City's future and my worries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City's future and my worries

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi folks.

This is my first post so forgive me if I get things wrong or make an ass of myself.

I am worried for the future of Manchester City. I have misgivings about the sustainability of the path the current owner is taking. What happens when the current owner gets bored of his 'pet' project and sells up?

Look at the current wage bill - yaya on approx 250k per week, how many other players on over 100-150k per week. The possibility of the signings of 'super star players, such as Messi £100+ mil to sign, Pogba/Bale at least 60+ mill per player - not counting wages etc. Advertising and sponsorship only goes so far. I realise we could off set with selling players, TV rights etc but if we/city continue on this path - spending big - can city afford it in the long run. Look at Blackburn in the past and the struggles they went through.

I understand we've returned to profitability but is it economically viable to continue spending big? After all spending big doesn't make for 'continued' success (trophies, cups etc) How much has been spent on players since the current owner took over? Don't get me wrong I remember when we signed Robinho for £32 mill and was amazed we could afford that - what city spending big, get in! But we know how that ended. How many flops cost the club how many millions - how many more millions must be spent?

I think it is time for the club to start promoting youth players like Lopes, Denayer and Zuculini. It's time to bring them into the first team fold and get them 'blooded'. I mean come-on how much was spent on the academy, facilities etc! I know it takes time to bring the players up but when does it start - wait till we spend another 100-200 mill on cash grabbing leeches?

I'm just worried about the clubs future both on the pitch and financially or I could be worrying about nothing. Anyway thanks for reading this post and sorry if it's been covered before.

Cheers.
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Re: City's future and my worries

Postby Herb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:28 pm

You can stop worrying . . it's a sustainable business model.

Next?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Rag alert.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Oh it's certainly been covered before.

Under your previous usernames.
Original Dub

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Reads like a rag wind-up.

Those cash grabbing leeches have given me the greatest 5 years of football Ive seen as a City fan so Ill have more of them please. Whilst cash grabbing theyve won 2 Prem titles, a league cup and an FA Cup. Not too shabby.

"Owner gets bored" - wtf? You forgot "Oil Money" and "empty seats" and you've almost completed your Citeh Bingo card.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 pm

100% RAG !

and can someone Rain Wilson in .

Ta
Last edited by City64 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:Oh it's certainly been covered before.

Under your previous usernames.

Did think the same. The avatar is an unusual choice too. Just needed a "should we fear Marcos Rojo" question to complete the posting style.

Next.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ruralblue » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:42 pm

My one and only City related worry is that of the welfare of Nigels Tackle and this Herb chap should they come to have a little dust up.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:49 pm

So I worry about the club I've followed most of my life - and I post something and I get called out for being a dirty rag!

This is a sad state of affairs and even my avatar is called into question - ffs lol

Perhaps if I dragged my knuckles on the floor and threw a few 'cunts' and 'fuck offs' into my posts and butt kissed a few of you I might be accepted. Tuff shit I am here to stay and will continue to post so bring it on bitches :)
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't really get the responses. I can't be arsed to answer but I don't understand the rag-calling. Am I missing something? What happened to Judy the hippy?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby freshie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 pm

'Owner gets bored' is a classic rag line
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:So I worry about the club I've followed most of my life - and I post something and I get called out for being a dirty rag!

This is a sad state of affairs and even my avatar is called into question - ffs lol

Perhaps if I dragged my knuckles on the floor and threw a few 'cunts' and 'fuck offs' into my posts and butt kissed a few of you I might be accepted. Tuff shit I am here to stay and will continue to post so bring it on bitches :)

Ah deffo a rag then.

Wait for the announcements over the next year, as the scale of the project becomes apparent & the next wave of sponsorship deals come in, & weep.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:20 pm

So nobody is worried about city's future? You'd all just blindly want them to spend millions upon millions on players who want just the money and have no passion or heart for the club? Their only loyalty is to their pay and agents. You have no worries that they are not using quality youth players who have that passion for OUR club. I stated we have returned to profitability but spending 100s of millions on a few players is madness in the end. City can afford it for now but there will come a time when the owner moves on and then what? FFS lads I just wanted to express my concerns for city - didn't realise that was a bad thing - so fuck it lets go spend 100+ million on messi, 80 mill on Bale - what the hell why not buy scumchester united and change it into a tesco.
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:So nobody is worried about city's future? You'd all just blindly want them to spend millions upon millions on players who want just the money and have no passion or heart for the club? Their only loyalty is to their pay and agents. You have no worries that they are not using quality youth players who have that passion for OUR club. I stated we have returned to profitability but spending 100s of millions on a few players is madness in the end. City can afford it for now but there will come a time when the owner moves on and then what? FFS lads I just wanted to express my concerns for city - didn't realise that was a bad thing - so fuck it lets go spend 100+ million on messi, 80 mill on Bale - what the hell why not buy scumchester united and change it into a tesco.

The hole is getting deeper!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:So nobody is worried about city's future? You'd all just blindly want them to spend millions upon millions on players who want just the money and have no passion or heart for the club? Their only loyalty is to their pay and agents. You have no worries that they are not using quality youth players who have that passion for OUR club. I stated we have returned to profitability but spending 100s of millions on a few players is madness in the end. City can afford it for now but there will come a time when the owner moves on and then what? FFS lads I just wanted to express my concerns for city - didn't realise that was a bad thing - so fuck it lets go spend 100+ million on messi, 80 mill on Bale - what the hell why not buy scumchester united and change it into a tesco.

You are either a rag or have spent the last few years with your head up your own arse, if you haven't figured out that the Sheikh is working long term, and that's LONG TERM, at City. I don't see how you can possibly have missed it all & what is being planned around the club & the area, if you are a genuine City fan.

City will not have money problems. Sooner or later they will bring through some homegrown players as it is a stated plan, as well as spending money.

You have somehow found a reason to worry about the future stability of this debt free, money making machine with the best youth set up in the world.

Very fishy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Is it that Jamie Jackson cunt ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Wilson Raine » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Fine - u win and I give up.

I love Manchester City and I always will. The truth - I find it hard to understand things. I ain't the best at explaining myself and I done fucked up. I'll leave you lot to do/say whatever you want about me - I should of realised how brutal you lot are to a fellow supporter and I feel sorry for any rag or dipper (who is that?) you lot run into. I don't know who that hippy or jamie jackson cunt is as I've never joined this forum before but fine you've driven me away and I'll rain myself in. I tried but I ain't nasty enough for this forum. So you all take care - no harm no foul.

Forever Blue
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Before you go could you do us one favour.....swap places with Nigel's Tackle? Herb won't mind.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Failed windup
You went to hard to quick, you have much to learn about the art of trolling.
Grow from this experience and remember every failure is a lesson learned
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:Hi folks.

This is my first post so forgive me if I get things wrong or make an ass of myself.

I am worried for the future of Manchester City. I have misgivings about the sustainability of the path the current owner is taking. What happens when the current owner gets bored of his 'pet' project and sells up?

Look at the current wage bill - yaya on approx 250k per week, how many other players on over 100-150k per week. The possibility of the signings of 'super star players, such as Messi £100+ mil to sign, Pogba/Bale at least 60+ mill per player - not counting wages etc. Advertising and sponsorship only goes so far. I realise we could off set with selling players, TV rights etc but if we/city continue on this path - spending big - can city afford it in the long run. Look at Blackburn in the past and the struggles they went through.

I understand we've returned to profitability but is it economically viable to continue spending big? After all spending big doesn't make for 'continued' success (trophies, cups etc) How much has been spent on players since the current owner took over? Don't get me wrong I remember when we signed Robinho for £32 mill and was amazed we could afford that - what city spending big, get in! But we know how that ended. How many flops cost the club how many millions - how many more millions must be spent?

I think it is time for the club to start promoting youth players like Lopes, Denayer and Zuculini. It's time to bring them into the first team fold and get them 'blooded'. I mean come-on how much was spent on the academy, facilities etc! I know it takes time to bring the players up but when does it start - wait till we spend another 100-200 mill on cash grabbing leeches?

I'm just worried about the clubs future both on the pitch and financially or I could be worrying about nothing. Anyway thanks for reading this post and sorry if it's been covered before.

Cheers.

Yeaaaah we have a winner at "citeh bingo"
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum