Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Best pass of the day was from yaya

I thought Guzan's pass was the most eye catching.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Herb » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:What we need need next is for someone else to do what Yaya does but also run about. We are not very smart without him. Most of the stuff Silva does is moving the ball nicely from a to b but it needs others to turn it into something. Yaya does the game changing stuff, but looks past it.

Navs is the only outlet most of the time.

Run about??????? You can't have a Yaya that sprints up and down the pitch - the bloke's fucking huge and the energy he uses when he goes on a run is sapping. You can have players built like Navas who sprint up and down because they're built for it and you can have players like Yaya but they don't do one that does both. .

Huge great players who sprint up and down the pitch all day exist only in the minds of us fantasists. . . . we should get off Yaya's case for not being built like Navas and shouldn't expect Navas to hold 2 players off in a midfield wrestling match before charging through 3 tackles and scoring from the edge of the box having blasted from the halfway line.. . . and that having made an anaerobic effort rather than an aerobic effort so ergo he will be fucked until he recovers and can't "run about".
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Herb wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:What we need need next is for someone else to do what Yaya does but also run about. We are not very smart without him. Most of the stuff Silva does is moving the ball nicely from a to b but it needs others to turn it into something. Yaya does the game changing stuff, but looks past it.

Run about??????? You can't have a Yaya that sprints up and down the pitch - the bloke's fucking huge and the energy he uses when he goes on a run is sapping. You can have players built like Navas who sprint up and down because they're built for it and you can have players like Yaya but they don't do one that does both. .

Huge great players who sprint up and down the pitch all day exist only in the minds of us fantasists. . . . we should get off Yaya's case for not being built like Navas and shouldn't expect Navas to hold 2 players off in a midfield wrestling match before charging through 3 tackles and scoring from the edge of the box having blasted from the halfway line.. . . and that having made an anaerobic effort rather than an aerobic effort so ergo he will be fucked until he recovers and can't "run about".

Why does he have to be huge, you daft cunt ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Surely what yaya does is Sit and dictate play, running about would negate this?

What I'm reading describes milner.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:46 am

Herb wrote:

Vieira must have been a figment of our imagination then
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 am

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I hope that's more to do with posting style rather than any suggstson I have been going on about Yaya being really great this season ?

I thought I said he was fucking shite.

You know I like to throw a grenade in and watch it blow up.

This could be the herb vs Nige that we all wanted before they both lost their bottle!

Ok, less of the "both" will ya. It was Nigella's Tickle who found there were no plums in her knickers.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:20 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Surely what yaya does is Sit and dictate play, running about would negate this?

What I'm reading describes milner.

No; Iniesta or Xavi.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:31 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:

It's an appreciation of scientific fact that's required to understand why different players of different physical size are better able to perform in different ways - imagination doesn't come into it.
If Vieira were playing in today's faster game you'd see that he'd need to jog back after exhausting sprints just like all the big guys do. Just look at the physical difference between runners for instance and you'll see that the big fella's are sprinters who perform an anaerobic function whereas those needing to maintain their effort for longer are lighter as they need to be physically small enough to be able to replenish oxygen as they perform (aerobic function). That's why Bolt doesn't run 10k etc. and smash all distance records - he might be the fastest bloke in the world but he's not built for distance. This isn't a piss-take, so don't think I'm having a pop at you, it's education and you can take it or leave it but it remains fact whatever your opinion.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 am

Herb wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:

It's an appreciation of scientific fact that's required to understand why different players of different physical size are better able to perform in different ways - imagination doesn't come into it.
If Vieira were playing in today's faster game you'd see that he'd need to jog back after exhausting sprints just like all the big guys do. Just look at the physical difference between runners for instance and you'll see that the big fella's are sprinters who perform an anaerobic function whereas those needing to maintain their effort for longer are lighter as they need to be physically small enough to be able to replenish oxygen as they perform (aerobic function). That's why Bolt doesn't run 10k etc. and smash all distance records - he might be the fastest bloke in the world but he's not built for distance. This isn't a piss-take, so don't think I'm having a pop at you, it's education and you can take it or leave it but it remains fact whatever your opinion.

I'm fully aware of the science, but im not sure your understanding of it helps your point. Football is an anaerobic sport, in any position, it is based on short bursts of high effort followed by periods of rest or lower intensity, whether you're 6ft 2 or 5ft 5 is largely irrelevant.

You don't see footballers built like Olympic sprinters because their conditioning is for repeated anaerobic effort, not one off sprints. When Yaya first arrived, he would sit on the floor for 2 minutes after a run with the ball, not because he isn't built for it, but because he was out of condition when he arrived from Barcelona.

Other than being tall and black, Yaya Toure has fuck all physically in common with a sprinter, and has had a full career of being conditioned for the exact type of exertion I have described.whilst he's certainly in better condition than he was when he arrived, these days he simply chooses not to work hard, that's the top and bottom of it

As for your point about Vieira, you are describing perfectly the repeated high intensity followed by rest I described above, so why was he better at that than toure? Genetics, or attitude?
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 am

Imagination is that Fellaini can run ten yards into space but Yaya can't run ten yards to mark him.

The correct scientific word word for that is boneidleness.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:

I'm fully aware of the science, but you've Fundamentally understood that Football is an anaerobic sport, in any position, it is based on short bursts of high effort followed by periods of rest or lower intensity.

You don't see footballers built like Olympic sprinters because their conditioning is for repeated anaerobic effort, not one off sprints. When Yaya first arrived, he would sit on the floor for 2 minutes after a run with the ball, not because he isn't built for it, but because he was out of condition when he arrived from Barcelona.

Other than being tall and black, Yaya Toure has fuck all physically in common with a sprinter, and has had a full career of being conditioned for the exact type of exertion I have described.whilst he's certainly in better condition than he was when he arrived, these days he simply chooses not to work hard, that's the top and bottom of it

As for your point about Vieira being incompatible with the modern game, I simply disagree, he would be a monster in the game today, the speed of the game in 2015 is no different to the speed of the game in 2002.

I'd argue the case but you're not even on the same page so I'll leave you to dream of the 14 stone shuttle runners sprinting up and down the pitch all day and hope to fuck we buy one to replace Navas because a big Navas would be truly awesome - hahaha truly!
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 am

We need another Colin Bell, not that we'd ever find one unfortunately.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 am

Herb wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Herb wrote:

I'm fully aware of the science, but you've Fundamentally understood that Football is an anaerobic sport, in any position, it is based on short bursts of high effort followed by periods of rest or lower intensity.

As for your point about Vieira being incompatible with the modern game, I simply disagree, he would be a monster in the game today, the speed of the game in 2015 is no different to the speed of the game in 2002.

I'd argue the case but you're not even on the same page so I'll leave you to dream of the 14 stone shuttle runners sprinting up and down the pitch all day and hope to fuck we buy one to replace Navas because a big Navas would be truly awesome - hahaha truly!

Good decision, because you're talking utter bollocks.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:27 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I don't even see why we are still playing yaya. He is gone at the end of this season and he is taking up a slot of someone who wants to be here.

i strongly suspect the rumours of a playing clause in his contract might be true.

This ^^^^^

The cunt didn't want to be on the pitch today and goes off with a bruised sock !!!

Surely the worrying thing for those intent on getting rid of yaya, is that we were even fucking worse after he went off

How do we explain that then?

His disappearance played a big part in Villa having more possession than us yesterday.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:59 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I don't even see why we are still playing yaya. He is gone at the end of this season and he is taking up a slot of someone who wants to be here.

i strongly suspect the rumours of a playing clause in his contract might be true.

This ^^^^^

The cunt didn't want to be on the pitch today and goes off with a bruised sock !!!

I keep saying this. Why everybody is simply ignoring that he is our most influential midfielder?
Lamps has gone, Milner appears certain to go. The only one I would keep ahead of Yaya is Silva. The two Ferns and Nasri aren't fit to lace his boots.
We are extra wank without him.

Surely the worrying thing for those intent on getting rid of yaya, is that we were even fucking worse after he went off

How do we explain that then?

His disappearance played a big part in Villa having more possession than us yesterday.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:06 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:We need another Colin Bell, not that we'd ever find one unfortunately.

I couldn't agree more but must make the point that if Bell had been built like Yaya he wouldn't have been able to perform like Bell due to the physical constraints.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:25 am

But he would be able to make 10 20 yard runs to track people, like Vieira had to do & Yaya had to do at Barca but has rarely been arsed doing for City.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Hopefully he has now played his last game for us.

Thanks for the memories Ya Ya. Last season he was incredible.

The slow pace of the Italian League will suit his aging legs.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:57 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Hopefully he has now played his last game for us.

Thanks for the memories Ya Ya. Last season he was incredible.

The slow pace of the Italian League will suit his aging legs.

Serious question. Which club in the Italian league could better Yayas wages. He won't leave for less despite what his agent says.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Maybe Inter Milan will take Ya Ya,Jovetic, on loan for 3 seasons, with us paying two thirds of of their wages with a view to buy in 2019 :-)
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum