Defence

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Defence

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:14 am

Dub City wrote:Otamendi has been Shite in most of the games he has played so far this season shadow of player from last season. Stones and Laporte should be starting together for me when possible. Left back is a major worry, Delph does a job but Zinchenko for me doesn’t have any defensive instincts. Walker also dropped off hugely last few weeks aswell. We don’t look near as solid as we did early season which is a real worry.

Stones and Laporte has been a fucking great partnership, and as all the great teams of yesteryear proved , you do not ever fuck around with it .

Pep has fucked around with it as much as has been humanly possible .

It’s his fucking fault we are shit at the back recently - he’s a fucking idiot .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:43 am

We are half way through a season after we We did a double played close to 70games most of the squad played in the World Cup. look at KDB even superman breaks, the answer is we are nursing half the squad through the schedule. We will be fine but this is why no fucker retains the Premier League year on year
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:19 am

Walker was absolutely fucking horrendous yesterday , even with peps tinkering with tactics and squad Walker had no excuses for that pathetic half hearted performance .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:58 am

Lots giving out about Kyle Walker. The man played a huge role in the world cup and has had no rest due to Danilo coming back injured and still injured.

We need Danilo back asap. Walker needs a break.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:01 am

sheblue wrote:Lots giving out about Kyle Walker. The man played a huge role in the world cup and has had no rest due to Danilo coming back injured and still injured.

More minutes than anyone else in the squad since the season started if you include internationals and it shows. Danilo's injuries have fucked us, as have Mendy's.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:Lots giving out about Kyle Walker. The man played a huge role in the world cup and has had no rest due to Danilo coming back injured and still injured.

More minutes than anyone else in the squad since the season started if you include internationals and it shows. Danilo's injuries have fucked us, as have Mendy's.

I said the same yesterday. He had to play the majority of games last season, he went to the world cup in the summer and played pretty much every game, and because we don't have reliable backup he's been forced to play most of this season. He'll either keep making mistakes or get a serious injury soon.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:17 am

And from now until the end of the season in PL games I want to see the Stones Laporte partnership at the back and only the Stones Laporte partnership.

If fern is out Gundo delph or even kev has to play there Stones is not a midfielder.

It's easy in hindsight and we're all experts after the event but I really hope the lesson was learned yesterday.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:20 am

sheblue wrote:And from now until the end of the season in PL games I want to see the Stones Laporte partnership at the back and only the Stones Laporte partnership.

If fern is out Gundo delph or even kev has to play there Stones is not a midfielder.

It's easy in hindsight and we're all experts after the event but I really hope the lesson was learned yesterday.

I noticed Kev was dropping back to where the defence was yesterday when he came on so he could collect the ball and drive it forward. Something Fern does that not a lot of us notice. Stones may be okay one day as a defensive midfielder but in the same way as de Jong was. He won't drive us forward which is why Fern is integral to Pep's system.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:34 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:And from now until the end of the season in PL games I want to see the Stones Laporte partnership at the back and only the Stones Laporte partnership.

I noticed Kev was dropping back to where the defence was yesterday when he came on so he could collect the ball and drive it forward. Something Fern does that not a lot of us notice. Stones may be okay one day as a defensive midfielder but in the same way as de Jong was. He won't drive us forward which is why Fern is integral to Pep's system.

I was thinking the same re Stones. He might work as an out and out defensive midfielder, but that is not something we need very often. The way most teams set up against us at home, including Palace, our DM has to be moving things forward. With hindsight we should have played Gundo there with Foden in front.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Looks like not getting a midfielder to cover for Ferno has come back to haunt us. We better go out and blow the transfer record on a top midfielder to cover/ replace him next summer.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum