Costa stamps

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Costa stamps

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Absolutely true Hazy.
Costa has got away with murder this season. He has been given a pass by the press that was never afforded to Mario. And yet I swear Mario was a saint compared to this vile dirty sneaky bastard. It seems if the media are on your side, anything goes.

Well they're onto him now. he misses three and when he's back I'd hazard a guess that referees won't be as hesitant to book him or send him off.
It'll be interesting to see how he is treated until the end of the season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:08 pm

guardian actually has two articles out now on mourinho (and costa's) antics:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... -liverpool - Campaign against Chelsea? More like a José Mourinho campaign against everyone

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... iego-costa - José Mourinho ramps up Chelsea’s siege mentality amid Diego Costa row
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Chelsea cancel tomorrow's pre match Press Conference. Sulking because of the Costa decision. Trying to build a siege mentality as a motivator for Saturday; ie everyone's against us.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:40 pm

SSN .....

Costa to CONTEST violent conduct charge !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:42 pm

All this does is draw attention to Costa and makes it all a bigger deal meaning he's more likely to be pulled up on it again. He's a bloody idiot
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 pm

This is an odd one. In this case it makes no sense whatsoever to contest.
Unless Chelsea know something we don't know.

Very strange indeed...
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Press Association have just announced this news via SSN .....

Diego Costa to contest FA charge of violent conduct with full support of Chelsea FC .

WTF ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I hope he gets an extra match ban for a frivolous appeal. Oliver already looked at the video and concluded it was not accidental. All Costa can say is it was. It wasn't.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:48 pm

There are zero grounds for appeal. None. Zero.

An extra game should be added for a frivolous appeal based on Chelsea thinking its not fair their snidey centre forward got caught.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:50 pm

blues2win wrote:I hope he gets an extra match ban for a frivolous appeal. Oliver already looked at the video and concluded it was not accidental. All Costa can say is it was. It wasn't.

Real strange one this , Oliver agreed stamp was straight red so why are they contesting knowing if they lose he will miss the cup final ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:There are zero grounds for appeal. None. Zero.

An extra game should be added for a frivolous appeal based on Chelsea thinking its not fair their snidey centre forward got caught.

The 2nd stamp was arguably more blatant as he looked down to make sure he didn't miss! Maybe because he didn't seem to look down on the first one he will argue it was a pure accident. Had both been put forward as dangerous play he wouldn't have bothered appealing
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Simple this, Jose has to have a fight, Pellers will not take his bait, so the horrible fucker that Jose is starts his We are hated bollocks, Roman will see him off sooner than last time me thinks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Probably a sulk job from Mourinho & instructed the appeal in the middle of a tirade. As I've said before on here, I don't believe that this version of Mourinho is cool & calculating. I think he changed when he was working in Italy & Spain & is now just a nasty, miserable, mental case who just pretends to be the old 'charming' Mourinho.

If we stick with Chelsea in the race, he will self combust by the end of the season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:57 pm

'Siege mentality', also known as being a mard-arse.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:59 pm

City64 wrote:
blues2win wrote:I hope he gets an extra match ban for a frivolous appeal. Oliver already looked at the video and concluded it was not accidental. All Costa can say is it was. It wasn't.

Real strange one this , Oliver agreed stamp was straight red so why are they contesting knowing if they lose he will miss the cup final ?

City
Villa
Everton
Burnley
Spurs - Cup final

I hope they give him a 2 game extra ban!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Lamps wrote:Was to be expected. Snidey cowardly stamps and I'm a Chelsea fan. I always think how would I feel if that was an opposition player did it to one of ours. I love him as a forward but i cannot defend that.

What's the overall opinion of Chelsea supporters on how this has developed, particularly with the appeal going in. It wouldn't be fair to compare him with Ballotelli when he was with us, who got a lot of support from City fans even when he'd do something stupid. For a start Costa scores a lot more. He'll be a big loss to you.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:

City
Villa
Everton
Burnley
Spurs - Cup final

I hope they give him a 2 game extra ban!

Cool , so do I .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Lamps wrote:Was to be expected. Snidey cowardly stamps and I'm a Chelsea fan. I always think how would I feel if that was an opposition player did it to one of ours. I love him as a forward but i cannot defend that.

What's the overall opinion of Chelsea supporters on how this has developed, particularly with the appeal going in. It wouldn't be fair to compare him with Ballotelli when he was with us, who got a lot of support from City fans even when he'd do something stupid. For a start Costa scores a lot more. He'll be a big loss to you.

It will be quite interesting to know what the massive intellect known as 'romans_bridge' makes of all this........on the other hand, it's virtually guaranteed it won't be interesting at all.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

It will be quite interesting to know what the massive intellect known as 'romans_bridge' makes of all this........on the other hand, it's virtually guaranteed it won't be interesting at all.

No I'm waiting for 'me ould mate Roman' to come back after Saturday's match, should we beat them. This was specifically geared towards Lamps, who seems quite level-headed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:26 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

No I'm waiting for 'me ould mate Roman' to come back after Saturday's match, should we beat them. This was specifically geared towards Lamps, who seems quite level-headed.

Spoken like a true cockney.....

Apologies for the insult.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum