fao herb

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

fao herb

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:35 pm

fuck off you cunt

#teamhart
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: fao herb

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:06 pm

lol hart has 2 of these games a year, gets built up to be the best keeper in the country then coasts and drops clangers the rest of the year.

Great game from him, credit where its due.

But his kicking is woeful. Our second half tactic was him kicking long balls to navas.

and barca's shooting was SHITE. alot of the saves were straight at him; and he was beaten on many occasions (post, bar)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Joe as good as Neuer tonight , absolute class performance against the very best .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:19 pm

City64 wrote:Joe as good as Neuer tonight , absolute class performance against the very best .

As good as Neuer? Most of his saves came from his clearances coming straight back at us. Still, his hair looked nice and he had a good laugh with the 'oppo' at the end of the game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Good keeper. People here can't even appreciate him tonight!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
City64 wrote:Joe as good as Neuer tonight , absolute class performance against the very best .

As good as Neuer? Most of his saves came from his clearances coming straight back at us. Still, his hair looked nice and he had a good laugh with the 'oppo' at the end of the game.

I know, that's annoying but give him his moment tonight. The score could have been embarrassing if he wasn't in form tonight.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:49 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Good keeper. People here can't even appreciate him tonight!

I can !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:51 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Good keeper. People here can't even appreciate him tonight!

+1
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Played a blinder tonight,
Still can't kick, but to me that's like complaining that Kun isn't too good at heading.
Hart's a shot stopper, and can often be immense at it.
Give the guy some credit.
As for the laugh with the oppo, that's just silly, what's he supposed to do, ignore them all?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

I know, that's annoying but give him his moment tonight. The score could have been embarrassing if he wasn't in form tonight.

Agreed. Very churlish of me.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:20 am

if we had 11 players with joe's application, commitment and desire we'd be top of the league and into the cl qtr finals....
sadly we have yaya, nasri and kola
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:26 am

Imo, that is not correct. Hart was poor tonight .That the Barca players shot at him is to his advantage. He really was average tonight.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:26 am

there's no one we could realistically buy that could do better. I think 90% of City fans know that. 10% are Herbilicious and like...the herb.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:52 am

Heres a video of it all. To say he was average is beyond willfully ignorant and is just being a cunt:

Watch on youtube.com

also shows how shit our defense is btw
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:59 am

zuricity wrote:

Imo, that is not correct. Hart was poor tonight .That the Barca players shot at him is to his advantage. He really was average tonight.

surely taking the piss!?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:25 am

Pulled off lots of saves tonight, we have had keepers do that to us over the years in the premier league like schwarzer last week for Leicester doesnt mean id want him to be my keeper or that there world class. There are loads of keepers who do that week in week out in the premier league but are no where near good enough for us. He kicked the ball out of play or back to them at least 4 times from memory and im sure its much more than that. His kicking is one of the worse i have seen. And for a team like us its vital.

Will never be a top keeper for me.

If he wasnt english id move him on.....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:59 am

Given all our problems in the team overall, I think that, at the moment, Joe Hart is the least of our worries.

The entire back four, irrespective of who is picked to play, gives cause for concern; the midfield is both completely disfunctional and fundamentally unbalanced and, on top of that, we can't score goals any more to save our lives.

The team/squad needs an entire re-build and, unless a number of our youngsters are going to be drafted in (possibly prematurely for some of them ??), this could be an expensive - albeit FFP limited - operation.

Against this chaotic background, I just feel Joe Hart is the least of our worries and his putative faults and future in the team can be addressed, if necessary, at a later stage when everything else has been sorted first.

Until then, he's the best we've got so we're 'stuck' with him.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:42 am

agree with the above post - the issue is twofold

1) He IS NOT and WILL NOT address his faults to improve himself.
WHY? For me its his attitude and ego. He will now be living off last nights performance and continue to cost us in the league IMO

2) The reality is, now, he probably is the least of our worries. So we won't be concentrating on improving the hart that broke through X years ago but focusing on all are other issues (defending, keeping the ball, pressing, caring, taking corners.)

The Bonus third issue; that generates my/and now others growing dislike is his joking/laughing with the oppos. Last night I didn't see this. Normally its all the English/crap players in the prem but on the world stage hes a nobody really so players like Messi aren't going to be joking with him. He comes across well in the post match pressers though. One line which did perplex me was ''even when we lose, even when I make mistakes and its all my fault, I'm still proud of my performance'' ???
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:51 am

Didn't see this posted anywhere on the site so here it is

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... 0147/.html?

I don't get this perception of him being arrogant that some seem to have.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 am

Nick wrote:agree with the above post - the issue is twofold

1) He IS NOT and WILL NOT address his faults to improve himself.
WHY? For me its his attitude and ego. He will now be living off last nights performance and continue to cost us in the league IMO

2) The reality is, now, he probably is the least of our worries. So we won't be concentrating on improving the hart that broke through X years ago but focusing on all are other issues (defending, keeping the ball, pressing, caring, taking corners.)

The Bonus third issue; that generates my/and now others growing dislike is his joking/laughing with the oppos. Last night I didn't see this. Normally its all the English/crap players in the prem but on the world stage hes a nobody really so players like Messi aren't going to be joking with him. He comes across well in the post match pressers though. One line which did perplex me was ''even when we lose, even when I make mistakes and its all my fault, I'm still proud of my performance'' ???

Saw that, but in fairness to the guy, the full context of that was that he was saying, that he is always proud of his effort even when the performance doesn't come up to standard. That's what I took out of it anyway and I do find the joking/laughing, not so much irritating, as more a way of him ingratiating himself to the elite of the football world. Maybe that's ego, as in he wants to be seen as belonging in their world. But I'm willing to give him a night off, when he puts a performance in. It could have been embarrassing if he didn't do his job last night.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum