expecting a transfer story, too.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm

I think you will find its only some City fans who are classing him as world class mate...........hes being slagged off by all and sundry across the tabloids and not only at home..........and quite right too as hes probably cost us the title all on his own , as simple as that.

FFS even his own players are venting their spleen at him...so its not a witch hunt mate , hes just getting a slagging off for continually playing SHITE and conceding goals.

Also , I wish the cunt went back to fuckign basics instead of trying to take on players and fouling them CONTINUOUSLY outside the fuckign penalty area.

Rant over...for now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Ahh...yeah i remember when Vincent won that Ballon d'Or. What a special night!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Ahh...yeah i remember when Vincent won that Ballon d'Or. What a special night!

cheers

Pmsl.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think you will find its only some City fans who are classing him as world class mate...........hes being slagged off by all and sundry across the tabloids and not only at home..........and quite right too as hes probably cost us the title all on his own , as simple as that.

FFS even his own players are venting their spleen at him...so its not a witch hunt mate , hes just getting a slagging off for continually playing SHITE and conceding goals.

Also , I wish the cunt went back to fuckign basics instead of trying to take on players and fouling them CONTINUOUSLY outside the fuckign penalty area.

Rant over...for now.

That's not a rant, pussy!

He's been shit and that's for a reason, which I hopefully explained. However, I did say 'Form is temporary, Class is permanent'; what if it is that Vinny was just in form?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Rant over...for now.

He's been shit and that's for a reason, which I hopefully explained. However, I did say 'Form is temporary, Class is permanent'; what if it is that Vinny was just in form?

If you have 2 years good 'form', and 3 years bad 'form', does that not just make you simply inconsistent?

You said 'after a period of instability', but he's been poor for a long, long time, in fact well into Mancini's reign, he was making elementary mistakes, and in our first title season, Lescott was the better defender. So that makes it, in fact nearly 3 or 4 years that he's been iffy.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Rant over...for now.

If you have 2 years good 'form', and 3 years bad 'form', does that not just make you simply inconsistent?

You said 'after a period of instability', but he's been poor for a long, long time, in fact well into Mancini's reign, he was making elementary mistakes, and in our first title season, Lescott was the better defender. So that makes it, in fact nearly 3 or 4 years that he's been iffy.

We have 4, yes 4 years now. Any advance on 4. Can I have a 5. Can someone give me 5 years of shite. Nobody. That's 4 years then going once, twice, sold to Sparticus at the back of the stand.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:16 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Rant over...for now.

Yet he's been classed as one of the best in the world (not by yourslelf of course) for the last few years. Figures?

I thought he was class under Mancini, and last year under Pellers, but this year he has been more than inconsistent, he's looked out of place. Any defender depends on the people around him and like you I though Lescott had more of a say in our first PL title win but that doesn't mean that Vinny wasn't of the same ilk. Pellers this year seems determined that you can change a partnership every game, and not just in defence. The holding midfield is non-existent, leaving the back 2 overly exposed, and wit the plan of a high-line and trying to knick the ball away it makes for poor viewing.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:04 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Rant over...for now.

Yet he's been classed as one of the best in the world (not by yourslelf of course) for the last few years. Figures?

I thought he was class under Mancini, and last year under Pellers, but this year he has been more than inconsistent, he's looked out of place. Any defender depends on the people around him and like you I though Lescott had more of a say in our first PL title win but that doesn't mean that Vinny wasn't of the same ilk. Pellers this year seems determined that you can change a partnership every game, and not just in defence. The holding midfield is non-existent, leaving the back 2 overly exposed, and wit the plan of a high-line and trying to knick the ball away it makes for poor viewing.

Vinny did an interview last year where he was saying the Defending under Pellers is much more difficult than it was under Mancini, as Peller style of play is expansive attacking football which exposes the defence. Pellers needs to work out how to combine the defensive side into his free flowing attacking style.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum