Tourist Fans Outbreak again on CL Night

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tourist Fans Outbreak again on CL Night

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:56 am

They were everywhere again last night weren't they? Half/half scarfs, photo snapping outside the ground and again there were many people at the game last night who you will never see at The Etihad again this season.

I sit in Block 239 and a row of 6 Barca fans - Catalan, couldn't speak a word of English - were sat directly behind me, so the question is, how do these people manage to magically acquire tickets given our supposed Citypoints/Ticketpoints sellng criteria?

I understand that the club wants every seat filled, but when there's genuine Blues out there who couldn't get a ticket its more than a tad galling to see a multitude of day trippers when we play Barca, just as it was last season.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Tourist Fans Outbreak again on CL Night

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 am

There were 6 Algerians next to me and my lad, they brought heir countries flag with them, they were polite enough but didn't celebrate any of the goals or react to any of the action form either side. You could have put dummies there for what its worth. I sit on the end seat so next to an isle and was asked several times to help point out where their seat was.

We will just have to accept, there are a core 30k City fans and the rest are embryonic fans that will float around until we become a TOP European team and then they will jump on the bandwagon permanently
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:05 am

I'd rather it full than not, if they want to spend their 50+ then so be it........... i wont.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:17 am

Cant really see the problem. We gloat about our increasing global power, which undoubtedly is occuring, then moan about Algerians buying tickets.

This year we could have got tickets easily, but couldn't make it. Last year, as 'Cityzens' (Ugh) I didn't have a hope in hell as they shot out about 10 minutes after they were released to Cityzens - I was about 10,000 in the queue when they went. So there's some fans out here somewhere.

Look back at the RAGs - before 1991/2 they averaged about 46,000 (with room in the ground) - the whole thing just grew. And the more their players are visiting schools whilst ours are playing Barcelona or Chelsea in the world's biggest matches, the more ours will grow.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 am

john@staustell wrote:Cant really see the problem. We gloat about our increasing global power, which undoubtedly is occuring, then moan about Algerians buying tickets.

This year we could have got tickets easily, but couldn't make it. Last year, as 'Cityzens' (Ugh) I didn't have a hope in hell as they shot out about 10 minutes after they were released to Cityzens - I was about 10,000 in the queue when they went. So there's some fans out here somewhere.

Look back at the RAGs - before 1991/2 they averaged about 46,000 (with room in the ground) - the whole thing just grew. And the more their players are visiting schools whilst ours are playing Barcelona or Chelsea in the world's biggest matches, the more ours will grow.

I didnt moan about them, I said they were polite but didnt react to anything during the game.

Like LAHAD said, I would rather it be full than empty, but I would rather it be full of passionate fans of CITY. It doesn't seem to work that way, so, meh, it is what it is.
Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 am

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Cant really see the problem. We gloat about our increasing global power, which undoubtedly is occuring, then moan about Algerians buying tickets.

I didnt moan about them, I said they were polite but didnt react to anything during the game.

Like LAHAD said, I would rather it be full than empty, but I would rather it be full of passionate fans of CITY. It doesn't seem to work that way, so, meh, it is what it is.

Yeah sorry I thought the Algerian bit was in the OP when I wrote it.

I reckon Algeria is just coming out of a phase where if you shouted too loud they locked you up for 20 years as an islamic rebel, so maybe they are naturally reserved?! :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 am

I was moved from East Level 2 206, front row to 209, I popped down to my seat. 2 Shef Wed fans one with a SWFC cap on Block 209 full front row bar 6 blues of Tourists who all were about to jump up when they scored, until a few thought better of it, Disgusting from the club, and starts the night of crap for me to see so many wankers from other clubs getting tickets in with Barca scarfs on show or club shirts or caps.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 am

I was a tourist fan last night, finances dictate that I'm lucky to get over for two or three games a year at this stage.

No doubt there were numerous just sitting there showing no support whatsoever but around me there were just as many Mancunians grumbling about everything rather than shouting any encouragement.

Puts tin hat on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I was a tourist fan last night, finances dictate that I'm lucky to get over for two or three games a year at this stage.

No doubt there were numerous just sitting there showing no support whatsoever but around me there were just as many Mancunians grumbling about everything rather than shouting any encouragement.

Puts tin hat on.

Your a blue, Level 2 must have had fans who have decided they will not do the CL the visitors I am on about are wandering about lost sat in seats like mine that I am moved from for what possible reason other than to flog em again. Piss take. How do you get into a City section with SWFC clobber on, will that work at Anfield or the scum ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:51 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I was a tourist fan last night, finances dictate that I'm lucky to get over for two or three games a year at this stage.

Puts tin hat on.

Your a blue, Level 2 must have had fans who have decided they will not do the CL the visitors I am on about are wandering about lost sat in seats like mine that I am moved from for what possible reason other than to flog em again. Piss take. How do you get into a City section with SWFC clobber on, will that work at Anfield or the scum ?

More to the point, WHY would you go to the game with SWFC clobber on?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby twosips » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Two mates of mine went last night who aren't City fans. One's a Hearts fan and the other Leeds. Both huge football fans, mind, but they go to these games to see Barcelona etc

I get why they'd do it totally.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:29 pm

The tourists buy into all the hype the CL brings , it puts money into our club and every major club has them . It is another issue we have to accept with the CL and what it is about , does my head in tbh but it is far better having a full ground for sure . Would like to think our tourists are more cool than those that go to swamp , fuck me they aren't in the CL ? prob same tourists ???? Pmsl ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bobby brows » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Tourist central near me last night. Doesn't bother me, its better when it was row upon row of empty seats under Pearce. What was interesting though was a foreign guy in front of me taking photos of the players on his zoom lense. Doing no harm, except taking a couple of grainy pictures of City players except the steward comes up three times to tell him to stop. Its like he's doing now harm pal and your blocking the view of paying customers.

Selfie sticks though...they've got to go.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby clippo22 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I wanna know who the fuck let bacon face in last night!!!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 pm

As much as the tourists irk me, at the end of the day, let's be honest, they are only there because other City fans/members/season ticket holders haven't purchased a ticket.

If every season ticket holder bought a ticket, followed by blue members, then suddenly you'd have a full house of passionate city fans.

I understand why people may not have bought tickets, cost, travel etc, but its this reason why the tourists get tickets.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Atmosphere sounded miles better on tv than the usual City deathfest. Even singing at the end, & plenty left in the ground.

Bring on the tourists I say.

Local whingers fuck off & retire.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Atmosphere sounded miles better on tv

Local whingers fuck off & retire.

Oh the irony.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Puts tin hat on.

As was I. No tin hat for me though. Anyone that wants to call me a tourist can do so in person in the right hand side fo the 1st level of the Colin Bell stand at the Leicester match.

Two French-speaking lads behind me didn't cheer anything either side did but were enjoying talking about the tactics of the game. A nice bit of language practice for me. They knew what they were talking about in the main as well, plus they described the ref as eccentric. I can think of a few other words.

The money these tourists bring in is useful in our constant battle against the evil empires. It also allows real City fans to save their money for the competition which actually matters - the Premier League.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Puts tin hat on.

As was I. No tin hat for me though. Anyone that wants to call me a tourist can do so in person in the right hand side fo the 1st level of the Colin Bell stand at the Leicester match.

Two French-speaking lads behind me didn't cheer anything either side did but were enjoying talking about the tactics of the game. A nice bit of language practice for me. They knew what they were talking about in the main as well, plus they described the ref as eccentric. I can think of a few other words.

The money these tourists bring in is useful in our constant battle against the evil empires. It also allows real City fans to save their money for the competition which actually matters - the Premier League.

True what you say about the money side TB. I have never really thought about the commercial side of tourist support.

BTW if you are in city square for the Leicester game, i am sure i can speak to KK and get together. We owe you some well earned beers.
Wonderwall

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Puts tin hat on.

That's it, act all manly knowing the rest of us couldn't reach you in the gilded halls of the Colin Bell without a suit on. Besides, if I called you a tourist, I'd get in trouble off the stewards for waking someone up with all the noise.

As for the real tourists, well I couldn't be arsed with the CL, Barca or not. The whole thing just bores me. So I didn't go and let some (local) tourists use my ticket. The more there are, the more ticket/souvenir money the club makes, meaning the more Agueros we can buy, who I can then watch for the 19 games that matter. But they better not start selling foreign shite in the food outlets just to keep them happy. All we need is traditional pizza, hot dogs and Balti pies.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum