Away Fans voting with their Feet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Away Fans voting with their Feet

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Just looked at the next couple of Home games against Hull and Newcastle and notice they have both sent half of their allocation back.
I dont blame them for the stupid prices City have been charging this season, you see what happens when you charge a decent price, Sheff Weds, Middlesbrough and Newcastle all brought a big 5k-6k following. Yet we come to the league games on a saturday afternoon and City charge stupid prices and the away fans stay away. This gives City the chance to give more tickets to home fans for stupid prices, we have already seen that fans are not a cash cow and its been pretty evident recently that we are also starting to stick two fingers up to the extortionate prices.

As far as the away fans go, I think we will always have a full allocation against Arsenal, Chelsea, Rags, Liverpool and Everton (maybe spurs). However, apart from that, I cant see any other team unless its a really important game for them (european qualification or relegation scrap).

The club needs to rethink the stupid ticket prices IMO. I know I have had a rant about this before, but its getting worse, not better. Someone needs to lead the way on prices for away fans and set a precedent that an away ticket for any team at any ground in any competition should be £25 adults and £12.50 OAP/U16.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Away Fans voting with their Feet

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Not only are the matchday prices at City stupid, they need to get rid of that god awful "Cityzens" scheme.

Let me get this right MCFC, you want a family of 4 (hubby/wife/2kids) to pay you £120 to join a membership scheme, to give you the right to then queue to buy a ticket from you at £45-£55 a time? What an absolute load of old shit.

And don't get me started on the Platinum and Gold extra £50 bollocks either. Ill never buy a Platinum seasoncard on principal that its a fookin con to crowbar more money and play on fans wishes to get Cup final tickets.

City have a hard core of about 38 - 40k, who will go no matter what, The rest float depending on the game, the cost or whats at stake but the club are starting to take the piss and it will bite them in the arse. There'll be no more Champions League games for me after this season due to the cost/pisstake and if it keeps rising, domestic Cup games will go too. A lot of the fans, irate at whats going on were among those with their hands up and hands in their pockets when the club was going to shit in the mid 90s, and again in 2006/7; sadly a large percentage of the type of supporters the club is now courting on a larger scale wouldn't be anywhere near City but for the success of the past 5 years. If it goes to shit again, they'll be off the bandwagon faster than Costa stamping on a defenders leg when no-ones looking.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Not only are the matchday prices at City stupid, they need to get rid of that god awful "Cityzens" scheme.

Let me get this right MCFC, you want a family of 4 (hubby/wife/2kids) to pay you £120 to join a membership scheme, to give you the right to then queue to buy a ticket from you at £45-£55 a time? What an absolute load of old shit.

And don't get me started on the Platinum and Gold extra £50 bollocks either. Ill never buy a Platinum seasoncard on principal that its a fookin con to crowbar more money and play on fans wishes to get Cup final tickets.

City have a hard core of about 38 - 40k, who will go no matter what, The rest float depending on the game, the cost or whats at stake but the club are starting to take the piss and it will bite them in the arse. There'll be no more Champions League games for me after this season due to the cost/pisstake and if it keeps rising, domestic Cup games will go too. A lot of the fans, irate at whats going on were among those with their hands up and hands in their pockets when the club was going to shit in the mid 90s, and again in 2006/7; sadly a large percentage of the type of supporters the club is now courting on a larger scale wouldn't be anywhere near City but for the success of the past 5 years. If it goes to shit again, they'll be off the bandwagon faster than Costa stamping on a defenders leg when no-ones looking.

I have taken the stance that next season I am not joining the cup schemes like I did this season, I will choose to pay for the games in my own time and also go to the ones I want to. This will also take some of the hassle out of home life too when she sees all the money going out out the account for games that are not being played for a month!!
Wonderwall

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Not a chance will I bother with the schemes. The club toss em off so can I. Has anyone got an idea on increases for next season . East Level 2 £1250.00 was a load of bollocks rumour I hope.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Not a chance will I bother with the schemes. The club toss em off so can I. Has anyone got an idea on increases for next season . East Level 2 £1250.00 was a load of bollocks rumour I hope.

Someone mentioned a grand to me for my East level 2 seat next year. Not sure who. £840 this year I think. If they go to a grand now I can see the roads being very quiet around the ground next season.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Third tier will be full as will be North and South Stands, as they will be cheapest.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:32 pm

ALL clubs are taking the piss with the price of football.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:45 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:ALL clubs are taking the piss with the price of football.

Horrible to say, but my rag brother said after they lost to York City 0-3, now we know the domestic cups are toilet paper to the club flushed away as quick as they can. I never thought I would see that at City, we are it looks like there though, and it is only a mug who cannot see that. Disgusting TBH.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:ALL clubs are taking the piss with the price of football.

Horrible to say, but my rag brother said after they lost to York City 0-3, now we know the domestic cups are toilet paper to the club flushed away as quick as they can. I never thought I would see that at City, we are it looks like there though, and it is only a mug who cannot see that. Disgusting TBH.

City will charge 800 quid for the percieved cheaper parts of the ground soon enough.
Middle tier will be a 1000-1200 the new third tier seats will be cheap to begin with then creep up towards the 500 notes mark.

My first season ticket at The Etihad was £364 same seat is now near £700 if i did all the schemes which i dont the outlay would taking the piss even without a pint.

Footy aint cheap.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:11 pm

After they took the piss with the CSKA game, I left the CL scheme and decided not to go to the Bayern game on principle. I was expecting to go to Barca, especially if it was half term and take the kids like last year, however, it's in school time and £50 for me. I can afford £50, but not being on the cup scheme made me think about it and I decided I'd rather watch it on TV and keep the money.

That's a different way of looking at it for me and I won't go on the cup scheme for the CL again, which means I probably won't bother with at CL games. Trying to cash in is great when there's loads of tourists who want to go, but let's see how many want to go to West Brom at home on a Tuesday etc. The club hasn't attracted enough glory hunters yet to start annoying those who've been there for a long time. My season ticket in the family stand is still great value, but when we're no longer eligible, I won't be paying £600+ each to watch some millionaires kick a bag of wind about.

I've seen us win four things more than I ever thought we would. If that's all I get to see live, I'll still die a happy man.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 pm

In the south stand 1 adult 1 child under 900 notes I think is good value.

As for the away fans voting with their feet they should all complain to the board of their respective clubs as it is down to them for voting in FFP why our prices have gone up
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:57 am

Henry Winter has written an article backing FSF groups campaign for cheaper away tickets. I dont go to a lot of away games, but would love the price to come down for those who do go and for the fans coming to us so we get a good atmosphere too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... icket.html
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:15 am

Wonderwall wrote:Henry Winter has written an article backing FSF groups campaign for cheaper away tickets. I dont go to a lot of away games, but would love the price to come down for those who do go and for the fans coming to us so we get a good atmosphere too.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything he's ever written or said on SS, but he's on the money here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:24 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Henry Winter has written an article backing FSF groups campaign for cheaper away tickets. I dont go to a lot of away games, but would love the price to come down for those who do go and for the fans coming to us so we get a good atmosphere too.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything he's ever written or said on SS, but he's on the money here.

Really ? I think he's often ok.

I think the Premier League should try to encourage/force all clubs to slash ticket prices, for home fans too. If they can bring in ridiculously illegal bollocks like ffp, then they can find a way of doing that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:

Really ? I think he's often ok.

I think the Premier League should try to encourage/force all clubs to slash ticket prices, for home fans too. If they can bring in ridiculously illegal bollocks like ffp, then they can find a way of doing that.

agree
winter is one of the few credible football writers out there
a free thinker not agenda driven like most of the other cunts
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:35 am

When we were at Hull this year, they charged 50 sniffis. Up from 35 last season.
The game before and the game after they played Stoke and Palace. The tickets were less than £20. The crowd was lowest for our visit.
Is that a good deal for their fans against weaker oppo or complete twatting opportunism to charge more when the big sides rock up?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:When we were at Hull this year, they charged 50 sniffis. Up from 35 last season.
The game before and the game after they played Stoke and Palace. The tickets were less than £20. The crowd was lowest for our visit.
Is that a good deal for their fans against weaker oppo or complete twatting opportunism to charge more when the big sides rock up?

this is exactly the sort of stat I would imagine happens at grounds around the country, stupid fat cat chairman trying to cash in to their own clubs detriment
Wonderwall

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:08 am

How is it that when clubs are raking money in they decide to up the price of tickets rather than keep them still?

With excessive TV deals changing the landscape of English football you'd think that they'd want to give a bit back to their supporters but instead they price more and more supporters out which then allows for the glory hunters, who can afford it, to take over their seats. Eventually you end up with more 'Libraries' as the well-off out number the long standing fan.

I've also just been listening to the radio and the news that the new round of bidding has gone into the PL. Again, they are looking at another bumper deal that will filter down to the clubs giving them even more money. We can now see why most of the turkeys voted for Christmas with the introduction of PL FFP, but will we see the supporter getting any benefit whatsoever from this package, I very much doubt it.

Whether it be home or away tickets, the average fan is being taken for a ride.

Prices are a joke, it's as simple as that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby deluded blue » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 am

Agree that something needs to be done. I live in Bedfordshire and I come to home games as often as I can but unless I stay with family it's getting way too expensive. Although saying that, I did come to the Middlesborough debacle and only cost £35 for me, the mrs and my daughter so that was good value. A league game would have been 3 times the cost, maybe more.
deluded blue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Herb » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:24 am

Contrary to the views expressed by those agast at the thought of paying real world prices to see world class players, I think the prices are very fair indeed.
I pay £820 for a padded seat in CB2, which is far less than an Arse fan would pay for a similar perch.
In recent seasons we've won a shelf full of major honours and paid less per goal scored than fans of any other PL side

I have some honest sympathy for fans who can't afford current prices but what would they have us do - sell all the talent so that prices can be reduced at the cost of further success? No way, I'm loving our success so IMO if you want to pay Rochdale prices then go watch Rochdale.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum