fao herb

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: fao herb

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The last fight my family tree lost a fight was 14 October 1066...since then, all peasants have been swatted aside.
I'm still gutted Mancio4eva never made it to our "meet"..Id fuckign trained heavily for that bout.

Not counting your battle with the English language then?

;-)

I prefer to count money instead of impressing cunts with correct spelling on a fuckign football forum :-)

You're like the Kenny Powers of MCF.net.

"I play a real sport not seein who's the best at fuckin exercising. "

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:26 pm

This thread seems relevant.

For what its worth, the players absolutely love Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFeGUcKldcI

(1 min onwards)

edit - great video that by the way. All for of them come across really well.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:44 pm

twosips wrote:This thread seems relevant.

(1 min onwards)

does that mean he has TOO much influence in the dressing room i.e. Mancini/Panti Cup Final.

If he wasn't English and Mancini stayed, we would have replaced him. That is clear evidence that he has areas to work on.

After Barca, we all know we need to shift 'bad eggs'... and then were linked with Sterling..........

The english quota worries me as I'm scared we will panic buy players like Barkley/Henderson/Sterling at daft prices.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Herb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 pm

(1 min onwards)

I think that Joe Hart is a lovely fella but I also think that the 'loveliness' of a player has not a lot to do with whether they are good enough to play week in week out at the very top level.

Joe is a very good stopper - like most city fans I thought he was a fantastic keeper for 'our level' when we were an average side and in terms of reaction saves he must still be amongst the top 3 or 4 in the PL but he also has glaring weaknesses that he has not been able to address.
When it comes to dealing with corners and set pieces he's distinctly average and when it comes to distribution he's a liability.

Yes, Joe is a lovely fella and I bet he's a top bloke to enjoy a pint with when he's out on the lash wearing his Rio 5 aparrel but that isn't a goalkeeping talent . . it might be nice for the ethical soul to believe that loveliness counts in a game of football but it has very little impact . .

I'm just tired of watching us have a dozen shots saved by the opposition keeper while they have one punt at goal and Hart has another howler . . don't you get tired of seeing us dominate but not score due to goalkeeping heroics while we concede so easily . . well now, think about why that might be the case and you may see your hero in another light.

Oh and for Nigel's Tickle and ForeverUpJoesArse here's some special advice; Try throwing one off first to get sexual desire out of your system, so that you can consider the matter with less influence from desire . . you may find that he's not such a good keeper when you don't have a boner for him.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Nick wrote:

(1 min onwards)

does that mean he has TOO much influence in the dressing room i.e. Mancini/Panti Cup Final.

If he wasn't English and Mancini stayed, we would have replaced him. That is clear evidence that he has areas to work on.

After Barca, we all know we need to shift 'bad eggs'... and then were linked with Sterling..........

The english quota worries me as I'm scared we will panic buy players like Barkley/Henderson/Sterling at daft prices.

i'd be fine with a daft price for some....Barkley and Sterling seem to have a lot of potential. Sterling on the right, Bale on the left? Barkley in the middle. Could be an interesting way to spend 180M notes. i'd do it if i have a sheik-sized cock.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Herb wrote:

(1 min onwards)

I think that Joe Hart is a lovely fella but I also think that the 'loveliness' of a player has not a lot to do with whether they are good enough to play week in week out at the very top level.

Joe is a very good stopper - like most city fans I thought he was a fantastic keeper for 'our level' when we were an average side and in terms of reaction saves he must still be amongst the top 3 or 4 in the PL but he also has glaring weaknesses that he has not been able to address.
When it comes to dealing with corners and set pieces he's distinctly average and when it comes to distribution he's a liability.

Yes, Joe is a lovely fella and I bet he's a top bloke to enjoy a pint with when he's out on the lash wearing his Rio 5 aparrel but that isn't a goalkeeping talent . . it might be nice for the ethical soul to believe that loveliness counts in a game of football but it has very little impact . .

I'm just tired of watching us have a dozen shots saved by the opposition keeper while they have one punt at goal and Hart has another howler . . don't you get tired of seeing us dominate but not score due to goalkeeping heroics while we concede so easily . . well now, think about why that might be the case and you may see your hero in another light.

Oh and for Nigel's Tickle and ForeverUpJoesArse here's some special advice; Try throwing one off first to get sexual desire out of your system, so that you can consider the matter with less influence from desire . . you may find that he's not such a good keeper when you don't have a boner for him.

http://youtu.be/0doSWS0Fj24
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Herb wrote:

(1 min onwards)

Joe is not a world class keeper, but few are. He's just a notch below that. He's a world class shot stopper on his day as he showed just last week in Spain. He struggles to distribute and makes a more than average amount of errors compared to the 4 or 5 best in the world.

HOWEVER...you aren't going to do a lot better unless you can sign one of those 4 or 5 and i'm pretty sure that no one can. A world class keeper is probably worth 7-10 pts a season more than the next best group below them. Which is actually a lot of points.

Our defending has been a billion times more concerning than Joe's keeping. If you had less of a boner for fucking him in the ass you might complain about Kompany because he's been worse by 50% than Joe this season. Easily.

I did appreciate that you suggest fellow posters masturbate more tho. i think that's healthy. And sensitive. We all need some of that these days.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:55 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Herb wrote:

(1 min onwards)

Joe is not a world class keeper, but few are. He's just a notch below that. He's a world class shot stopper on his day as he showed just last week in Spain. He struggles to distribute and makes a more than average amount of errors compared to the 4 or 5 best in the world.

HOWEVER...you aren't going to do a lot better unless you can sign one of those 4 or 5 and i'm pretty sure that no one can. A world class keeper is probably worth 7-10 pts a season more than the next best group below them. Which is actually a lot of points.

Our defending has been a billion times more concerning than Joe's keeping. If you had less of a boner for fucking him in the ass you might complain about Kompany because he's been worse by 50% than Joe this season. Easily.

I did appreciate that you suggest fellow posters masturbate more tho. i think that's healthy. And sensitive. We all need some of that these days.

cheers

I blame Kompany!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:12 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Herb wrote:

(1 min onwards)

cheers

I blame Kompany!

Everyone should blame this cunt, as he has single handedly (Repeat repeat repeat) cost us the league.

Fuckign miles worse than Mr "Lob it for a throw in" Hart.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Herb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes Carl, but howler hart performs at the 'not good enough for a top side' level every season and in the seasons we do well it's in spite of the clown not because.
I agree re Vinny though - anothe player that I respect deeply but who isn't at the right level too often nowadays - the difference is that Vinny has a top level that is good enough when he hits it whereas hart simply doesn't have the skill set and his groupies can't see that because their manlust weirdness gets in the way of reasoned judgement.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Herb wrote:Yes Carl, but howler hart performs at the 'not good enough for a top side' level every season and in the seasons we do well it's in spite of the clown not because.
I agree re Vinny though - anothe player that I respect deeply but who isn't at the right level too often nowadays - the difference is that Vinny has a top level that is good enough when he hits it whereas hart simply doesn't have the skill set and his groupies can't see that because their manlust weirdness gets in the way of reasoned judgement.

Hart does not have it in his locker eh? You must have watched Eastenders when we played Barca!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Caught one.
I think I'll throw it back.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Herb wrote:Yes Carl, but howler hart performs at the 'not good enough for a top side' level every season and in the seasons we do well it's in spite of the clown not because.

Hart does not have it in his locker eh? You must have watched Eastenders when we played Barca!

I hardly need to tell you that one swan doesn't make a summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:06 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Fnar fnar
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

The key question is...how many swallows do? I contend the very right one can do it for sure. Maybe even make the whole year or a lifetime. It happens.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ruralblue » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

The key question is...how many swallows do? I contend the very right one can do it for sure. Maybe even make the whole year or a lifetime. It happens.

cheers

I can answer you this my friend by sharing one of the happiest days of the year for me. A date that I cannot predict and could, but truly lucky, I haven't for the past four years. A most wonderful and confirming moment of Summer being here. All from the stone steps at the back of my allotment which go down the the Beck.

Unfortunately it's twent five to eleven and I am on the toilet having my final sit down of the day. My bed awaits, so I'll tell you this experience tomorrow morning. :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:08 pm

ruralblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

cheers

I can answer you this my friend by sharing one of the happiest days of the year for me. A date that I cannot predict and could, but truly lucky, I haven't for the past four years. A most wonderful and confirming moment of Summer being here. All from the stone steps at the back of my allotment which go down the the Beck.

Unfortunately it's twent five to eleven and I am on the toilet having my final sit down of the day. My bed awaits, so I'll tell you this experience tomorrow morning. :-)

you fucking gross weirdo tease, you!

And what do you mean by "final"? How many veggies do you eat all day that you need more than one session? #AnallyObsessed

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 am

Now now Mr Merchant please sit quietly and listen, fingers on lips ya twat. And.... enjoy!

In about three weeks time I will be on the allotment and will hear the tiny ducklings in the nest getting all giddy cause Mumma Duck is about to take them on their first journey into the water. Seeing them leave the nest is a joy that will give me indication that the morning frosts are starting to clear and I can start thinking about getting stuff out into the ground. This in turn raises me time spent on the plot and come lunch time I will go sit and watch them.

Now, early May, I have been lucky enough to catch one or two Swallows come back up the Beck, mid morning. That is my call to down tools grab my flask and go sit on the stone steps and watch the spectacle that unfold before Me. Them pair of Swallows will increase to a few, then dozens and before you know it the river will spring to life and there will be literally hundreds darting across the Beck back and forth. This is the confirmation that Summer is upon us and the Spring frosts have totally cleared. To see this is amazing and I could miss it very easily but haven't.

So...... one Swallow does not make a Summer but it's a clear sign and quickly followed by masses of them.

P s. The final 'go' of the day before retiring for the night helps keep me at a size where I look good in a pair of skinny jeans not like I have spent a hour squeezing into them on a morning. ;-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:56 am

ruralblue wrote:Now now Mr Merchant please sit quietly and listen, fingers on lips ya twat. And.... enjoy!

In about three weeks time I will be on the allotment and will hear the tiny ducklings in the nest getting all giddy cause Mumma Duck is about to take them on their first journey into the water. Seeing them leave the nest is a joy that will give me indication that the morning frosts are starting to clear and I can start thinking about getting stuff out into the ground. This in turn raises me time spent on the plot and come lunch time I will go sit and watch them.

Now, early May, I have been lucky enough to catch one or two Swallows come back up the Beck, mid morning. That is my call to down tools grab my flask and go sit on the stone steps and watch the spectacle that unfold before Me. Them pair of Swallows will increase to a few, then dozens and before you know it the river will spring to life and there will be literally hundreds darting across the Beck back and forth. This is the confirmation that Summer is upon us and the Spring frosts have totally cleared. To see this is amazing and I could miss it very easily but haven't.

So...... one Swallow does not make a Summer but it's a clear sign and quickly followed by masses of them.

P s. The final 'go' of the day before retiring for the night helps keep me at a size where I look good in a pair of skinny jeans not like I have spent a hour squeezing into them on a morning. ;-)

So one swallow does a summer start?
Wonderwall

Postby ruralblue » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:02 am

Well WW one is followed by another then closely by hundreds so........ yes.

House martin however seem to come back in sporadic numbers.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum