Lee Dixon

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lee Dixon

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:15 am

Mercifully Andy Townsend went sick from ITV.

But then we got Lee 'ex-City fan' Dixon.

Moan moan fucking moan. Just like the Chris Waddle, Craig Burley, Trevor Francis (and Andy Townsend) school of negative commentary. Yes and MAN City every 2 minutes as if there were 2 cities on the pitch, when our nickname is 'City'.

And course the oft-repeated 'kick it over the top' as if it were a Sunday league outing. Fuckin awful.

Still at least that numpty Chiles is no more.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Lee Dixon

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 am

He's a prick.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:53 pm

john@staustell wrote:Mercifully Andy Townsend went sick from ITV.

But then we got Lee 'ex-City fan' Dixon.

Moan moan fucking moan. Just like the Chris Waddle, Craig Burley, Trevor Francis (and Andy Townsend) school of negative commentary. Yes and MAN City every 2 minutes as if there were 2 cities on the pitch, when our nickname is 'City'.

And course the oft-repeated 'kick it over the top' as if it were a Sunday league outing. Fuckin awful.

Still at least that numpty Chiles is no more.

but why was he wrong, we are losing and passing sidewards so yes kick it over the top, make them turn and run towards there own pen area, not fuck around the halfway line.
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:59 pm

I don't think he was wrong either. We're foolish to think we can beat Barca at their own game. We looked most threatening when we crossed the ball into the box. On another night Dzeko could have scored 3 headers.

They can't deal with high balls into their box and we have to exploit that.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:40 pm

I thought he was ok!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I don't think he was wrong either. We're foolish to think we can beat Barca at their own game. We looked most threatening when we crossed the ball into the box. On another night Dzeko could have scored 3 headers.

They can't deal with high balls into their box and we have to exploit that.

I watched the highlight show when I got back and he looked depressed and when questioned on whether it was for formation that was our undoing he didnt know what to say! He said yes and no and they went on and said it was 442 in both halves but it worked in the second half.

Great, thanks for that Mr Dixon, you get paid to analyse and also please be pro-city as no other fucker wants to be.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 pm

He said we were really poor first half and better in the second. That's fair.
I don't want any pundit to say we were great in the first half for the sake of 'pro-city' ness. We were rubbish.

The formation wasn't the issue. On another night we could have scored 3 or 4, admittedly so could they have. Dzeko missed a sitter, Nasri missed a good chance, Aguero went close, Demichellis had a good chance too, Milner hit a freekick from a great position straight into the wall.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He said we were really poor first half and better in the second. That's fair.
I don't want any pundit to say we were great in the first half for the sake of 'pro-city' ness. We were rubbish.

The formation wasn't the issue. On another night we could have scored 3 or 4, admittedly so could they have. Dzeko missed a sitter, Nasri missed a good chance, Aguero went close, Demichellis had a good chance too, Milner hit a freekick from a great position straight into the wall.

I never want a pundit to say something that is untrue? I want a pundit to put the bitter twisted nobs back in their box. Also it would be nice for a pundit to put positive slants on city related stuff instead of all the bollox we have to put up with.

I have no idea who was on the ITV show at HT, but I would think it would be very hard for any pro city pundit to defend that display. However at FT, I would imagine it was more doom and gloom bullshit from whoever was there and Dixon agreeing with them instead of fighting our corner?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Trouble with these type of commentator once they get a mike in their hand they think they are fucking world beaters !!! Fucking bellend must have had some serious man of the match performances in his career versus Barca ? Err hang on ............... did he fuck !!

Another bellend up his own arse spouting shite !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 pm

Seen a video of him with a few City fans singing "if you hate Man United clap your hands". He's alright with me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I have no idea who was on the ITV show at HT, but I would think it would be very hard for any pro city pundit to defend that display.

They mentioned Scholes so I turned off. I assume Summerbee will be doing it next time the rags play in Europe.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Good guy.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I have no idea who was on the ITV show at HT, but I would think it would be very hard for any pro city pundit to defend that display.

They mentioned Scholes so I turned off. I assume Summerbee will be doing it next time the rags play in Europe.

That could be some time. Whst would Nicky bring to the table?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:38 am

I thought he was right first half that we weren't pressing the ball.

We did it more 2nd half, & Barca gave it away on several occasions. Bayern etc will have been watching that with interest.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Didn't see him as I watched it on an Irish channel, but I don't have a problem with him.
Gaizka Mendieta and Kevin Kilbane were on the Irish channel and called it correct. Said it was the wrong line up and we would get turned over, before the start.
Medieta in particular was very good. He outlined the blueprint to beat them and how Malaga and Celta de Vigo went about it.
There's no doubt we could have done the same, but he figured the wrong team was put out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:59 pm

he was correct we were asleep and yards off the ball.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:43 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Didn't see him as I watched it on an Irish channel, but I don't have a problem with him.
Gaizka Mendieta and Kevin Kilbane were on the Irish channel and called it correct. Said it was the wrong line up and we would get turned over, before the start.
Medieta in particular was very good. He outlined the blueprint to beat them and how Malaga and Celta de Vigo went about it.
There's no doubt we could have done the same, but he figured the wrong team was put out.

If we had played more in there half , defended better , kept 11 on the pitch and took a couple of gilt edged chances we would have won . Funny old game innit , most pundits are full of shit and have a script to stick to !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum