League Cup Semi Finals 2nd Leg | 27-28 Jan 15

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: League Cup Semi Finals 2nd Leg | 27-28 Jan 15

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:08 pm

blues2win wrote:Mourning says he doesn't know the name of the Sky pundit because he switches off TV when he sees him. Not doing himself any favours with written press. Rodgers had a go at Costa after the match.

If scouse fans are their usual selves, they won't let this lie.

It's not just about our game though imo. It's about all the games. I'd be happy enough with a draw there, but even if we lost, it's not over & if Costa is missing, they could easily hand us back the points in the next game..

Mourinho keeps going to the same faces most of the time & if it works all season, he is very very lucky. What happened with Fabregas, should be happening. We have had more than our share of injuries, but he's had nowhere near his share. I expect a bit more good fortune for us in that regard, & when the last part of the season kicks in, I expect we will see Pellegrini put out almost the same side every game.

Let's see what Mourinho has left by then. i remember his team limping to their demise when the rags won it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mourning says he doesn't know the name of the Sky pundit because he switches off TV when he sees him. Not doing himself any favours with written press. Rodgers had a go at Costa after the match.

It's not just about our game though imo. It's about all the games. I'd be happy enough with a draw there, but even if we lost, it's not over & if Costa is missing, they could easily hand us back the points in the next game..

Mourinho keeps going to the same faces most of the time & if it works all season, he is very very lucky. What happened with Fabregas, should be happening. We have had more than our share of injuries, but he's had nowhere near his share. I expect a bit more good fortune for us in that regard, & when the last part of the season kicks in, I expect we will see Pellegrini put out almost the same side every game.

Let's see what Mourinho has left by then. i remember his team limping to their demise when the rags won it.

It's going on a loop on SSN. Henry and Redknapp calling both stamps violent conduct. Have to say I don't know what Cascarino was watching.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Brentan may well be a fraud. And he may also have foreshortened Balotelli's career, but he just nailed Costa beautifully (ending his comment with 'he would have been sent off had the officials seen it'). Respect.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:13 pm

The papers are very bad for Costa. Full of headlines about the stamping and suggesting the FA will likely take action. I think he's fucked tbh. Fabregas has a tweak on his hamstring. Told Mourinho 'I'm not injured but I will be in a few minutes'.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It's going on a loop on SSN. Henry and Redknapp calling both stamps violent conduct. Have to say I don't know what Cascarino was watching.

He's a Chelsea fan making money out of being an ex-Chelsea player. So he was watching his arse.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He's a Chelsea fan making money out of being an ex-Chelsea player. So he was watching his arse.

Should have mentioned. Paul Walsh agreed with him about the penalty and the stampings. Called it a yellow card.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Lamps » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Pains me to say it as a Chelsea supporter but Diego Costa was a disgrace last night for those two stamps. I was talking to a couple of Liverpool fans on my train home last night and they said if that was Luis Suarez he would have have got a six match ban. I could not disagree.
Lamps
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Chelsea
My favourite player is: Frank Lampard

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Lamps wrote:Pains me to say it as a Chelsea supporter but Diego Costa was a disgrace last night for those two stamps. I was talking to a couple of Liverpool fans on my train home last night and they said if that was Luis Suarez he would have have got a six match ban. I could not disagree.

Suarez would never have trodden on his food.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Slim wrote:
Lamps wrote:Pains me to say it as a Chelsea supporter but Diego Costa was a disgrace last night for those two stamps. I was talking to a couple of Liverpool fans on my train home last night and they said if that was Luis Suarez he would have have got a six match ban. I could not disagree.

ha ha, almost better than the oversized birthday card one.....almost!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

Runner up post of the year?

I think it's good we get all of this out of the way in January.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:

Runner up post of the year?

I think it's good we get all of this out of the way in January.

Second class? Delivery slightly suspect and there was a chance it could have gone missing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Lamps » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Is it snowing up north? I was just thinking about tonight's semi final between Sheffield United and Tottenham. An early goal for the Blades would make it interesting. I was surprised how comfortably United handled Tottenham last week. In my opinion Pochettinio has made a big mistake bringing Adebayor back into the team because it means they have to play Harry Kane in a deeper less effective role.
Lamps
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Chelsea
My favourite player is: Frank Lampard

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Lamps wrote:Is it snowing up north? I was just thinking about tonight's semi final between Sheffield United and Tottenham. An early goal for the Blades would make it interesting. I was surprised how comfortably United handled Tottenham last week. In my opinion Pochettinio has made a big mistake bringing Adebayor back into the team because it means they have to play Harry Kane in a deeper less effective role.

its blowing a gale and plenty of hailstones but no snow yet in Manchester, mind you that means nothing as we had no snow here when the blades game was postponed due to safety concerns the other week.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Lamps wrote:Is it snowing up north? I was just thinking about tonight's semi final between Sheffield United and Tottenham. An early goal for the Blades would make it interesting. I was surprised how comfortably United handled Tottenham last week. In my opinion Pochettinio has made a big mistake bringing Adebayor back into the team because it means they have to play Harry Kane in a deeper less effective role.

It's threatening to snow at the moment, (I'm close to the South Yorkshire border) wouldn't surprise me if it was coming down around match time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:14 pm

WOW that's a good FK!!!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Meanwhile in Spain, Torres has scored again!

Atleti 1 Barca 1 (1-2 on aggregate) if anyone's interested
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Ooh cheers.

I can't handle watching a game where I actually want Spurs to win.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Suarez is warming up to full cheat level in time for when they play us. Odious little twat.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Funny old game this football. Sheffield need to get third before extra time or they'll lose imo. That small break, if Spurs get there, will allow them to organise themselves again
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Sheffield Utd must be gutted right now.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum