Neymar

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Neymar

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 pm

It's reassuring to know Bony is a mega athlete ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:09 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:His transfer to PSG is being held up because his dad is due a bonus of £23m from him signing a new deal last Autumn! He doesn't get it until August apparently. WTF is that all about. A bonus for signing a contract then the player fucks off?

This is the sort of practice that is ruining football.

if neymar's dad 'earns' that bonus it will mean he's earned more messi has from
barca over the last 4 years. fucking ridiculous. 'agents' are a fucking cancer in the game.

I've never understood why Clubs seem to have to pay the agent.

At the end of the day, the agent works for the player so, to my mind, the player should foot the bill.....or is this too simplistic ??

Nearly everyone in the entertainment business industry who is wildly successful has an agent helping hem get the best deal. I don't see what the fuss is all about other than average people don't use one. But mega athletes and celebrities are not average human beings.

The point is not about "mega athletes and celebrities" using agents, but who actually pays them.

Is it these "mega athletes and celebrities" themselves, or is it their employers ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:29 am

PrezIke wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:His transfer to PSG is being held up because his dad is due a bonus of £23m from him signing a new deal last Autumn! He doesn't get it until August apparently. WTF is that all about. A bonus for signing a contract then the player fucks off?

barca over the last 4 years. fucking ridiculous. 'agents' are a fucking cancer in the game.

At the end of the day, the agent works for the player so, to my mind, the player should foot the bill.....or is this too simplistic ??

Nearly everyone in the entertainment business industry who is wildly successful has an agent helping hem get the best deal. I don't see what the fuss is all about other than average people don't use one. But mega athletes and celebrities are not average human beings.

Not comparable. Entertainers are constantly looking for work, if struggling, or filtering offers, if successful, and it is their agents who do that. Footballers have secure employment once contracted and agents are needed only for transfers and contract renegotiations. They need to be tough negotiators but the time spent on each client must be minimal which is the opposite of the entertainers' agents.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:38 am

Wonder if his dad got his bung?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:42 am

even Swanson's tweets are worth a read - this is tectonic stuff
also
BBC - Neymar set to leave Barcelona for PSG in £198m deal
Barcelona forward Neymar is given permission to discuss a world record 222m euro (£198m) transfer with Paris St-Germain.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40800757
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Barcelona are sounding out top European sides to form an anti-PSG front

Barcelona representatives over the last few days have been calling their big European club partners to bring about an anti-Paris front.

Barcelona intend to portray Les Parisiens as a menace to the established order and will try to marginalise them on the continental stage. Barcelona know that they have messed up enormously and are trying to save face with this pity-party effort.

Unfortunately for Les Parisiens, this strategy seems to be working as Bayern Munich and Juventus have responded favourably to calls from Barcelona, according to L’Équipe.

Barcelona President Bartomeu wants to file a legal complaint against PSG for tapping up Neymar… the irony being that it was the Brazilian’s representatives who sounded out the Ligue 1 side first and not the other way around…

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2 ... psg-front/
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Heard we are one of the clubs Barca reached out too. It looks like we are now apart of the inner circle.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm

The greatest irony was the La Liga president condemning PSG for being a state sponsored (Qatar) club. Just like Real has been for centuries.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Not comparable. Entertainers are constantly looking for work, if struggling, or filtering offers, if successful, and it is their agents who do that. Footballers have secure employment once contracted and agents are needed only for transfers and contract renegotiations. They need to be tough negotiators but the time spent on each client must be minimal which is the opposite of the entertainers' agents.

Saying footballers have "secure employment" is also not really an accurate description, isn't it? If you are injured or have other issues your career can go South quite quickly, and the amounts of money you can then earn declines drastically. Many of these professional athletes hope to live a high class lifestyle for their whole lives and provide for their families (sometimes friends/entourages) yet one's career as a high performing athlete is very short, which is a key point.

As a result you want to maximise your income during this short period/career. Therefore it makes perfect sense for any professional athlete that is in a sport heavily requiring high levels of athletic ability (i.e. not golf, or table tennis) to hire an agent. Not all athletes are good at negotiating deals (some are and I know don't use agents) so if you fall into the former category, can afford one, would rather not worry about dealing with that process so you hand the duties over to someone more adept (where any mistakes can cost you a lot of money), and you expect to make more due to the agent's negotiation skills...even handing over 10-20% of your contract wages, or where they get some other signing on fee makes sense.

I mean, there is a reason so many people use them.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:The greatest irony was the La Liga president condemning PSG for being a state sponsored (Qatar) club. Just like Real has been for centuries.

The greatest irony is that Barcelona was sponsored by Qatar themselves.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:The greatest irony was the La Liga president condemning PSG for being a state sponsored (Qatar) club. Just like Real has been for centuries.

Exactly.

Too funny.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:23 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

The greatest of great ironies is that that sponsorship started in 2013, the same year they purchased Neymar.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:56 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Heard we are one of the clubs Barca reached out too. It looks like we are now apart of the inner circle.

Let's hope we tell them to fuck off.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Well, it'll be a change from us ruining football.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:Heard we are one of the clubs Barca reached out too. It looks like we are now apart of the inner circle.

Let's hope we tell them to fuck off.

+1
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:35 pm

We should bid 250 million for Messi.....kick them whilst they are down.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Real real embarrassing state of affairs for Barcelona , UEFA and football in general . Absolute disgusting amount of money passing hands with the integrity of the game now hanging in the balance . Oh wait Barcelona , UEFA , PSG and Qatar are involved ................. no wonder it has come to this !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We should bid 250 million for Messi.....kick them whilst they are down.

Brilliant.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Tim777 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We should bid 250 million for Messi.....kick them whilst they are down.

To add to the frenzy, the start of the season could also see a re-igniting of Suarez's biting tendencies with the added pressure in front of goal (especially if Neymar is replaced by the intrepid Angel di Maria, according to reports).
By mid-September I look forward to pics of a medium rare sized chunk of flesh being nabbed off a defender that finally sends the Uruguayan to the echelons of oblivion.

On a slightly more serious note, it looks like the Nou Camp are facing dire problems in the near future with their transfer ban, ageing squad and dwindling academy prospects - the Barca that we will see as soon as two or three years from now could be very different from the MSN super-club that we've seen this decade.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum