City Square

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City Square

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:54 pm

have to say I enjoyed it in City square last night. Uwe Rosler and Nicky Weaver were on stage doing an interview (nothing that we haven't heard before though) and they had a band on who were beat-boxers, not normally my cup of tea, but they were brilliant. Really impressed with them, two beatboxers and 1 guitarist, I am sure they have been on before, but I would certainly go and see them again in City square. They were more entertaining than the 90 mins that followed.

After the game, Natalie Pike, Fanzone Danny and the guy who does the match announcement and HT stuff (not that knobhead comedian) were on stage with a post match review. When it came to the part where Clichy was sent off, Fanzone Danny totally ripped into Alves, with a couple of non stop minutes tearing him apart, it was very funny. Natalie was sat next to him and just looked totally amazed that he was giving Alves the abuse and just pissed herself laughing.

It entertained me after the game with a pint anyway!!

I wasn't even going to City square after the game, but I got into the queue for the tram and realised I had lost my wallet. I was gutted, 80 notes, all my bank cards and business credit card, driving licence, 2 season cards and my met tickets :-( Me and my lad made our way back to the 3rd tier explaining to the stewards and asking if anyone had handed it in blah blah, my lad went up to our seats and there it was stuck behind my seat. No idea how it got there, it must have been when I jumped out of my seat when we scored. Everything in there, I was so lucky!!! I got back to the tram stop to find bigger queues than I have ever seen, so a couple of pints later and it was just Barca fans.

One Barca fan was slagging off the metrolink saying that their metro was so much better (I actually agree), someone replied, well your government must spend all your money on it which is why your economy is going down the toilet! Chortle.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: City Square

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Barcelona met is full of pick pockets and piss heads.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 am

Also worth noting that several stations on the Barcelona Met have a distinct aroma of piss within them - not as bad as Paris, but its up there.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bobby brows » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 am

I've actually started to make use of the fanzone this season, its pretty decent for what it is other than the odd idiot trying to push in the queue.

The entertainment is hit and miss, quite like the bands but at halloween they had a psychic. swing and a miss.

fanzone danny is ok but he's a genuine fan and you can't knock him. Its all to taste and I think if anyone did it they'd have their detractors but his mate who did the NYC games is pretty awful. Good to see him come off the fence though, bet City will be worried about it.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 am

bobby brows wrote:I've actually started to make use of the fanzone this season, its pretty decent for what it is other than the odd idiot trying to push in the queue.

The entertainment is hit and miss, quite like the bands but at halloween they had a psychic. swing and a miss.

fanzone danny is ok but he's a genuine fan and you can't knock him. Its all to taste and I think if anyone did it they'd have their detractors but his mate who did the NYC games is pretty awful. Good to see him come off the fence though, bet City will be worried about it.

ha ha I was thinking that at the time as Natalie Pikes face was a picture! She couldn't believe what he was saying and he just went on and on and on, I loved it and agreed with everything he said. When the rant was complete the presenter said, "So you dont like him then"? He looked at him as if he was going to knock him out LOL. I bet City say something to him as they want to be seen whiter than white, which makes me sick. I dont want to be a Chelsea who make me even more sick, but we never seem to stand up and fight our corner.....in public anyway. So Danny gets a massive thumbs up from me.
Wonderwall

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:30 am

Wonderwall wrote:
bobby brows wrote:I've actually started to make use of the fanzone this season, its pretty decent for what it is other than the odd idiot trying to push in the queue.

but we never seem to stand up and fight our corner.....in public anyway. So Danny gets a massive thumbs up from me.

This.

Id love someone from the club, once in a while, to come out and state pointedly that Mark Ogden from The Telegraph, James Ducker from the Times and Ian Herbert from the Independent, are all knobheads with an agenda, and all write shit and negatively about our club all the time.I know they cant but itd be refreshing all the same.

Guardians Daniel Taylor, Henry Winter of the Telegraph and Martin Samuel of the Mail are fair minded and show that even handed reporting can be done btw.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bobby brows » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

but we never seem to stand up and fight our corner.....in public anyway. So Danny gets a massive thumbs up from me.

This.

Id love someone from the club, once in a while, to come out and state pointedly that Mark Ogden from The Telegraph, James Ducker from the Times and Ian Herbert from the Independent, are all knobheads with an agenda, and all write shit and negatively about our club all the time.I know they cant but itd be refreshing all the same.

Guardians Daniel Taylor, Henry Winter of the Telegraph and Martin Samuel of the Mail are fair minded and show that even handed reporting can be done btw.

Jamie Jackson from the guardian though....pure rag
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:08 pm

bobby brows wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

This.

Jamie Jackson from the guardian though....pure rag

I don't think anyone takes Jamie seriously, not even Utd fans tbh. Hes a WUM.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

I was at Piccadilly tram stop about 7pm heading towards Altrincham and there was a band entertaining the fans on the Etihad line playing some strange Jazz Slasa but including Blue Moon.

Usually driving to the match, but didn't go this week and ended up heading home close to kick off, so not sure how usual this is, but when the rags were in Europe I never saw anything like that in town, so I assume it's something we set up.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Badly Drawn Boy came across as a big headed wanker, and his singing was shite. The lads with just the guitar were superb.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 pm

I think City square is a great place. I was there before the Barca game and enjoyed it too, though my favourite fish and chip van was all closed up. The guests are usually good as are the bands. It's just a shame the weather does nt support it. The place is difficult to enjoy when it's pissing down and blowing a hoolie, which is a massive shame.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:04 pm

I will put a request into the club for a retractable roof and some heaters too. Should sort it out
Wonderwall

Return to The Maine Football forum