Adam Johnson arrested

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adam Johnson arrested

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:51 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I'm quite uncomfortable with this line of thought. The girl was 15, and we all know what 15 year old kids are like.

More to the point, I believe he's also pleaded guilty to the grooming charge, which would suggest that he knowingly had sex with an underage girl. He has done something of an about-turn from his previous plea of not guilty across the board.

No sympathy for the cunt. None whatsoever. Premier League footballers are able to choose women like I pick out a shirt, and yet he grooms and has sex with a 15 year-old. Think about that.

He's pleaded guilt of knowing that she was under age yes.

I see where you're comeing from ADVT and I have no sympathy for his actions but I do have sympathy for the fact that it seems he's owned up for what he did. I of course don't know the circumstances and perhaps he did so because there was enough evidence anyway, but it's not common tha people admit to having done these crimes, as they are very easy to get acquitted from.

He will have owned up to it due to the overwhelming weight of the evidence against him, otherwise he would have owned up sooner. His 'honesty' might shave a few months off the custodial sentence he's got coming his way.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Pleaded guilty to several of the charges.

Good that he decided to take responsibility for his actions.

This may well be custodial and will mean he is on the sex register.

Part of me feels sorry for him as the girl looked 20+ and lied about her age. He also met her in an over 18's establishment. Plus who asks for proof of D.O.B?

Doesn't mean he is innocent but neither is she.

I'm quite uncomfortable with this line of thought. The girl was 15, and we all know what 15-year-old kids are like.

More to the point, I believe he's also pleaded guilty to the grooming charge, which would suggest that he knowingly had sex with an underage girl. He has done something of an about-turn from his previous plea of not guilty across the board.

No sympathy for the cunt. None whatsoever. Premier League footballers are able to choose women like I pick out a shirt, and yet he grooms and has sex with a 15 year-old. Think about that.

He also had a long term partner who was pregnant with his child at home. She's a fool in herself though and makes me think that these WAGS don't have one ounce of dignity and only care about money and fame. If you found out your fella had slept with a 15 year old girl you wouldn't stand by and support him you would kick him in the bollocks and dumphim, but if your rich, footballer fella sleeps with a 15 year old you stand by your man....fucking idiot.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:53 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Part of me feels sorry for him as the girl looked 20+ and lied about her age. He also met her in an over 18's establishment. Plus who asks for proof of D.O.B?

I'm quite uncomfortable with this line of thought. The girl was 15, and we all know what 15-year-old kids are like.

Grooming? What does that mean in terms of this case. Did he chase her after the 1st, 2nd 3rd time etc?

Why was she pretending to be older?
It's not a rape charge, it was consensual.
Why was she in a nightclub?
At what point did he find her age out?

Lots of different possibilities until the facts are known.

I think your problem with my last line previously is misplaced. I do know what 15 year old girls are like and if you think for one minute they are squeaky clean and innocent. Then I have a problem with that view.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Grooming? What does that mean in terms of this case. Did he chase her after the 1st, 2nd 3rd time etc?

Why was she pretending to be older?
It's not a rape charge, it was consensual.
Why was she in a nightclub?
At what point did he find her age out?

Lots of different possibilities until the facts are known.

I think your problem with my last line previously is misplaced. I do know what 15 year old girls are like and if you think for one minute they are squeaky clean and innocent. Then I have a problem with that view.

That's not the point at all. 12-year-old children aren't squeaky clean and innocent these days but it doesn't give adults the right to approach them for sex.

As I understand the charge in question, Johnson approached the complainant over the internet, his having been fully aware of her age at the time.

From The Guardian:
Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:58 pm

He will have owned up to it due to the overwhelming weight of the evidence against him, otherwise he would have owned up sooner. His 'honesty' might shave a few months off the custodial sentence he's got coming his way.

If that's the case I take whatever I said back then.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

If that's the case I take whatever I said back then.

Me too. I was under the assumption he just met her in a club on a night out and had sex with her. Seems there's more to it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:08 pm

so he's a fcking nonce then.................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Or maybe Manitowoc County planted the girl in his bed...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
That's not the point at all. 12-year-old children aren't squeaky clean and innocent these days but it doesn't give adults the right to approach them for sex.

As I understand the charge in question, Johnson approached the complainant over the internet, his having been fully aware of her age at the time.

From The Guardian:
Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.

To be fair ADVT you could have posted a link or copied the article, as I would imagine it would change quite a few peoples position on the case including mine.

Sunderland and England footballer Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to kissing a 15-year-old schoolgirl after grooming her over the internet.

The 28-year-old midfielder admitted one count of sexual activity with a child and one of grooming at Bradford crown court. He denies two other counts of sexual activity with a child and is due to go on trial on Friday.

The midfielder, from Castle Eden, County Durham, had his case moved from Durham.

Born in Sunderland, Johnson began his career at Middlesbrough before moving to Manchester City and then to Sunderland for £10m in 2012.

Johnson was suspended by the north-east club following his arrest on 2 March last year but that was lifted when his bail was extended by five weeks a fortnight later.

He went on to feature in the side that survived relegation from the Premier League and has since made four appearances in an injury-hit start to the season.

Johnson entered two guilty pleas when the charges were read out to him by the court clerk.

In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

A panel of prospective jurors were sworn in after Johnson entered his pleas. Before they were released, the judge, Jonathan Rose, said: “This is a case you may see referred to in the press. Mr Johnson is a professional footballer with Sunderland AFC and you may see something about it in the newspaper. But let me just remind you of the oath and affirmation you have just received. You must try this defendant on the evidence heard in this courtroom, not anything else. That is very important.”
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:

From The Guardian:

To be fair ADVT you could have posted a link or copied the article, as I would imagine it would change quite a few peoples position on the case including mine.

Sunderland and England footballer Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to kissing a 15-year-old schoolgirl after grooming her over the internet.

The 28-year-old midfielder admitted one count of sexual activity with a child and one of grooming at Bradford crown court. He denies two other counts of sexual activity with a child and is due to go on trial on Friday.

The midfielder, from Castle Eden, County Durham, had his case moved from Durham.

Born in Sunderland, Johnson began his career at Middlesbrough before moving to Manchester City and then to Sunderland for £10m in 2012.

Johnson was suspended by the north-east club following his arrest on 2 March last year but that was lifted when his bail was extended by five weeks a fortnight later.

He went on to feature in the side that survived relegation from the Premier League and has since made four appearances in an injury-hit start to the season.

Johnson entered two guilty pleas when the charges were read out to him by the court clerk.

In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

A panel of prospective jurors were sworn in after Johnson entered his pleas. Before they were released, the judge, Jonathan Rose, said: “This is a case you may see referred to in the press. Mr Johnson is a professional footballer with Sunderland AFC and you may see something about it in the newspaper. But let me just remind you of the oath and affirmation you have just received. You must try this defendant on the evidence heard in this courtroom, not anything else. That is very important.”

I said the following straight from the get-go, so it was pretty clear:

I hadn't read the Guardian article at that point.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:47 pm

I see plenty of our friends in the media are while reporting this news are not at all failing to mention that he once played for MCFC, or Sunderland signed him from MCFC. WTF has that got to do with anything. Maybe I am just paranoid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 pm

sheblue wrote:I see plenty of our friends in the media are while reporting this news are not at all failing to mention that he once played for MCFC, or Sunderland signed him from MCFC. WTF has that got to do with anything. Maybe I am just paranoid.

You sound it. When is that kind of context not incorporated into a news report? He's so high-profile precisely because he won the Premier League with us.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

i agree 100%.

It may be a case of "blurred lines" for some, as i hear the cliched "older than she looked" and "she's misled him" bollox. But ultimately, AJ has the responsibility to be even more sensitive to these things than the average punter. And the normal, decent, manly thing to do is that you find out she's underage and you fucking cut that shit off asap, end of story, no questions...it's simple. Being a lousy cheating shit partner all you want, but you can't knowingly, or by chosen ignorance and bullshit, have sex with a child and act like you've been stitched up. We all should know that's the absolute simple truth of this i hope.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Just for clarity, he admitted sexually activity. It does not state that this was intercourse.

Again I am.not defending him. Just making sure that people are reading the article now it's here in blue and white.
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Just for clarity, he admitted sexually activity. It does not state that this was intercourse.

Again I am.not defending him. Just making sure that people are reading the article now it's here in blue and white.

that's a good point...that Guardian article is interesting to me, but not because it makes him less guilty. In fact, tho he may not have had sex with her, consensual or otherwise, i'd suggest that meeting and making out with a girl who is 15, after grooming her on the internet for a 6 weeks, is actually way creepier than even having met her at a club, finding out she was under 16 and banging her anyway, even if that was consensual.

Just a fucking creep really our former Jinky is...all the pussy on demand a guy like that could have, and he solicits a child to pursue. Fucking bizarre. He shouldn't play football again really. Go get some fucking help dude. You've got a serious problem.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:58 pm

He is an idiot. His career should now be over. I actually think what he has done is far worse than what Ched Evans did. Look how it turned out for him.

He actively pursued a girl knowing she was underage. There is simply no defence for that.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby plf blue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:23 pm

he should have known better,as the father of 2 daughters i know what teenage girls are like but that does not get away from the point she was a child .public castratation fits the bill for the crime
plf blue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: tommy booth

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Just for clarity, he admitted sexually activity. It does not state that this was intercourse.

I think the name of the crime is 'sexual activity with a child', and there is no distinction in the law between 'activities', only in sentencing (alongside other factors taken into account). Not too sure on this, but I think it's also partly to protect the victim from stigmatisation...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

I think the name of the crime is 'sexual activity with a child', and there is no distinction in the law between 'activities', only in sentencing (alongside other factors taken into account). Not too sure on this, but I think it's also partly to protect the victim from stigmatisation...

where have i been...is that your kid as your avatar?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:04 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Maximum sentence for what he has already pleaded guilty to is 14 yrs
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum