'Big' player & Bellamy MKII

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 'Big' player & Bellamy MKII

Postby Herb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 pm

Ibrahimovic . . getting a bit old now so would need to be rested but what a cock strutting arrogant hard-ass glory seeking missile he is eh? He's the sort who will pull a game around singlehanded - the sort who will bawl out the shirkers and fair weather posers and make those stupid 'why the fuck' losses against teams we should hammer a thing of the past.
He won't be cheap but in terms of bang for your buck he'll be a steal.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:56 am

Herb wrote:Ibrahimovic . . getting a bit old now so would need to be rested but what a cock strutting arrogant hard-ass glory seeking missile he is eh? He's the sort who will pull a game around singlehanded - the sort who will bawl out the shirkers and fair weather posers and make those stupid 'why the fuck' losses against teams we should hammer a thing of the past.

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen him a few times for Psg and other teams, and he doesn't really get involved. He scores some spectacular goals and has outrageous skill, but he really isn't one you want in the trenches, as he's shown over the years when playing against English sides (England team being the obvious exception)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Herb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:Ibrahimovic . . getting a bit old now so would need to be rested but what a cock strutting arrogant hard-ass glory seeking missile he is eh? He's the sort who will pull a game around singlehanded - the sort who will bawl out the shirkers and fair weather posers and make those stupid 'why the fuck' losses against teams we should hammer a thing of the past.

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen him a few times for Psg and other teams, and he doesn't really get involved. He scores some spectacular goals and has outrageous skill, but he really isn't one you want in the trenches, as he's shown over the years when playing against English sides (England team being the obvious exception)

Upon consideration, I think you're right - my bad call I had a certain 4 goal display in mind at the time.

Good topic though - challenging and interesting. Who would you go for then?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Bollocks, Ted. Not what you said, what we need.

Yaya has been a big game player, the one when things aren't going right will step up and do something world class. But he's not what we need (although we missed him last night).

As much as I hate him, what we need is a Keane. The sort of player who 3-0 up or 3-0 down would break someone's leg rather than let them score in the 94th minute. Someone the other players would be terrified of. When Vieira picked on Neville in the tunnel, who jumped in? If a bad tackle went in against City now, who works you expect to start the brawl? Zaba maybe. Anyone else? Anyone fancy Nasri behind them when someone's threatening to break your legs?

Bellamy did that - pick a fight with the biggest opposition player just to prove a point. Barry and de Jong could do it to some extent by booting someone into the air and getting the crowd going. Tevez would drag us through a bad spell - I still remember him being kicked off the pitch by Wigan to the point where he could barely walk, yet he scored a hat trick.

The fear last night was palpable, as it was last season. We may talk big before the game, but on the night, no one will try anything. We need a leader.

Kolarov. At least he used to do it

And no, we don't need a fucking roy keane type of cunt.

Does Real Madrid have one? Does Bayern Munich have one? Does Barcelona have one?
Great football teams don't need cunts like that. Vieira type of leader however? Yeah, we could do with a player like that

There was very little between Keane and Vieira at their prime and they're probably the best two proper midfielder in the PL era with Gerrard third. All three are also leaders who'd drag their team through when need be and play beyond what you could expect of them. We haven't got that, other than Yaya in flashes
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum