Costa Ban - He's contesting the Red Card

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Costa Ban - He's contesting the Red Card

Postby Sue Perb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Chelsea are contesting the red card for Costa's stamp, very interestingly the FA are fast-tracking the appeal hearing to tomorrow, so if necessary he can be banned for our game!!!!!!

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//9686848

Nice one FA, they can see Chelski's tactic, as could everyone!

Mourinho will be furious - everyone's got it in for him, Costa and Chelski!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: Costa Ban - He's contesting the Red Card

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 pm

I think now all red cards if contested are fast tracked so they will if guilty will miss the next three games, b4 if contested it would be a week later so clubs would do this
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Sue Perb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:I think now all red cards if contested are fast tracked so they will if guilty will miss the next three games, b4 if contested it would be a week later so clubs would do this

Poo, I thought this was a particular bespoke action, just for Mourinho & Chelski!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Sue Perb

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Does that mean he can get an extra game if it's deemed frivolous or have they got rid of that rule now?

Even better if they decide to add the second stamp into it "we know the ref says it wasn't, but it was, so let's call it 7 games instead"
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Sue Perb wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:I think now all red cards if contested are fast tracked so they will if guilty will miss the next three games, b4 if contested it would be a week later so clubs would do this

Poo, I thought this was a particular bespoke action, just for Mourinho & Chelski!

If it's regarded as a frivolous appeal by the Cheating Chavs then Costa gets an extra game added to his ban. The bespoke action for the odious one was when Phil 'where's the chippy' Dowd advised mourinho he was being watched by TV cameras when he was berating the ref at half-time during their last game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sue Perb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Does that mean he can get an extra game if it's deemed frivolous or have they got rid of that rule now?

Even better if they decide to add the second stamp into it "we know the ref says it wasn't, but it was, so let's call it 7 games instead"

Do you sell dodgy, overpriced cars? Ha ha ha loved this comment!
Last edited by Sue Perb on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sue Perb

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:58 pm

if he gets an extra game then he misses the game against Burnley, I am sure Mourinho wont mind that as long as he gets his afternoon of airplay on SSN
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sue Perb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Sue Perb wrote:

If it's regarded as a frivolous appeal by the Cheating Chavs then Costa gets an extra game added to his ban. The bespoke action for the odious one was when Phil 'where's the chippy' Dowd advised mourinho he was being watched by TV cameras when he was berating the ref at half-time during their last game.

It was frivolous, I 'eard him say; "let's put in a frivolous appeal", it was 'yer Honour, honest, and he also said "feck the TV cameras watching me!"

Sue Perb

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Hes gonna win. You cant prove intent with that video
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 pm

This is not a criminal trial. You only have to prove on the balance of probabilities. Guilty as charged. What gives him hope is that the match referee found him guilty and a panel is looking at it tomorrow. Normally a panel looks at it and then would assess the appeal.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Rat boy and Lineker supporting Costa. Collymore strongly against. He just got a horrible racist tweet for his pains.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:53 pm

I could be being even more paranoid than normal, but something is way off here.

The fact that oliver said the first stamp was the one that he would have sent him off for was strange enough, in that he could have easily said he didn't see the second one, which he definitely didn't... as well as for the second stamp, costa was looking right where he was stamping iirc?

Now that the second one has been dismissed by the ref and the first goes to a panel, is it more likely that the panel can let him off this, more so than if it had been the second?

I'll say it again, something isn't right.

it makes no sense that they would appeal unless they've been given the heads up on something
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 pm

If the ref says that he would have sent him off, then the panel must follow. Can't imagine any situation where they would ask a ref after the event, charge a bloke, then let him off.

It would basically mean calling the ref a twat was the whole purpose.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:I could be being even more paranoid than normal, but something is way off here.

The fact that oliver said the first stamp was the one that he would have sent him off for was strange enough, in that he could have easily said he didn't see the second one, which he definitely didn't... as well as for the second stamp, costa was looking right where he was stamping iirc?

Now that the second one has been dismissed by the ref and the first goes to a panel, is it more likely that the panel can let him off this, more so than if it had been the second?

it makes no sense that they would appeal unless they've been given the heads up on something

Absolutely.

For my money, I can see the FA chickening out and letting him off completely.

They'll merely consider telling him he's been a naughty boy and not to do it again....then again, they might not even do that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:16 pm

seems like an odd decision.

colour me concerned that jose will get what he wants.

however, costa cannot play against us, i am assuming, unless they decide to completely lift the card, which would be mad.

i cannot believe the skirtel stamp can be seen as anything other than intentional either, still.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I could be being even more paranoid than normal, but something is way off here.

Absolutely.

For my money, I can see the FA chickening out and letting him off completely.

They'll merely consider telling him he's been a naughty boy and not to do it again....then again, they might not even do that.

Highly probable, however I do think he has brought attention to himself this time around and he is going to have to deal with that from now on whether he gets a ban this time or not. I think he will be watched for diving and cheating more closely and at some stage he will get his comeuppance.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sue Perb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:33 pm

How many of these retrospective red cards have been overturned, I suspect very few?

Sue Perb

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:42 pm

They would be seriously undermining the referee if they went to the trouble of asking his opinion on this, then end up telling him he would have been wrong to send Costa off.

The appeal is probably due to Chelsea believing they have sufficient grounds to do so, without it being declared 'frivolous' & getting an extra ban. Thus they can claim they are innocent victims when the punishment is handed out.

They may have been tipped off that they can appeal.

But it would be an outrage to go through this process & not charge Costa unless Chelsea could show that he was dazzled by a lazer beam or shot by a dart when it happened.

The refs' would all go spare.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:They would be seriously undermining the referee if they went to the trouble of asking his opinion on this, then end up telling him he would have been wrong to send Costa off.

The appeal is probably due to Chelsea believing they have sufficient grounds to do so, without it being declared 'frivolous' & getting an extra ban. Thus they can claim they are innocent victims when the punishment is handed out.

But it would be an outrage to go through this process & not charge Costa unless Chelsea could show that he was dazzled by a lazer beam or shot by a dart when it happened.

The refs would do as they are told.......as they always seem to do.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:They would be seriously undermining the referee if they went to the trouble of asking his opinion on this, then end up telling him he would have been wrong to send Costa off.

The refs would do as they are told.......as they always seem to do.

They would have no choice but believe me, they will be up in arms about it.

It would amount to letting everyone know the ref missed the incident, then letting everyone know that had he seen it, he would have got it wrong.

Why would they ask the ref, if they were going to disagree with him afterwards ? It would not make any sense. The only reason to ask him, is so that they can carry out the punishment he missed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum