Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:43 am

It's pretty clear to me that Mancini is trying to tap him up, probably mostly through his agent & I strongly believe City have him on the 'possibles' list for the summer sales.

But I have never believed that Yaya particularly wants to go anywhere. As some have said; he has always been shit defensively, so his recent lack of effort v the rags shouldn't be evidence of anything imo. Some players find an extra bit when they are tired, Yaya tends to lose a bit extra instead & give up. The problem of Silva preventing him from being moved further forward has also been mentioned. And we have our various opinions on Silva in another thread.

If Pellegrini stays & plays Yaya in his present position in this kind of team shape, both will be hung on a lamp post by Christmas. If he plays him next to 3 or 4 athletes, then it would look different, but then you have the Silva conundrum again.

When I look at the teams who play the way City are trying to play, they don't just use midfield players, they have two fullbacks who are dead fast & play like midfield players.

That is another way to perhaps get Yaya & Silva in the same team; superfit, fast, skillful fullbacks. It would require dumping Zabaleta. He is too slow. Kolarov is too slow. The other two aren't good enough as footballers.

And of course if Pep comes, Yaya is probably gone before he gets off the plane.

Whatever happens, he's been a great player for City & been a big part of every trophy we've won.

And City will create another top side in the next few years, with or without him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 am

City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
What stats would they be? Distance covered? Touches? Passes? Passing accuracy? Somehow I doubt Barton or Adam compare, I stand to be corrected though.

And its 32 games not your quoted 25 ..............
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

Thanks for providing the stats which prove my point.

And it's 25 not your quoted 32.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
That is another way to perhaps get Yaya & Silva in the same team; superfit, fast, skillful fullbacks. It would require dumping Zabaleta. He is too slow. Kolarov is too slow. The other two aren't good enough as footballers.

Good shout, we should play a 2-8-0

It could work and they both get to play

Hart

DenayerMangala

AlbaNavasYayaFenandinhoSilvaNasriMilnerBale
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 am

We could.

I was thinking more:

......................................Aguero....................................

...................Silva....................................Yaya................
Angelinoish........Gundogan.....Pogba........Maffeoish
................Mangala.........Denayer........Kompany..........

But I'd still ideally have two different players than Yaya & Silva in that system, as in just about any other system I can think of.

Younger versions of Ribery & Robben for instance.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 am

I will accept the fact that he is knackered. But there is clearly a fine line between being knackered and putting zero effort in (i.e. this season). If he is that fucked, then why does he play every minute of every game??

And this brings up another contradiction. Either his contract says he must play; or he wants to play every game. If he is so fucked, why would he need/want to play in every game, if the result is letting fellaini lap you all game?

Its crazy. Yes hes been class, yes hes always been 'a bit lazy'. Yes, for me, we should have sold him for many reasons last summer. Those saying ''we didn't know he'd drop off''; its pretty obvious he couldn't replicate last season and all the trouble in the summer shows there is something not quite right. Players don't perform if theres personal baggage.

Its a good point that maybe we tried to shift him and it didn't work out; but the far more LIKELY OPTION IS THAT PSG COLLUDED TO TRY AND FUCK US OVER ON FEE. Because we are little old city and teams have been used to fucking us over on fees. Circa £10m for yaya and £50m for Luiz; they probably thought was fair game..... Is Abramavich in on this?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 am

That's where the PSG story becomes proven nonsense though. They are not stupid enough to believe they could have got Yaya for peanuts at that time. They didn't just wake up one morning & decide to spend 50 mil on David Luiz; these things take time to set up.

So therefore, Yaya never had a cat in hell's chance of going to PSG, it was the French media originally linking him, as they do every single top player they interview. They ask every single player about joining PSG, & every single player gives the same interview & says the same things as Yaya did . Exactly. DiMaria did it just a few weeks ago. Utd fans don't give a fuck, ours start burning Yaya dolls.

Different mentality.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:05 am

I cannot imagine a situation where Yaya will still be with us next season.I think it's a must that he goes and we do a major rebuilding job. The tougher questions are whether MP will be doing the rebuilding and how many other players will go.

Yaya has been magnificent for us but it's time to move him on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 am

Wooders wrote:One thing that's really been concerning me is the "Pellegrini is a weak manager" line from his agent.
Presumably this echoes Yayas feelings and maybe that of other members of the squad. If so then he's lost them hasn't he? Not good..,

That's only if you believe the agent. I don't.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:That's where the PSG story becomes proven nonsense though. They are not stupid enough to believe they could have got Yaya for peanuts at that time. They didn't just wake up one morning & decide to spend 50 mil on David Luiz; these things take time to set up.

So therefore, Yaya never had a cat in hell's chance of going to PSG, it was the French media originally linking him, as they do every single top player they interview. They ask every single player about joining PSG, & every single player gives the same interview & says the same things as Yaya did . Exactly. DiMaria did it just a few weeks ago. Utd fans don't give a fuck, ours start burning Yaya dolls.

Different mentality.

No, that's where YOU believe the story becomes nonsense.

Ignoring football for a moment, no organization in their right mind when looking to hire a key asset would only have one iron in the fire. You have a shortlist of candidates and you ascertain that:
1: You can afford to open discussions with them
2: They want to come
3: They are available to come in the timescale you need them
In the process, if any of those steps falter, you move on to your next target.

In Yaya's case, if their budget was 40/50m, they knew they could afford him, he may have wanted to go, but ultimately City decided he wasn't available. They move on to their next target on the list, who, with whom they have already completed steps 1&2. That's every bit as plausible as any other scenario, and that's exactly how it works in every industry in the world for hiring key people. Given that PSG's owners are very commercially savvy, I doubt very much that they have approached last summer with only 1 target in mind, to suggest so is seriously underestimating them as business people.

You talk about proof of this and that, but you never, ever give proof yourself, so you speculation is worth exactly the same as everyone else's
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:27 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
You talk about proof of this and that, but you never, ever give proof yourself, so you speculation is worth exactly the same as everyone else's

Agreed but why is it that Ted's theory is dismissed and yet the other theory that the tabloids would have us believe is talked about by City fans as if it's fact?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Agreed but why is it that Ted's theory is dismissed and yet the other theory that the tabloids would have us believe is talked about by City fans as if it's fact?

Probably because the tabloids don't come on here upsetting people by telling them they are morons for believing anything but them.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Scatman wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Probably because the tabloids don't come on here upsetting people by telling them they are morons for believing anything but them.

Probably because you choose to believe the tabloids & believe tye worst. Fuck all to do with me whatsoever.

As for the post by Sparty, that can kiss my fucking arse.

I have said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that what I've posted is my interpretation of a POSSIBLE reason for what has happened. There is absolutely no rvidence whatsoever to suggest that my theory is any less valid than any of the other sensationalist stuff which some people havechosen to jump on.

I have been consistent with it & have asked people over & over to find anything which doesn't fit. I have listed reasons why I'm inclined to think my theory is the correct one; the FACT that both Yaya and his agent said at the time that he wanted to stay at City being the first item which didn't fit the other argument. Now he is basically saying if we don't want him he'll go but if we want him he'll stay.

We have had every fucking twist from some on here; he wants to go, ah but now he doesn't because he's a cunt, oh wait now he does, the cunt, just blindly trying to fit any latest quote into the original tabloid edited quotes. I have stuck to what I think MIGHT be the situation. Every single quote made by anyone, fits in with my theory. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I recon I've had more evidence to support my theory than any other fucker on this thread.

But, anyone who thinks PSG were about to pay 40 mil for old Yaya last season, is actually fucking delusional. I'll stick by that. Txiki would have piloted the fucking plane.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Incidentally I love the idea that a business keeps its irons in the fire by contacting various people saying 'I've got 50 mil burning a hole in my pocket' .

Manager: "Can we have Yaya Toure I need a centre mid ?" DOF: "Man City want more than 50 mil but don't worry, I've bought a centre half instead, same thing .." Manager: " Great, thanks Swalesy ".

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:That's where the PSG story becomes proven nonsense though. They are not stupid enough to believe they could have got Yaya for peanuts at that time. They didn't just wake up one morning & decide to spend 50 mil on David Luiz; these things take time to set up.

Different mentality.

you have a YAYA doll.......lol
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Probably because you choose to believe the tabloids & believe tye worst. Fuck all to do with me whatsoever.

I have said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that what I've posted is my interpretation of a POSSIBLE reason for what has happened. There is absolutely no rvidence whatsoever to suggest that my theory is any less valid than any of the other sensationalist stuff which some people havechosen to jump on.

I have been consistent with it & have asked people over & over to find anything which doesn't fit. I have listed reasons why I'm inclined to think my theory is the correct one; the FACT that both Yaya and his agent said at the time that he wanted to stay at City being the first item which didn't fit the other argument. Now he is basically saying if we don't want him he'll go but if we want him he'll stay.

We have had every fucking twist from some on here; he wants to go, ah but now he doesn't because he's a cunt, oh wait now he does, the cunt, just blindly trying to fit any latest quote into the original tabloid edited quotes. I have stuck to what I think MIGHT be the situation. Every single quote made by anyone, fits in with my theory. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I recon I've had more evidence to support my theory than any other fucker on this thread.

But, anyone who thinks PSG were about to pay 40 mil for old Yaya last season, is actually fucking delusional. I'll stick by that. Txiki would have piloted the fucking plane.

I strongly suspect Pellegrini had the final say. He was (and still is) a star first team player and I've stated elsewhere in another thread why I believe Pellegrini had a very big part in the transfers around that time (not to mention Pellegrini had just steered us to a double in his first season).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:37 pm

sheblue wrote:

Different mentality.

you have a YAYA doll.......lol

More than one. I also have a Tevez one & a Carl 'Acion Man' that Mancio gave me (apparently it's perfectly to scale, but it has a lot of pin holes in it ).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Incidentally I love the idea that a business keeps its irons in the fire by contacting various people saying 'I've got 50 mil burning a hole in my pocket' .

Manager: "Can we have Yaya Toure I need a centre mid ?" DOF: "Man City want more than 50 mil but don't worry, I've bought a centre half instead, same thing .." Manager: " Great, thanks Swalesy ".

So in summary of your two posts, you acknowledge that you are speculating, but you know for certain tricky would have accepted an offer

Are you living in antmcfc's world of 'I don't give a fuck what anyone says cos I know I'm right'
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Incidentally I love the idea that a business keeps its irons in the fire by contacting various people saying 'I've got 50 mil burning a hole in my pocket' .

So in summary of your two posts, you acknowledge that you are speculating, but you know for certain tricky would have accepted an offer

Are you living in antmcfc's world of 'I don't give a fuck what anyone says cos I know I'm right'

At that point in time there's no way he'd have sold a first team player without Pellegrini's approval as I mentioned in my last post. No way at all (in my opinion).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I strongly suspect Pellegrini had the final say. He was (and still is) a star first team player and I've stated elsewhere in another thread why I believe Pellegrini had a very big part in the transfers around that time (not to mention Pellegrini had just steered us to a double in his first season).

I think all the managers have the biggest say in who stays, goes or is signed. It suddenly became unlikely when Mancini signed shite, due to him being infallible, & of course it's not his fault apart from Silva etc, which he chose but was 100% Hughes' fault previously.

Pellegrini will try to keep Yaya rightly or wrongly I think, but may be tempted out of it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:01 pm

City64 wrote:
What stats would they be? Distance covered? Touches? Passes? Passing accuracy? Somehow I doubt Barton or Adam compare, I stand to be corrected though.

And its 32 games not your quoted 25 ..............
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

Thanks for providing the stats which prove my point.

And it's 25 not your quoted 32.

Oi smarmy bollocks , you were going on like Yaya has been world class again this season with none of your own facts or stats , don't come the cunt with me smart arse ! Those stats I have provided show he has under performed big time this season compared to last season ( when he was exceptional)so don't going fucking claiming he has been special this season when if you actually go to the games you can see the lazy cunt doing fuck all mostly without having to look at stats or make an opinion !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum