Costa Ban - He's contesting the Red Card

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Costa Ban - He's contesting the Red Card

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:40 pm

The problem is they have a different system for the League Cup. Normally the Ref merely has to answer whether he saw the incident or not. If he didn't a panel looks at it and there's not much point in appealing to the same people. Here there is a different set of people looking at the appeal.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:They would be seriously undermining the referee if they went to the trouble of asking his opinion on this, then end up telling him he would have been wrong to send Costa off.

The appeal is probably due to Chelsea believing they have sufficient grounds to do so, without it being declared 'frivolous' & getting an extra ban. Thus they can claim they are innocent victims when the punishment is handed out.

They may have been tipped off that they can appeal.

But it would be an outrage to go through this process & not charge Costa unless Chelsea could show that he was dazzled by a lazer beam or shot by a dart when it happened.

The refs' would all go spare.

The refs would do as they are told.......as they always seem to do.

They would have no choice but believe me, they will be up in arms about it.

It would amount to letting everyone know the ref missed the incident, then letting everyone know that had he seen it, he would have got it wrong.

Why would they ask the ref, if they were going to disagree with him afterwards ? It would not make any sense. The only reason to ask him, is so that they can carry out the punishment he missed.

You're perfectly right Ted; I was just being heavy-heartedly cynical.

Having said that, in this instance I still expect the FA to completely cave in.

It'll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings and if they do fully pander to Mourinho, what sort of reaction (if any ??) might then ensue throughout football in this country.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:55 pm

The reaction from Mark Halsey which I quoted on here, was that Costa clearly stamped on the bloke, they would ask Oliver his opinion, he woukd tell them that he would have sent him off had he seen it, they would therefore get together & ban Costa.

Not seen anything which breaks from that procedure so far.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sue Perb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The reaction from Mark Halsey which I quoted on here, was that Costa clearly stamped on the bloke, they would ask Oliver his opinion, he woukd tell them that he would have sent him off had he seen it, they would therefore get together & ban Costa.

Sounds convincing Ted, it gets my vote, for how I believe it will play out tomorrow!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm wondering if the poisonous one has appealed this so he can try and cause some mischief for the ref with the panel. Anyhow, Costa is getting a ban, as sure as x is eggs.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:42 am

I see the petulant cunt has refused to do a pre-match pressed today in protest at the FA charging Costa.

What an utter cunt. Wonder if they can charge him for breaching their agreement with sponsors / sky?
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:48 am

The appeal will focus Chelsea away from the Bradford defeat and scraping past Liverpool, (when they may well have been down to 10 men).
They are trying to create a seige atmosphere of "injustice" with Jose and Chelsea against the "wicked" FA , referees and media.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:55 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:The petulant cunt has refused to do a pre-match pressed today in protest at the FA charging Costa.

What an utter cunt. Wonder if they can charge him for breaching their agreement with sponsors / sky?

Another simple way to deal with this.

Any manager refusing to do a pre match presser is suspended for that game.

Very simple stuff this.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:11 am

Original Dub wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:The petulant cunt has refused to do a pre-match pressed today in protest at the FA charging Costa.

Another simple way to deal with this.

Any manager refusing to do a pre match presser is suspended for that game.

Very simple stuff this.

Trouble is, at one point FergusScum stopped doing press interviews and, instead, sent out the charismatic Mike Phelan to parade in front of the cameras in his place.

The FA just let him get away with it, so they won't have the guts to do anything about Mourinho.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:12 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:I see the petulant cunt has refused to do a pre-match pressed today in protest at the FA charging Costa.

He is heading for melt down and Roman getting bored.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby feedthegreek » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The reaction from Mark Halsey which I quoted on here, was that Costa clearly stamped on the bloke, they would ask Oliver his opinion, he woukd tell them that he would have sent him off had he seen it, they would therefore get together & ban Costa.

think your right ted he will get banned imo, but deep down i think if oliver had seen it during the game, i dont think he would have sent him off, think about the henderson handball definitely a second yellow, lucas definitely a second yellow no action taken, murphy brought down in penalty box for fulham v the rags close to the end of the season, when we won it for the first time, no penalty, smalling handball stoke v rags this season no pen, for me oliver is a bottle job, and a coward ,and as only agreed to this decision after the match highlights have been shown to him and had no choice but to. plus 3 stonewallers penalties us v rags at home this season. supposed to be the best ref in premier league, one of the worst imo.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:I see the petulant cunt has refused to do a pre-match pressed today in protest at the FA charging Costa.

Does anyone other than the press actually give a shit if he does one or not?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:22 am

Scatman wrote:

Does anyone other than the press actually give a shit if he does one or not?

thats a good point, but I think its the principal of the special one doing what he wants and flouting the rules as usual, with complete contempt for evryone other than himself.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:45 am

Maureen's basically done a Taggart but on a major scale, banning all the press from attending. It does say a lot about the man and his childish ways.

I've noticed that even though the press lap it up, they've been a bit harder on him of late and he'd looked very uneasy when he's been questioned on certain incidents, giving the impression that he is in control but by his body language he looks to be trying to shy away.

Whatever though, he's a cunt and I wonder what's going through Abramovich's mind when he sees Maureen running the club as if it was his own?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:03 pm

BREAKING NEWS - Costa banned for 3 games including ours. All we need is Fabregas out and we've probably gott'm on a level playing field, tomorrow night!

Yessssss, I always had feeling this was going to be the outcome!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Sue Perb

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Sue Perb wrote:BREAKING NEWS - Costa banned for 3 games including ours. All we need is Fabregas out and we've probably gott'm on a level playing field, tomorrow night!

You been on the sherry, Perby? Clattenberg will still be playing for them :)
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:41 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Sue Perb wrote:BREAKING NEWS - Costa banned for 3 games including ours. All we need is Fabregas out and we've probably gott'm on a level playing field, tomorrow night!

You been on the sherry, Perby? Clattenberg will still be playing for them :)

Ha ha ha SSB, now that made me laugh out loud - lets smash 'm even with Clattenburg on their team!

I have a good feeling in my waters, and that's always a good sign!

Sue Perb

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:52 pm

suck it, Maureen.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Sue Perb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:suck it, Maureen.

........AND MAN UP 'YER BIG CHELSKI JESSE!

Sue Perb

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:suck it, Maureen.

ORIGIN/USAGE
Hebrew
PRONUNCIATION
maw-REEN/MAWR-een
MEANING
Rebellious woman

Maureen is an anglicisation of the Irish Gaelic Mairin, which ultimately derives from Mary. Mary is an English form of Maria, the name used in the New Testament, ultimately derived from the Hebrew name Miryam. There are several possible meanings of Miryam, some of them being: "lots of bitterness", "wished for child", "bitter", "rebellious". Mary is the name of different characters in New Testament, the most important ones being the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, and Mary Magdalene. The name has been extremely popular for centuries, especially among Christians.

Kind of suits him doesn't it?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum