Paddy Vs Manuel

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Paddy Vs Manuel

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 pm

This must be a question circling in many blues minds, would Paddy be getting better results managing the first team

If you see how he speaks to the kids how they respond to him and how they play as team, what could he do with the first team?

In no way am I saying sack MP but the recent poor performances not results, half arsed individual player efforts and last but not least, corners and set pieces at both ends, could/would Paddy make a/the difference?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Paddy Vs Manuel

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:32 pm

This must be a question circling in many blues minds, would Paddy be getting better results managing the first team

To be totally honest, I hadn't thought of it. We are clearly in a slump but to go all Neville and say that there are serious problems with the manager or the chemistry between the manager and the squad is a bit rash. For me at least.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Same Coca, not something that even crossed my mind.

The kids look up to Paddy no doubt but there's a big difference between star struck kids and seasoned proffesionals.

Maybe in time but certainly not now.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Spurge » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Bluedj wrote:This must be a question circling in many blues minds, would Paddy be getting better results managing the first team

If you see how he speaks to the kids how they respond to him and how they play as team, what could he do with the first team?

In no way am I saying sack MP but the recent poor performances not results, half arsed individual player efforts and last but not least, corners and set pieces at both ends, could/would Paddy make a/the difference?

on the basis that pellers won 2 trophies last season in what was his first season at the club, the fact that we are well in the hunt where defending our premier league crown is concerned and are in the last 16 of the champs league under his guidance for the second successive season - er then no it hadn't crossed my mind
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:13 pm

I find the assumption that Vieira will be a top manager at City just because he was a world class player a strange one. It's like our owners were assured that Vieira would be a future City manager so we must put that plan into operation, regardless.

United have had many world class players that tried management after spending years under Ferguson. None have reached the same level of success in management.

I'm struggling to think of any world class players from any club who have reached the same level in club management.

World class managers are as rare as world class footballers. We need the best manager he doesn't need to have been a City player.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Spurge wrote:
Bluedj wrote:This must be a question circling in many blues minds, would Paddy be getting better results managing the first team

on the basis that pellers won 2 trophies last season in what was his first season at the club, the fact that we are well in the hunt where defending our premier league crown is concerned and are in the last 16 of the champs league under his guidance for the second successive season - er then no it hadn't crossed my mind

We were also just about the best team in the country at corners last season & didn't concede from one in the first half of this season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:I find the assumption that Vieira will be a top manager at City just because he was a world class player a strange one. It's like our owners were assured that Vieira would be a future City manager so we must put that plan into operation, regardless.

United have had many world class players that tried management after spending years under Ferguson. None have reached the same level of success in management.

I'm struggling to think of any world class players from any club who have reached the same level in club management.

World class managers are as rare as world class footballers. We need the best manager he doesn't need to have been a City player.

Guardiola? Pearce? Rijkaard?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:45 pm

I 100% believe that Paddy will be a great manager. For City....I dunno. But if so we are going bout it in the right way.

Manuel needs to get his undead stare going and scare some cunts into upping the ante here. Otherwise he can fuck off. And I'm not ungrateful or spoiled. Like it or not we are one of the teams that will likely chop and change managers every 2-3 years to freshen things up. I'm fine with that when the results aren't there. The Count is a classy fucker. I think he'll have Big Rubes with a lead pipe in the changing room before Chelsea.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:53 pm

If Pellegrini goes, then unless the new manager is ordered to build a side using some of the kids, we will lose almost all of them.

Prefer him to stay & be ordered to start introducing them next season.

lt's very unfair imo to blame him for what's happening at the moment. He has never had the chance to properly build his own side; what he did with Navas & Negedo revolutionised our play, but that went pear shaped due to no fault of his. Full tilt Negredo would have had Arsenal & Boro for fucking breakfast.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If Pellegrini goes, then unless the new manager is ordered to build a side using some of the kids, we will lose almost all of them.

lt's very unfair imo to blame him for what's happening at the moment. He has never had the chance to properly build his own side; what he did with Navas & Negedo revolutionised our play, but that went pear shaped due to no fault of his. Full tilt Negredo would have had Arsenal & Boro for fucking breakfast.

Still puzzled by the Beast's sitch. Makes less and less sense further away from the actual move.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:09 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If Pellegrini goes, then unless the new manager is ordered to build a side using some of the kids, we will lose almost all of them.

Still puzzled by the Beast's sitch. Makes less and less sense further away from the actual move.

Cheers

What I heard is that his wife told him to move back to Spain or she would go on her own and take the kids. I fully admit that I do not exactly have my finger on the pulse here.

My view of it is that he did the right thing and the club did the right thing letting him go if those are the circumstances. I feel sorry for them all. I hope they are all happy. I know myself what homesickness is like. Some things, i.e. family, are far more important than a game of bloody football.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 am

Vieira will need a lot more experience before getting a job like City's. Maybe when he is in his mid-fifties. We could send him to one of our feeder clubs for a bit. Perhaps arsenal.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 am

As good as Patrick clearly is it would still be a big risk to throw him in at the deep end....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:05 am

I think it's a little early for Paddy V his next move should be to number 2 IMHO under either Anchovies or Pep.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 am

with fuck all left to play for now, why don't we just let the eds play the rest of the season's premier league with paddy managing?
the first team squad could go on a global promo tour?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:08 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:with fuck all left to play for now, why don't we just let the eds play the rest of the season's premier league with paddy managing?
the first team squad could go on a global promo tour?

the "FFP Smashed" Tour.

Not unreasonable. Who is the drinks sponsor?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Bild running that Pep might leave Bayern a year early...
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Return to The Maine Football forum