Diego Simeone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Diego Simeone

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Cholo is a top manager and a good motivator in the dressing room.

But he is going to inter.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 pm

well while discussing managers i might as well let rip..

Tikki takka is pretty boring even when done by the best at it.. eg. Xavi & Iniesta.

Rijkard's barca team was radically more entertaining than PG's.

PG won it all yes, but it was mostly mind numbingly fucking boring football.

( oh and as Ted Hughes used to point out if you removed Messi from that team - would they have actually won anything at all? )

I'm not convinced at all that Joseph 'the messiah' G will win anything at all with City.
If you compare Heynkes and Guardioli at Bayern there is no comparison.. Heynkes won twice as much and they played much more free flowing exciting football.
No wonder 60% of bayern fans were unimpressed by Joseph in the end.

bubble 'pop' ouch!

just saying like
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 pm

We don't play tiki taka and pep hates the term
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Oh dear
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:Oh dear

People are allowed their opinions on him not being the one mate.

I for sure hope I'm proven wrong.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Oh dear

People are allowed to their opinions on him not being the one mate.

I for sure hope I'm proven wrong.

You will be.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:35 am

So, PG has to prove himself to City fans, Pep Guardiola. You could not make this shit up. We are known as the Berties by the scum, I think I get it now.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:So, PG has to prove himself to City fans, Pep Guardiola. You could not make this shit up. We are known as the Berties by the scum, I think I get it now.

Scary isn't it.
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Of course any manager has to prove themselves at a new club.
Or are you saying he could coast along at City with nothing to prove?

I don't give a fuck what he won't at Barca or Bayern. He didn't win it with us!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:42 pm

brite blu sky wrote:well while discussing managers i might as well let rip..

Tikki takka is pretty boring even when done by the best at it.. eg. Xavi & Iniesta.

( oh and as Ted Hughes used to point out if you removed Messi from that team - would they have actually won anything at all? )

I'm not convinced at all that Joseph 'the messiah' G will win anything at all with City.
If you compare Heynkes and Guardioli at Bayern there is no comparison.. Heynkes won twice as much and they played much more free flowing exciting football.

bubble 'pop' ouch!

just saying like

????
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mase wrote:Of course any manager has to prove themselves at a new club.

Agreed. It always makes me laugh when people try to take the high ground with something like this.

Yes Pep has a great reputation but this season there is no doubt we are worse than we were last season with Pellegrini. Pep came here with a great reputation and because of that we all want him to succeed and he'll be given time to do so. But he has made a lot of mistakes this season and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Changing the back 4 every match, playing high defensive lines against teams who play long ball, not making subs until the last few minutes etc. These are mistakes we are seeing from Pep each week. There is no doubt our squad needs improving but he has been underwhelming so far and has a lot to learn about managing in the Premier League.

I still think he can get it right, although his (and Txiki's) ability to sort the defence is a key issue. When they waste 50m on someone as useless as Stones then you have to worry a little bit.

With our remaining games compared to our rivals, top 4 is going to be tough this year. It's not the end of the world if we don't achieve it but Pep will have even more to prove next season if we don't.
aaron bond

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:48 pm

aaron bond wrote:

Agreed. It always makes me laugh when people try to take the high ground with something like this.

Yes Pep has a great reputation but this season there is no doubt we are worse than we were last season with Pellegrini. Pep came here with a great reputation and because of that we all want him to succeed and he'll be given time to do so. But he has made a lot of mistakes this season and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Changing the back 4 every match, playing high defensive lines against teams who play long ball, not making subs until the last few minutes etc. These are mistakes we are seeing from Pep each week. There is no doubt our squad needs improving but he has been underwhelming so far and has a lot to learn about managing in the Premier League.

I still think he can get it right, although his (and Txiki's) ability to sort the defence is a key issue. When they waste 50m on someone as useless as Stones then you have to worry a little bit.

With our remaining games compared to our rivals, top 4 is going to be tough this year. It's not the end of the world if we don't achieve it but Pep will have even more to prove next season if we don't.

No doubt we are worse than we were last season? We're 9 points better off than we were this time last season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

No doubt we are worse than we were last season? We're 9 points better off than we were this time last season.

We're further off the top this season than last, with a much harder run in.
aaron bond

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:11 pm

aaron bond wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Further off the top by a whole one point mate, Chelsea's record equalling run has to be taken into consideration too.

It's certainly debatable mate but "no doubt" is well wide of the mark.

For me, despite the frustration at some of our performances, it feels like we are at the start of something. Last season felt like we were just threading water.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 pm

aaron bond wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Further off the top by a whole one point mate, Chelsea's record equalling run has to be taken into consideration too.

It's certainly debatable mate but "no doubt" is well wide of the mark.

For me, despite the frustration at some of our performances, it feels like we are at the start of something. Last season felt like we were just threading water.

Fair enough - we can debate over how far apart we are from last season :)

There are glimpses of attacking play this season in matches which have been simply breathtaking. But we also are in a situation where every defender needs replacing - we are that bad at the back! Unfortunately I don't think that's possible to do in one summer. I fear our abysmal squad planning may haunt us for another couple of years despite any progress we may make in our attack.
aaron bond

Postby freshie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:12 am

brite blu sky wrote:well while discussing managers i might as well let rip..

bubble 'pop' ouch!

just saying like

What a ridiculous stat to quote. Where did you get that from and what was the sample population? They could have interviewed 10 fans and 6 might have said they were underwhelmed by Pep. Well done for making me laugh after Wednesday night's result. Brilliant
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 pm

mase - what do you reckon?
would you be happy to see diego in june?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:mase - what do you reckon?
would you be happy to see diego in june?

I'd have been happy with him back then and I'd be happy with him now mate.

I think his style suits the Premiership more than Pep's. And I can imagine him absolutely destroying a referee after a performance like the one we had to endure yesterday. Not verbally, but physically hurting a corrupt bastard.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:14 pm

It's a big no from me to Simeone and the very thought of replacing Pep now I see as laughable.

Has he made mistakes of course he has and he will no doubt make more. I personally don't think replacing Joe Hart was one of them even if bringing in Bravo was! He just went for someone he believed in and it was a mistake.

Has he underestimated the premier league ? It's onr of the big things the media/pundits are throwing around. Maybe but personally I don't think so.

Has he overestimated the quality of our defenders and their ability to defend. Absolutely I think he did. Comments about how good a center back Kolarov is/was was all about trying to motivate. To a degree it worked but you get found out a bit too often.

Has he changed the team around too much.Well I suppose the answer to that has to be yes albeit part of that would be down to injuries and some was trying to get a defensive set up that would work. For me he hasn't used our youngsters enough in these changes especially in the earlyish months when we had quite a lot of injuries.

Have we been unlucky with shocking refereeing. Quite blatantly we have. Just thinking of 4 or 5 games and it has cost close to 10 points which would put our league position into a better perspective.

I think we are playing good football to watch and I expect it to get better over the next seasons where I expect us to be able to defend better and be more clinical in front of goal. That means we have to get rid of some deadwood and bring in the right quality. Obviously only time will tell on that but I am confident.

There are plenty who just seem to think Pep is a massive failure but I think the reference to tiki taka football not suiting the premier league bla bla just defeats their credibility totally. He doesn't play or like that football whatever it is. I remain baffled at fans who want him out now and who think he is runing the club and similar garbage.The radio shows find these people (they could be reds as that's what I would expect them to come on and say as they laughed) and it's as if we have a divine right all of a sudden. i.e. just what we have accused scum fans of for years.

When Pep arrived we knew, even if the media spouted crap about how we should win everything now we have Pep and unlimited money, that we were anything but a title winning side.The early run of results made it seem the media were right and that put added pressure and expectation on but again we knew we were not playing that well and especially at home had squeaked a few results.

We were the team in real transition not Liverpool or the scum but allowances were made for them and not us as soon as a few results went wrong.As I say time will tell how well we recruit and perform over the next 2 years but I remain supremely confident that Pep is the right man for City. Simeone might do a good job but I suspect I wouldn't enjoy the football anything like as much.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 pm

I actually think we've played better football under Mancini.

Tevez, Aguero, Yaya in full flow, and Dave were brilliant together on/in their day. But with a very very good defence behind them. It was fantastic football.

You enjoy the playing from the back? I can't stand it myself.
Last edited by Mase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum