fao herb

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: fao herb

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 am

What's he supposed to do when opposition players come up to congratulate him? Tell them to fuck off or be humble and civil?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 pm

For those saying he didn't have a good game please go and wobble your heads. He was superb last night. No he didn't make loads of "for the camera" type saves but he made timely interventions and made himself very hard to beat. The save from Messi at the end was top notch and if De Gea made that you wouldn't hear the last of it. Saying that he has huge deficiencies in his game.

People can say keepers are there to stop shots etc but the game has evolved and so has the role of a goal keeper. If you are playing teams at the level of Barca of Bayern you can not keep giving possession back to them by your keeper either kicking it out of play or giving it back to the opposition, this being something Joe does far to often. He has to improve this part of his game or IMO be replaced.

From being around the club last year and seeing the work they do with the keepers all of them are now ball playing and have to be able to do this to a good standard. In the future I am pretty sure you will see one of our own playing in goal for city spraying the ball around with ultimate ease.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Sister of fu wrote:For those saying he didn't have a good game please go and wobble your heads. He was superb last night. No he didn't make loads of "for the camera" type saves but he made timely interventions and made himself very hard to beat. The save from Messi at the end was top notch and if De Gea made that you wouldn't hear the last of it. Saying that he has huge deficiencies in his game.

People can say keepers are there to stop shots etc but the game has evolved and so has the role of a goal keeper. If you are playing teams at the level of Barca of Bayern you can not keep giving possession back to them by your keeper either kicking it out of play or giving it back to the opposition, this being something Joe does far to often. He has to improve this part of his game or IMO be replaced.

From being around the club last year and seeing the work they do with the keepers all of them are now ball playing and have to be able to do this to a good standard. In the future I am pretty sure you will see one of our own playing in goal for city spraying the ball around with ultimate ease.

Angus Gunn?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Sister of fu wrote:For those saying he didn't have a good game please go and wobble your heads. He was superb last night. No he didn't make loads of "for the camera" type saves but he made timely interventions and made himself very hard to beat. The save from Messi at the end was top notch and if De Gea made that you wouldn't hear the last of it. Saying that he has huge deficiencies in his game.

How can you say he was superb when you go on then to mention that you cant give away possession like he did? Countless times he kicked it straight to them or out of touch....i think once Sagna managed to keep one in by his dreadlocks. His saves were superb last night, his all round goalkeeping wasnt and as you point out its crucial against the top teams.

So which is it, was he superb or wasnt he?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

How can you say he was superb when you go on then to mention that you cant give away possession like he did? Countless times he kicked it straight to them or out of touch....i think once Sagna managed to keep one in by his dreadlocks. His saves were superb last night, his all round goalkeeping wasnt and as you point out its crucial against the top teams.

Just out of curiosity, who would you aim your long kicks at if you were playing in goal for City?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Just out of curiosity, who would you aim your long kicks at if you were playing in goal for City?

I would prob play them short if possible,but its a fair point there aren't many great options to aim for, but still playing it back to them or into touch are the two options id certainly avoid.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I am not a fan of Harts distribution but I laughed last night when Hart launched it in the air to Silva, who won the header and found Milner with it. I couldnt believe what I was seeing.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:03 pm

He also kicked it to Aguero's head who managed to get it to Silva, led to one of our best attacks of the game.

Hart was last night praised by Messi, Enrique and Iniesta. Not a bad trio to judge a performance.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Slim wrote:He also kicked it to Aguero's head who managed to get it to Silva, led to one of our best attacks of the game.

Hart was last night praised by Messi, Enrique and Iniesta. Not a bad trio to judge a performance.

A pat on the back for kicking the ball back to them was it?:P
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Slim wrote:He also kicked it to Aguero's head who managed to get it to Silva, led to one of our best attacks of the game.

A pat on the back for kicking the ball back to them was it?:P

Could be the reason, maybe they don't want us replacing him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

I thought he had a super game last night. Last night I only recall him hoofing it out of play once. Last night I didn't see as much of the giving the ball away as I did against Burnley. He did very little wrong yesterday, im I wrong in saying that? I don't know one player that plays the perfect game. Messi is being lauded over for his performance last night, how many chances did he miss?? Do them misses take away from what was a mesmerising performance from the worlds greatest player, I don't think so.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:56 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I thought he had a super game last night. Last night I only recall him hoofing it out of play once. Last night I didn't see as much of the giving the ball away as I did against Burnley. He did very little wrong yesterday, im I wrong in saying that? I don't know one player that plays the perfect game. Messi is being lauded over for his performance last night, how many chances did he miss?? Do them misses take away from what was a mesmerising performance from the worlds greatest player, I don't think so.

I wasnt having a go it was a genuine question, yes he gave it away a fair bit, once in the second half he hit it straight to them and they nearly scored, think he was trying to hit kolorov and got no where near it but there were plenty of times. I personally think those errors do take away from his performance, esp as it was in a losing team performance.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

I wasnt having a go it was a genuine question, yes he gave it away a fair bit, once in the second half he hit it straight to them and they nearly scored, think he was trying to hit kolorov and got no where near it but there were plenty of times. I personally think those errors do take away from his performance, esp as it was in a losing team performance.

the problem WE (city fans) have is its been highlighted as a weak point for Hart, therefore its more noticeable as we have a heightened awareness of it. Just like our corner taking, its been highlighted so we are more conscious of them. I would bet that Hart is no better or worse then most other top keepers at kicking TBH (Neuer not included).

The thing with Joe is, he is a TOP keeper, he is OUR keeper and he WANTS to be OUR keeper, he is passionate for US. Lets get he fuck behind him eh!!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:33 pm

I get where you're coming from Dubciteh but I honestly think that Hart is improving. Statistically it might not be showing just yet, but I'd say he's a, getting better at determining when to leave his goalmouth, b, is playing it short more often and c, more of his long balls have a flat ball course, I.E. he is not only kicking it upfield but clearly aiming at someone and trying to get it there fast. He's not hitting the target more often than before though, but you often see the players giving him thumbs up and so forth, even when the balls go amiss, so they're clearly trying to encourage him to do this more often. I think Joe Hart is working on his deficiencies. Oh d, releasing the ball quicker via a throw is also happening a bit more often than before.

You don't get A for effort at this level but let's see how the work that I think he's putting into improving his play pans out. IMO.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:02 pm

This crusade against Hart is ridiculous.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This crusade against Hart is ridiculous.

I agree. A crusade against any City player is ridiculous.......
That doesn't mean some don't need replacing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Herb » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:fuck off you cunt

#teamhart

Ha ha ha, what amazing bravery. Let's see if you have anything to back it up shall we?
PM me me for a meet outside the ground on Saturday and I'll see if you have the courage to say what you're brave enough to write from behind your keyboard.
I strongly suspect that you're all piss and wind - but you're at liberty to try to put me right on that.

Oh, and yes, Joe Hart had a great game, truly outstanding on the day (except for his usual shite distribution) and if he could learn how to distribute and also put on a keeping display like that in 3 out of 4 games, rather than in 1 game in every 10 or more, then he'd be good enough wouldn't he?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Sue 'Fucking' Perb, that's what he was last night.

I know you're all complaining about his distribution but think about this. What if he's kicking it to our player but our player just isn't there?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I know you're all complaining about his distribution but think about this. What if he's kicking it to our player but our player just isn't there?

Hardly surprising Beefy, our players are not supposed to be sat in the stands.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I know you're all complaining about his distribution but think about this. What if he's kicking it to our player but our player just isn't there?

Hardly surprising Beefy, our players are not supposed to be sat in the stands.

What you talking about, I only remember one of them hitting the bye-line. However, I was thinking more of the 'Invisible Man' ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum