Diego Simeone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Diego Simeone

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Please. Not a kneejerk from the last two games. I wanted this Argie slag last year and I still want him now!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Mase wrote:Please. Not a kneejerk from the last two games. I wanted this Argie slag last year and I still want him now!

i think the spanish for pride in battle is "diego simeone"

great phipsing by the way
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:Please. Not a kneejerk from the last two games. I wanted this Argie slag last year and I still want him now!

i think the spanish for pride in battle is "diego simeone"

great phipsing by the way

I didn't want to start a new one and have turds on here suggest I'm jerking my knee off when if you go back pages on this thread I've wanted Simeone to be Pellers' successor since last year.

The guy is completely the opposite to Manu, but at the same time not as much of a cunt as Jose.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Would still rather have him than Pep. Not just on tonight. Just can't warm to the bald prick.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Mase wrote:Would still rather have him than Pep. Not just on tonight. Just can't warm to the bald prick.

He seems very naive but we know with the right players, he'll do well. We may as well just sit back, enjoy the rest of the season and wait for the whole of the defence to be reassembled.

Oh, and give them time next season to adjust.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:13 pm

Mase wrote:Would still rather have him than Pep. Not just on tonight. Just can't warm to the bald prick.

+1
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Absolutely not. We have the right man. He gave every player in the squad and he will have learnt which ones he can depend on and which ones will crack under pressure.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm

We have the right man.

good luck with your dreams
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Absolutely not. We have the right man. He gave every player in the squad and he will have learnt which ones he can depend on and which ones will crack under pressure.

we do not have the right man . his management was an absolute disaster tonight . From starting lineup to half time , fucking nightmare.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:28 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Absolutely not. We have the right man. He gave every player in the squad and he will have learnt which ones he can depend on and which ones will crack under pressure.

Huge summer coming up for pep. It's obvious what we need.
If it's not sorted I think he is gone this time, or before, next year.
He must absolutely must build a proper defence.
He will not succeed without it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Diego Simeone?

No thanks.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:32 pm

I don't want a new manager. I don't want Simeone. I don't want Pep sacked. I do want better football though. The football this season has been largely painful. I can't stand the tippy tappy stuff at the back and the suicidal tendencies tha go with it. I'm assuming this will stop when we get a proper keeper and two proper centre halves and full backs.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Is that the first game we've lost in 50 games? In fact, wasn't it a draw and our winning sequence continues?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I don't want a new manager. I don't want Simeone. I don't want Pep sacked. I do want better football though. The football this season has been largely painful. I can't stand the tippy tappy stuff at the back and the suicidal tendencies tha go with it. I'm assuming this will stop when we get a proper keeper and two proper centre halves and full backs.

May i simply ask why is it a problem now ?

Why on earth did everyone think it would be better ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Not going to lie, I am currently under whelmed by the Barcelona 2.0 concept currently being employed by us with the DOF/Manager.

I am still to be convinced “Tiki Taka” brand of football has any future in the English Premier League. There are many variables for me to be convinced it will be successful outside of warmer sunny climates of Southern Europe Spain/Brazil. You simply get more time on the Ball in hot countries, because Football is more physically demanding on the human body, players stand off. Players can’t cover the same ground per-game that players can in colder England. You saw last night how high flying Sevilla were put out by a very ordinary Leicester side struggling in Premier League. No coincidence that very same ordinary Leicester side beat us easily, using exactly the same tactics. Guardiola appears not to know how to counter average high tempo pressing teams. We play one way regardless of opposition.

I assume the thinking is. We keep playing possession based football; we will create more chances, we win the game.

The thinking makes sense if you are in a 2 team Spanish league, and you are managing one of those said 2 Teams. Whilst having at your disposal Messi,Iniesta,Xavi etc. The opposition simply turning up each week, pulling down their Pants for the usual dry bumming. I am not trying to discredit Guardiola achievements. But a 15 year old playing FIFA could pick a winning Barcelona side most weeks. Same with the Bayern Munich side.

Another thing that has perplexed me. Mancini last season he was deliberately undermined by the Spafia, was the point where the Spaniards knew Guardiola was coming to us after a short spell at Bayern Munich. In reality they have already had 4 seasons including this one to sign the players we already badly needed for Guardiola system. Address glaring inadequacies in the squad.

Guardiola will get another season regardless what any of us think. In reality we now have no choice to but wait it out and see if “TikkiTakka” see us become Champions in England, and Europe. Another key fundamental to it success, it will need us Cherry picking the best players in the World with the Ball at their feet. Having more pulling power than Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern Munch.I personally think it is unrealistic. Given the DOF has already signed too much shit to list, I have confidence not.

We had an identity under Mancini, we had a good solid defence, which was key to our success.

I personally think the project will just as liely end in tears. I hope to God Guardiloa proves me wrong next season,and we take the League/Europe by storm with our incompetent DOF suddenly becoming ultra competent at recruitment policy.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 am

we take our chances this is happy town we miss them again and again and it's City fans doing what they do the knee jerk two step, get a grip. the sun is shinning and we have the scouse cunts to vent on. Calling out our own after two teams went for each other in a 6-6 draw is just wrong we are on the wrong side of it, it's how it goes at times. I mean this hard watching City compared to, let me think 80s,90s 0s FFS.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:08 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Not going to lie, I am currently under whelmed by the Barcelona 2.0 concept currently being employed by us with the DOF/Manager.

I am still to be convinced “Tiki Taka” brand of football has any future in the English Premier League. There are many variables for me to be convinced it will be successful outside of warmer sunny climates of Southern Europe Spain/Brazil. You simply get more time on the Ball in hot countries, because Football is more physically demanding on the human body, players stand off. Players can’t cover the same ground per-game that players can in colder England. You saw last night how high flying Sevilla were put out by a very ordinary Leicester side struggling in Premier League. No coincidence that very same ordinary Leicester side beat us easily, using exactly the same tactics. Guardiola appears not to know how to counter average high tempo pressing teams. We play one way regardless of opposition.

I assume the thinking is. We keep playing possession based football; we will create more chances, we win the game.

The thinking makes sense if you are in a 2 team Spanish league, and you are managing one of those said 2 Teams. Whilst having at your disposal Messi,Iniesta,Xavi etc. The opposition simply turning up each week, pulling down their Pants for the usual dry bumming. I am not trying to discredit Guardiola achievements. But a 15 year old playing FIFA could pick a winning Barcelona side most weeks. Same with the Bayern Munich side.

Another thing that has perplexed me. Mancini last season he was deliberately undermined by the Spafia, was the point where the Spaniards knew Guardiola was coming to us after a short spell at Bayern Munich. In reality they have already had 4 seasons including this one to sign the players we already badly needed for Guardiola system. Address glaring inadequacies in the squad.

Guardiola will get another season regardless what any of us think. In reality we now have no choice to but wait it out and see if “TikkiTakka” see us become Champions in England, and Europe. Another key fundamental to it success, it will need us Cherry picking the best players in the World with the Ball at their feet. Having more pulling power than Real Madrid,Barcelona,Bayern Munch.I personally think it is unrealistic. Given the DOF has already signed too much shit to list, I have confidence not.

We had an identity under Mancini, we had a good solid defence, which was key to our success.

I personally think the project will just as liely end in tears. I hope to God Guardiloa proves me wrong next season,and we take the League/Europe by storm with our incompetent DOF suddenly becoming ultra competent at recruitment policy.

Funny you mention Mancini, that first half display reminded of the limp displays we witnessed on numerous occasions in Europe during his tenure.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 am

zuricity wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I don't want a new manager. I don't want Simeone. I don't want Pep sacked. I do want better football though. The football this season has been largely painful. I can't stand the tippy tappy stuff at the back and the suicidal tendencies tha go with it. I'm assuming this will stop when we get a proper keeper and two proper centre halves and full backs.

May i simply ask why is it a problem now ?

Why on earth did everyone think it would be better ?

I think it has been highlighted as a.problem in any of the games we have played against decent sides this season. I don't really expect it to be better (against decent sides) until we change the personnel or maybe change the recruiters.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Cause we've got *clap clap* Simeone!

Fits perfectly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:32 pm

He's not the answer and the fantasy of some kind of over the top yelling tough guy Mourinho-lite goes against everything the club wants to be,

Pep has made some mistakes, but the problem primarily lies with the players. We've went over this a million and one times, but the importance of instilling a system and culture over short term gains is consistently underappreciated and/or misunderstood by some of us, it seems.

Does Mourinho ever really adapt his style to his players? No. He shows those who he doesn't like the door, and gets players in that fit his style of play, that I loathe mostly.

For the young players who we plan to keep, the good in teaching them one system/style of play and then another the following season slows their development as players and into the system our manager wants to instill and has shown to be effective with the right quality of player. There's a reason we play a similar system from the youth teams up, because that's the style we want to ingrain in the culture -- say compared to United and all of their talk of having such a culture but being in disarray as a club compared to the psat in part because it has not coincided with management and transfers for the first team.

The idea that all Germans somehow think he was a failure at Bayern is also compete hyperbole (wherever I read that) as I know we have heard and read other journalists and fans who followed Pep's Bayern team closely and have the complete opposite view of his tenure there, actually leading more so to the "genius" labels. We've posted articles from such journalists and tactical experts demonstrating this on this forum before, in part, also which goes against another and while I get that he did not win CL, he also did not have the kind of control he wanted with an "old money" club like Bayern who probably clashed with his ego. Here he is given the kind of support he never had there, and is clearly a major reason why he chose to leave.

I'm annoyed about things as well, but things will get better when we sort out some of the issues in the squad.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum