FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England foot

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Excellent plan to take England back to 1995 when we won absolutely everything...

And come Saturday, my 9 year old will be trained by two great dads, who give up a lot of their time & I'm not going to knock, but are not and never will be professional coaches. A couple of months ago, a relative of one of the kids who's an ex-City player and professional coach came down and did a couple of training sessions with them and it was brilliant. The difference was like the difference in playing ability between the premier league and a Sunday pub team.

And we wonder why Spain and Germany produce better players. Maybe it's because they have less foreigners, or perhaps it's because their FA backed youth football, rather than pissing £700m on a stadium on an industrial estate.

It's much cheaper to get your coaching badges in other European countries. The FA see it as a revenue provider in this country and therefore charge a fortune.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Excellent plan to take England back to 1995 when we won absolutely everything...

And come Saturday, my 9 year old will be trained by two great dads, who give up a lot of their time & I'm not going to knock, but are not and never will be professional coaches. A couple of months ago, a relative of one of the kids who's an ex-City player and professional coach came down and did a couple of training sessions with them and it was brilliant. The difference was like the difference in playing ability between the premier league and a Sunday pub team.

And we wonder why Spain and Germany produce better players. Maybe it's because they have less foreigners, or perhaps it's because their FA backed youth football, rather than pissing £700m on a stadium on an industrial estate.

From what I've seen watching youth football at City's level, the clubs are starting to produce better quality now, so there is a decent chance English players will come through anyway, without these clowns being involved at that level.

They could, as you say, help the grassroots instead of sticking their noses into the business of people who know more about it than they do.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

From what I've seen watching youth football at City's level, the clubs are starting to produce better quality now, so there is a decent chance English players will come through anyway, without these clowns being involved at that level.

They could, as you say, help the grassroots instead of sticking their noses into the business of people who know more about it than they do.

The problem is that the clubs only pick up the cream at 8, 9, 10 etc. If you're net at one of the local clubs, and that's about £200 a treat to attend, will you get picked up? What if you join a club but are coached badly from age 5 or 6? Those first few years are critical, yet we leave it to dedicated amateurs.

For the clubs, why should they care about the ones who won't make it, but surely the FA has a duty there. Although there's no profit or fancy lunches for the likes of Dyke in sorting that.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:According to the evening news this would fuck our first team AND youth squad up. Now what a surprise that Dyke should come up with a plan that hinders us.

I predicted this when I first heard they were going to look into it. Dyke plus Rio Ferdinand ?

The stuff about non EU players in particular is targeting us imo, as they know we have such a huge operation growing worldwide. It will make no difference whatsoever to England, but it makes it harder for us to find the next Messi or Pele.

They will fuck most of it off imo, but just bring in a couple of rules which make things a bit more difficult for us. But whatever they do with this, they will actually be playing to our strengths.

Charlie Adam just said that British kids need to prove they are good enough to play for top teams. Also that they are too expensive to sign.

The woman on Sky said a Premier League source said they will resist it, as they are already working within a new plan which is improving it.

Well done Charlie Adam he knows the kids coming through act like cunts and know they need to sort their heads out.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Quite simply, if they state the truth that they need to restructure our grass root set-up then it will cost money to the FA, money they haven't got. What better way to offset this by putting the onus on the clubs, even though we all know that all's the FA are really interested in is making a profit from the England team.

Pitiful and we can now write off the England team for the next 20 years with this thinking. I'll still watch in hope though but pay for it, I don't think so.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum