Adam Johnson arrested

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adam Johnson arrested

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:01 am

So what are the other two charges that he will speak about on friday?

And how is the british law stangind on this? How much could he get?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:08 am

PeterParker wrote:Alioune DVToure, thanks for the link and the clarification, mate. Sorry for my confusion.

No worries. Let's move on from it!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:35 am

PeterParker wrote:So what are the other two charges that he will speak about on friday?

And how is the british law stangind on this? How much could he get?

The charge that he's pleaded guilty to carries anything ranging from a formal caution (the same as for possession of a bit of weed) to 14 years (approximately the median time someone sentenced for murder serves), so there's a massive range that his sentence could fall within, depending on severity of the crime, etc., and also whether or not he's found guilty of the two other charges.

Taking into account that there's no accusation that he blackmailed her or used any other kind of coercion, and the fact that she's 15 (age of consent is 16 in the UK, unless it's with someone in a 'position of trust' over you, and then it's 18), it will almost definitely be at the lower end of this scale.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm

And sacked by Sunderland
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny99 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:43 pm

I am amazed Sunderland were still playing him in the first place
So fucking glad we got rid of him before this
It would just of been another reason to try and give us some bad press
I reckon he will get about 3 years
Which is 10 years to lenient in my opinion
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Wooders » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:54 pm

When was the last high profile legal case against a premier league footballer who hasn't played for us though? Seems like bits been a while!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 am

We knew at City Johnson wasn't the brightest. These events have shown that. What I find most disturbing is the moral indignation which is now mandatory when discussing sexual relations with young women, and the desire to label them children when in this case she clearly is not in any meaningful sense of the word. Quite frankly it demeans women.Most of the old school feminists I know take this view. Because they recognise that from about 14 onwards they fancied blokes, wanted sex with them and got on with it. In general the boys were older than the girls. The concept of grooming is helpful when discussing the role of an adult in subverting a child who has no sexual experience and is vulnerable to deceit. Most 15 year old girls are sexually experienced and know what is going down. In this context it is helpful to remember that we are talking about mutual simulation of the genital area which all sexually mature humans enjoy and which is normally but not always carried out between two people to their mutual pleasure and delight. It is fun. It bears no relation to stabbing or otherwise injuring someone. Unless it is rape. Which this was not.Morally Johnson is too old to be messing about with a 15 year old. But the idea he has somehow defiled and damaged her seems unlikely to be true. I repeat. Humans like sex. He has been a fool. He should have been mature enough to say "you' re a nice kid but you are way too young and what we are getting into is wrong and dangerous". But a prison sentence and the end of his career? Totally disproportionate in my view.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Socrates » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:42 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:We knew at City Johnson wasn't the brightest. These events have shown that. What I find most disturbing is the moral indignation which is now mandatory when discussing sexual relations with young women, and the desire to label them children when in this case she clearly is not in any meaningful sense of the word. Quite frankly it demeans women.Most of the old school feminists I know take this view. Because they recognise that from about 14 onwards they fancied blokes, wanted sex with them and got on with it. In general the boys were older than the girls. The concept of grooming is helpful when discussing the role of an adult in subverting a child who has no sexual experience and is vulnerable to deceit. Most 15 year old girls are sexually experienced and know what is going down. In this context it is helpful to remember that we are talking about mutual simulation of the genital area which all sexually mature humans enjoy and which is normally but not always carried out between two people to their mutual pleasure and delight. It is fun. It bears no relation to stabbing or otherwise injuring someone. Unless it is rape. Which this was not.Morally Johnson is too old to be messing about with a 15 year old. But the idea he has somehow defiled and damaged her seems unlikely to be true. I repeat. Humans like sex. He has been a fool. He should have been mature enough to say "you' re a nice kid but you are way too young and what we are getting into is wrong and dangerous". But a prison sentence and the end of his career? Totally disproportionate in my view.

Which part of "age of consent" is difficult for you? If she was wasn't old enough to consent it is non-consensual. Non-consensual is rape. It carries a lesser or greater penalty depending on circumstances, age of the parties, whether violence or coercion was used but rape is rape and your defence of grown men sleeping with children is frankly sickening and you would be best advised to keep them to yourself as, if I was the authorities I would be having a good look at you.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:I think he is going down no matter what.

Agreed. Especially if he gets back into the Sunderland team.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby The Maine Man » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:33 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I think he is going down no matter what.

Agreed. Especially if he gets back into the Sunderland team.

He isn't getting back into the team, they just sacked him. Amusing post though!
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:52 am

Maybe it's him going down that has him in this position?
Original Dub

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 am

johnny99 wrote:I am amazed Sunderland were still playing him in the first place

If they hadn't been playing him because of this and without his acceptance, and he'd then been found not guilty, then they'd have probably had a massive legal bill on their hands.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:30 am

Wooders wrote:When was the last high profile legal case against a premier league footballer who hasn't played for us though? Seems like bits been a while!

"Grandson of cleaner who used to clean the house of the cousin of MANCHESTER CITY'S former milk supplier is jailed for drug dealing."

Johnson has been a twat. The defence of 'I didn't know how old the tart was' sort of becomes invalid after the first time. I'm sure if he has the right barrister he wont get locked up, and will be re-employed by someone in due course. As long as he has the money to pay him.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby charvet_wonderland » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:07 pm

http://m.sunderlandecho.com/live/event?1834584

Doubt he's getting off with a caution
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:39 pm

charvet_wonderland wrote:http://m.sunderlandecho.com/live/event?1834584

Doubt he's getting off with a caution

Well he deserves double what ever he gets......... His phone had internet searches about age of consent (he read several pages about it according to prosecution) and he knew she was under age as she told him so!

I was all for innocent until proven guilty, but since ADVT pointed out that Guardian article the other day and just reading this mornings coverage the guy is totally banged to rights.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 pm

He is fucked. Just reading what has gone on today at court. I know many footballers have no moral compass but this is even beyond that. He's a sex offender and needs locking up. Something very wrong with him.
Last edited by Sister of fu on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Sister of fu wrote:He is fucked. Just reading what has gone on today at court. I know footballer has no moral compass but this is even beyond that. He's a sex offender and needs locking up. Something very wrong with him.

I don't think there is any doubt that he is going to be eating porridge for a while
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby PeterParker » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:19 pm

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:44 pm

Erm, I know that headlines have to be somewhat concise, but how exactly has "arrogance led to child sexual assault" here? I'd say what has led to child sexual assault were the deliberate acts of a sicko.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Wooders » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Proper predatory peodo stuff - will go in I am sure
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum