Rules Changes, what have you got?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rules Changes, what have you got?

Postby phips » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 pm

tell the refs to card anyone not wearing the captain's armband that surrounds them at any point during the match. after a few end 8v9 then maybe the players stop.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:22 pm

mr_nool wrote:I guess this goes along with Ted's rugby idea above:
Yellow card for all and everyone crowding the ref. No discussions, just pull up the yellow card as soon as players start closing in.

didn't even see this when i posted. glad im not alone.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 pm

phips wrote:
Yellow card for all and everyone crowding the ref. No discussions, just pull up the yellow card as soon as players start closing in.

It might actually take something as radical as 5 sendings off in a game to get the rest of the league to sit up and take notice. The money being invested means the premier league have a very viable product they want to sell again and again. However, this product could easily be ruined if not treated correctly.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

It might actually take something as radical as 5 sendings off in a game to get the rest of the league to sit up and take notice. The money being invested means the premier league have a very viable product they want to sell again and again. However, this product could easily be ruined if not treated correctly.

It definitely needs something, because from the first time they started calling it a product rather than a sport, it has been slowly heading down it's present route and it is ruining what is still the best sport. You don't have to look back too far through the age groups to see what it can be when it is still a sport.
I've been saying it to the other parents of my young lad's football team since they started at U7. This is not the same game that you see in the Prem/Champs Leagues. It's far more real and honest.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:16 pm

Give the refs tasers

Any backchat and you get tasered. Watch them shut the fuck up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

I was at the Rangers v Hearts game in the mid 90s when Hearts had 4 sent off and finished with 7. I can say from experience that it certainly changes a game!

Hearts looked like they actively wanted another sent off to void the game, as apparently once a team is down to 6 it results in an abandonment.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

I was at the Rangers v Hearts game in the mid 90s when Hearts had 4 sent off and finished with 7. I can say from experience that it certainly changes a game!

Hearts looked like they actively wanted another sent off to void the game, as apparently once a team is down to 6 it results in an abandonment.

i can't possibly understand the logic of that rule if it's even true. You fuck up SOOOOO much, you get to try again?

i get it if there is a crowd issue, some kind of weather issue that's fucking completely dangerous to the crowd or players, or something similar, but....fucking up and getting half your team sent off gets you a mulligan? Bullshit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Doesn't it get abandoned and result in a 2-0 loss? Either way I don't get that either. If you're losing five nil the goal difference might be preferable.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:11 pm

You don't get a mulligan but I think it is a 2-0 loss forfeit instead, which given Hearts were 3-0 down would've actually benefitted their goal difference. One of the four sent off was none other than Neil (Disa)Pointon which will surprise no-one and as another was Paul Ritchie there were a few City connections in there. I digress but I suppose if refs applied laws correctly you'd regularly see teams finishing with 7 - Rooney would be sent-off for dissent in just about every game Ive seen him play.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 63462.html
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
I suggested a while back that it would be good if extra subs could be used, but only if they are academy players. That would go a lot further towards the outcome Dyke 'says' he is trying to achieve.

Excellent idea.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:32 pm

It should be a yellow every single time when a tackled player falls down and blatantly grabs the ball. Does my fucking head in players are allowed to do that

Retrospective 3 game bans for diving. After each week a panel of ex-Prem players review all incidents. Also, the panelists should change monthly for example, but like in F1. Furthermore, the FA should make sure throughout the season there will be ex-players from all prem clubs equally, not just former rags or scouse players.

And that Rugby/captain only/ref -rule sounds like a no brainer to me.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Oh, and allow standing and drinking in the stands.
that should maybe be in another topic but hey ho.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Oh, and allow standing and drinking in the stands.
that should maybe be in another topic but hey ho.

Drinking would defo help. Here's why...since you can't drink the amateurs pound it like fuck beforehand and there is a culture of smash the tins down before KO.

If you could grab a couple during the match I believe it would make most of them take it down a notch pre - match. Either that or there would be a death at every ground every match. Either way I'm cool.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Players staying down after a challenge should be taken/carried off the pitch immediately and not be allowed back on the pitch for a fixed amount of time, let's say five minutes.

This suggestion would of course be moot if we got with Picc's suggestion about effective time.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:58 pm

1. Putting players on report/citation. Retrospective action should be allowed and is a farce depending on how loud the outcry's are.

2. Fuck the PiGMOL off, they're their for the PL, not for the good of the game.

3. Allow Roman style thumbs down killings.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 pm

mr_nool wrote:Players staying down after a challenge should be taken/carried off the pitch immediately and not be allowed back on the pitch for a fixed amount of time, let's say five minutes.

This suggestion would of course be moot if we got with Picc's suggestion about effective time.

Another one that making a rule could ruin games. Players get hurt in non sending off challenges all the time. Why should me getting hurt by your foul cost my team 5 mins?

Simply use rules already in place to punish time wasters. The ones that spring back up, make them wait or card them,
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Players staying down after a challenge should be taken/carried off the pitch immediately and not be allowed back on the pitch for a fixed amount of time, let's say five minutes.

Another one that making a rule could ruin games. Players get hurt in non sending off challenges all the time. Why should me getting hurt by your foul cost my team 5 mins?

Simply use rules already in place to punish time wasters. The ones that spring back up, make them wait or card them,

I think you would find that a lot less players would be "injured" if they had to wait a few minutes by the side of the pitch before being allowed back into play.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I think you would find that a lot less players would be "injured" if they had to wait a few minutes by the side of the pitch before being allowed back into play.

Which is already at the refs discretion under current rules. As a coach I've had to tend to many a legitimate injury that hasn't caused a red card. Why should we be punished? Failing to acknowledge gaping loop holes is why rules are broken or manipulated.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Give the refs tasers

Any backchat and you get tasered. Watch them shut the fuck up.

This.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Michael Brookes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:46 pm

5 min sin bin for all yellow cards.
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle