We don't need to win this competition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We don't need to win this competition

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:jesus wept!!!!!! ignoring what our beloved joe did or didn't say, the bigger issue (as sparty has rightly pointed out) is that we've allowed our senior players to repeatedly fuck off these cup competitions instead giving our EDS kids even a look in. it's fucking criminal and pelle should be made to answer for it.

Put yourself in his shoes and how would you handle the supposed quota of silverware which the media says he has to fulfil? IF it exists then you have a better chance of winning the competitions with seasoned experienced players (not that they actually played like seasoned players in the second half) - which is what we've seen from his lineups. He went balls deep in the League cup when we fucked that up, and he went balls deep in the FA cup when we got away with it, then fucked it up as well. The lineups suggest he is taking everything seriously.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:jesus wept!!!!!! ignoring what our beloved joe did or didn't say, the bigger issue (as sparty has rightly pointed out) is that we've allowed our senior players to repeatedly fuck off these cup competitions instead giving our EDS kids even a look in. it's fucking criminal and pelle should be made to answer for it.

Put yourself in his shoes and how would you handle the supposed quota of silverware which the media says he has to fulfil? IF it exists then you have a better chance of winning the competitions with seasoned experienced players (not that they actually played like seasoned players in the second half) - which is what we've seen from his lineups. He went balls deep in the League cup when we fucked that up, and he went balls deep in the FA cup when we got away with it, then fucked it up as well. The lineups suggest he is taking everything seriously.

So then are you saying the players attitude is lacking?

This is the issue, it has to either be the player mentality or the manager/club's - if you accept what Joe said as being 'somebodys' viewpoint on the FA cup for example, then if it isn't the club's, do we have players who aren't showing the same commitment as Pellegrini?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

So then are you saying the players attitude is lacking?

This is the issue, it has to either be the player mentality or the manager/club's - if you accept what Joe said as being 'somebodys' viewpoint on the FA cup for example, then if it isn't the club's, do we have players who aren't showing the same commitment as Pellegrini?

I'm saying I don't know what the problem is, but that a longhaul flight so soon before a game wont help (that still leaves the other performances though) - I don't think it is entirely Pellegrini's fault if indeed any of the fault is his, and I'm not taking that out of context clip into consideration at all (and wont be watching it).
(I do tend to be a bit of an apologist where City is concerned though).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:1. He could be talking about golf, darts, pool, anything in the fucking world. From the facial expressions he is clearly not being serious, whatever he is talking about.

2. If I go to a bank and say to my mate next to me, "Fuck me, I'm skint. I could do with a few bob", does that make me a bank robber?

Come on mate, you're an intelligent guy. He specifically said 'we don't need to win this competition'

With all the best will in the world, arguing he is talking about darts, the world titty wobbling contest etc, are you wilfully ignoring the high likelihood that he was talking about Manchester City, in the context that he was at Manchester City, in Manchester City's tunnel, with members of the Manchester City team and coaching staff, whilst heading out to an FA Cup match.

I admire your attempt to deflect through loyalty, but it deflects from the wider issue of why he would say this and where that mentality has come from - which, in light of performances takes on a far wider significance than what Joe actually said

so you believe that an editor, a producer and probably a QA manager all watched that video....heard what Joe said....and, understanding it to be related to actual fucking football, decided "Fuck my job, and the club i work for, and the reputation of our keeper...i'm putting this up on the OS."

Amazing stuff dude.

He's CLEARLY in my opinion absolutely NOT talking about football. What group of three goalies walks down the tunnel and openly laughs with another of their teammates, in clear view of a videographer, while talking shit on the oldest club competition in football?

Your thoughts and viewpoints are salacious.

Do you work on Sunday Suppository as well? It's the kind of shit they're good at when it comes to City. Don't help them do their muck-loving job for them.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 pm

A non-story for me but it begs the question, why did we play so bad in the 2nd half of each match.

You never know, maybe when they set the new contracts, they forgot to include bonus payments for the domestic cups.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:1. He could be talking about golf, darts, pool, anything in the fucking world. From the facial expressions he is clearly not being serious, whatever he is talking about.

2. If I go to a bank and say to my mate next to me, "Fuck me, I'm skint. I could do with a few bob", does that make me a bank robber?

Come on mate, you're an intelligent guy. He specifically said 'we don't need to win this competition'

With all the best will in the world, arguing he is talking about darts, the world titty wobbling contest etc, are you wilfully ignoring the high likelihood that he was talking about Manchester City, in the context that he was at Manchester City, in Manchester City's tunnel, with members of the Manchester City team and coaching staff, whilst heading out to an FA Cup match.

I admire your attempt to deflect through loyalty, but it deflects from the wider issue of why he would say this and where that mentality has come from - which, in light of performances takes on a far wider significance than what Joe actually said

John mate, I am not willfully doing anything. I genuinely have got no idea what he is referring to due to lack of context. Give me the sentence before or the one after and I can be hugely more certain. There is some laughter about though, which makes me think it is not work-related. I am not being willful when I say that people talk about things other than work when they are at work. He could be quoting someone else, telling a story, there are loads of things that could be happening, just one of which is him talking about City. You seem to be blinkered in ignoring any other possibility.

The manager and numerous players have said the opposite to this sentiment in the last two seasons. Repeatedly.

I don't have any problem at all with you raising the point at all.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:17 pm

There's a world titty wobbling context and I was only just informed?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Herb » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:11 pm

I hate to say it but, on the balance of probability, I think he said it.
I don't think that he meant to be overheard and embarrass himself and the the club like he did - I think he just has very bad timing.
My deeper worry is that his ponderous speed of thought doesn't help much in a goalkeepers task . . as we see so regularly.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:05 am

Herb wrote:I hate to say it but, on the balance of probability, I think he said it.
I don't think that he meant to be overheard and embarrass himself and the the club like he did - I think he just has very bad timing.
My deeper worry is that his ponderous speed of thought doesn't help much in a goalkeepers task . . as we see so regularly.

I think it's his complete lack of thought that bothers me more.

Watch on youtube.com
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:20 am

Joe has prollee 5x the amazing saves aa those shit performances show... But on that evidence you'd wonder how he could get into any top team.

Herbtastic.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum