***city v the ref, sorry v barca match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***city v the ref, sorry v barca match thread***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:20 am

this is what it, supposedly, is all about...

truth be told, i'm looking forward to midday on sunday more than i am tonight's game

fully expecting to be doing a lot of shouting at the tv later at shit refereeing and barca's rule bending

hopefully, we can rise above all that and deliver a decent performance (without the services of yaya)

for those going to the game, watch out for those crazy barca fans who travel in their thousands and create such amazing atmosphere.....

come on city!

fuck these cunts up!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: ***city v the ref, sorry v barca match thread***

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:this is what it, supposedly, is all about...

truth be told, i'm looking forward to midday on sunday more than i am tonight's game

fully expecting to be doing a lot of shouting at the tv later at shit refereeing and barca's rule bending

hopefully, we can rise above all that and deliver a decent performance (without the services of yaya)

for those going to the game, watch out for those crazy barca fans who travel in their thousands and create such amazing atmosphere.....

come on city!

fuck these cunts up!

There were about 200 of them making a "bit" of a noise in Albert Square before last seasons game , that was only after we wound the cunts up ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:49 am

Maybe the title should read "City V Bent Ref along with the Cheating Crying Diving brigade"
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Watching the games last week it seems as if the ref's are a bit more lenient in the tackle so I'm expecting the same tonight.

I really do think we can beat them tonight, and quite nicely too. They'e changed their style from ticka-tacka to a more forward game which may suit us with the right formation.

As always, when playing Barca, I'm going to be keeping an eye on the ref and it's pretty shit that I think the referee is a major part of the Barca plan.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dwaring » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 pm

I have a good feeling this morning. It's our time and we are about to make our presence know on the world stage. COME ON CITY!
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm

The 1st time the ref buys a dive we have to let him know Not tonight Twat head, I have a Barca membership, but they can suck my balls tonight. City with a fair ref and an honest 93 mins playing without any daft complicated plans will scare them to death. 5-0.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The 1st time the ref buys a dive we have to let him know Not tonight Twat head, I have a Barca membership, but they can suck my balls tonight. City with a fair ref and an honest 93 mins playing without any daft complicated plans will scare them to death. 5-0.

you support 2 teams?!

....are you phips in disguise?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Who is the ref tonight and where is he from. My main criticism of the refs we usually get appointed in UEFA is that they are weak, nobodies in the refereeing fraternity and above all else dispensable. I would hope that we get a strong recognised European referee that knows how to handle a game of this magnitude.
So who have we got?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Who is the ref tonight and where is he from. My main criticism of the refs we usually get appointed in UEFA is that they are weak, nobodies in the refereeing fraternity and above all else dispensable. I would hope that we get a strong recognised European referee that knows how to handle a game of this magnitude.
So who have we got?

a german...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... sh-8695107
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Felix Brych (born 3 August 1975) is a German football referee.

Based in Munich, Brych started refereeing in the Bundesliga in 2004 and was awarded his FIFA badge in 2007. He refereed his first senior international match in October that year, taking charge of Romania's 2–0 win over Luxembourg in UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying Group G. In February 2008, he was appointed to referee the 2007–08 UEFA Cup Round of 32 match between Panathinaikos and Rangers,[1] and in October 2008, he officiated the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League Group D match between Liverpool and PSV Eindhoven.[2] In October 2011 he officiated the Champions League Group C match between Manchester United and Oţelul Galaţi, where he was responsible for the controversial sending off of Nemanja Vidić.

He officiated the first leg of the 2011–12 Champions League semi-final between Chelsea and Barcelona, a match that finished with a win for the Blues over the defending champions. In August 2013 he officiated an international friendly between England and Scotland at Wembley Stadium, and on 14 May 2014 he refereed the 2014 UEFA Europa League Final and was severely criticised for benefiting Sevilla.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:19 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Felix Brych (born 3 August 1975) is a German football referee.

Based in Munich, Brych started refereeing in the Bundesliga in 2004 and was awarded his FIFA badge in 2007. He refereed his first senior international match in October that year, taking charge of Romania's 2–0 win over Luxembourg in UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying Group G. In February 2008, he was appointed to referee the 2007–08 UEFA Cup Round of 32 match between Panathinaikos and Rangers,[1] and in October 2008, he officiated the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League Group D match between Liverpool and PSV Eindhoven.[2] In October 2011 he officiated the Champions League Group C match between Manchester United and Oţelul Galaţi, where he was responsible for the controversial sending off of Nemanja Vidić.

He officiated the first leg of the 2011–12 Champions League semi-final between Chelsea and Barcelona, a match that finished with a win for the Blues over the defending champions. In August 2013 he officiated an international friendly between England and Scotland at Wembley Stadium, and on 14 May 2014 he refereed the 2014 UEFA Europa League Final and was severely criticised for benefiting Sevilla.

He sounds more promising than last year's clown. The highlighted match is the only one I can remember. Hope he's strong in dealing with their histrionics.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Felix Brych (born 3 August 1975) is a German football referee.

He sounds more promising than last year's clown. The highlighted match is the only one I can remember. Hope he's strong in dealing with their histrionics.

I've still found the CL refs a cut above the shite we have in the Premier League.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

can't wait to see who goes to ground first. iniesta a good shout, but now they have suarez too. so exciting!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:can't wait to see who goes to ground first. iniesta a good shout, but now they have suarez too. so exciting!!

Please, Neymar in the side and you're guessing anyone else?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Zaba, Aguero, Dzeko, and one more defender (Vinnie?) are 1 yellow away from suspension
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Just came acroos this article from HITC;

Felix Brych, who is due to take charge of Manchester City v Barcelona, comes into the game off the back of an eventful appearance in the Bundesliga.
Manuel Pellegrini may want to advise his Manchester City team to be on their best behaviour against Barcelona at the Etihad tonight, with a no-nonsense German referee due to take charge of the game.
The Sky Blues met the Catalans at this stage of the competition last season but paid a hefty price for a late lunge from Martin Demichelis on Lionel Messi that saw the Argentine defender dismissed and City subsequently beaten 2-0.
A total of four yellow cards and one red were issued that day and this time around the referee, Felix Brych, could take an even tougher stance against any offenders when the teams line up.
The 39-year-old is a seasoned match official in the Bundesliga and took no prisoners last time out in the German top-flight.

Picked to referee the Rhine-Main derby between Mainz and Eintracht Frankfurt last weekend, Brych issued a total of seven yellow cards.
Two of those yellows were given to Frankfurt defender Carlos Zambrano who received the resulting red card and his marching orders in the 83rd minute of the game.
That was only the third time this season that Brych has issued a red card, having previously dismissed players in Stuttgart v Hamburg and Freiburg v Bayer Leverkusen earlier this season.

He is not averse to issuing yellow cards though, having previously brandished eight during Atletico Madrid’s 1-0 group stage win over Juventus.

Brych also officiated the first leg of Atletico’s quarter-final victory over Barcelona last season in a game that saw eight yellow cards brandished and with the German appearing to take a no-nonsense view on some of Spain’s top sides, Barca as much as City will need to play it straight here.

Picked to referee at the last World Cup in Brazil, the 39-year-old’s other most notable appearance came in the group phase game between Uruguay and Costa Rica, where Brych awarded a penalty to the Copa America champions as well as three yellow cards and a straight red. City will need to be careful.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Slim wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:can't wait to see who goes to ground first. iniesta a good shout, but now they have suarez too. so exciting!!

Please, Neymar in the side and you're guessing anyone else?

neymar's cheating lacks subtlety. not a patch on iniesta.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Bluedj » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:03 pm

This is Barca, so I've no doubt there will be a couple of .50 sniper rifles on the roof od the Etihad tonight to justify Neymar, Suarez an Co diving antics
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The 1st time the ref buys a dive we have to let him know Not tonight Twat head, I have a Barca membership, but they can suck my balls tonight. City with a fair ref and an honest 93 mins playing without any daft complicated plans will scare them to death. 5-0.

you support 2 teams?!

....are you phips in disguise?

No and No.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

So, we get a German ref who comes from Munich? Are you fucking kidding me!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum